Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 189

on my own:
If you are considering signals that metatrader is selling based on "real" and "demo" category : Metatrader marks as "real" all non-expiring demo accounts -"real" in the type column means nothing at all. Ask your broker and they will explain you why is it so

Not just that : some brokers are doing that deliberately (metatrader report demo account as "live") in hope of getting more traders

techmac:
Not just that : some brokers are doing that deliberately (metatrader report demo account as "live") in hope of getting more traders

I don't know about that, but what I know is that non-expiring demo accounts are falsely reported as live accounts. That is why there is so much "real" accounts in signals : I have been checking some of those and so far haven't found a single account which included even a single withdrawal

Build 711 constantly locking up and occasionally crashing for no obvious reason on my PC - not funny any more

Back to "real" and "demo" accounts : now some people are cnfused how some signals became "real" in a blink of an eye and are asking why demo can not be used. Nobody bothered to answer that those are all demo accounts in signals

on my own:
Back to "real" and "demo" accounts : now some people are cnfused how some signals became "real" in a blink of an eye and are asking why demo can not be used. Nobody bothered to answer that those are all demo accounts in signals

I am affected by the IsDemo() function in MQL4 in different way. I sell some commercial indicators, that I allow to trial on demo accounts. Now, many users are complaining that the trial period is not available on their demo. I can only say "change the broker".

Actually I am not sure if it is incorrect broker settings or a MQ bug, though my guess is the former.

According to my broker, that is done as metatrader instructed them. Otherwise some features of the demo accounts will not work

rourkem:
Hi on my own. Can you please provide an example of a feature that will not work on the demo version here?

I have been told that non-expiring demo accounts must be set up like that or else they will expire. The rest I have no idea : I was not the one setting up their servers, and I do not know what else could be the reason for setting it so

Hi on my own. Can you please provide an example of a feature that will not work on the demo version here?

Latest pearl : "global initialization failed , invalid ex4 file(9)" and terminal refuses to start. Build 711

Moral Of Story for MT4 is that "Great Strategic Vision" in upgrading a product counts for little if practical execution is totally flawed due to continuous multiple customer-disruptive upgrades. Always deliver a final ready product version before releasing to customers. I wonder how the MT4 CEO can actually come up with something absurd like this. This is nothing short of total incompetence.

Reason: