REQ HA Offline Chart - page 12

Ish

Will make it that way and then we shall be able to experiment with it at our will

mladen:
borgonuovo

No

The latest version even has a control that prevents you to chose time frames like 1,5,15.30,60... in parameters in order to prevent collision with "legal" time frames

You can attach it to any normal time frame (as well as to offline time frames - as long as you do not duplicate the time frame - for example you attach it to a "10 minute" chart and again specify 10 minute for time frame) Some that were testing it tested it already attached 3-4 in a row one over the other that way. The pictures that I am attaching are all a result of a 15 minute EURUSD chart and with a simple XO and StepMA of a pdf (probability density function) ma from elite section it seems to be quite tradeable

I just sent one email where I said that this is not a holly grail, but even with default settings it seems to be OK and compared to some "wonder systems" there is no repainting or anything similar. A bit of playing with parameters and I think that it can be useful in anybodies trading

PS : my tp got hit while I was typing this post and in a 43 pip range EURUSD slow day it allows me now too freely code the rest of the day. Happy trading guys

about ha smoothed offline chart great trading methods, thanks mladen.

here provide another solution if you do not wish to employ offline chart.

stepma_v7.2_pdf_for_ha_amp_alerts_nmc.mq4

xo_clean_for_ha_mtf__alerts__lines_nmc.mq4

Ish

Here is the jurik offline first : jurik_offline.ex4

Tested it and as far as I see all is working OK

Files:

I have been asked a couple of times how to trade HA offline charts.

The principle is simple : in the times when the news are "regular" news, keep your basic source time frame for HA offline chart. In the times when high impact news are expected, switch one time frame lower. Combined with some indicators that are resiting minor "trend changes" (like step ma pdf for example) it can lead you to good results. Here is the result of switching to lower time frame before ECB press conference : as it can be seen, the combination did its job as one would expect it. Once when the lower time frame source gave a reliable entry (and exit) point, simple switching back to "normal impact news" time frame allows us a normal trend continuation trading

PS: do not counter trend trade this combination. This combination tends to catch long trend changes. Counter trend trading it can lead you to significant draw downs. If you missed the signal, wait for another or assess if it is safe to enter the trend direction later too

PPS: all indicators used with default parameters values

Files:
ha_offline.gif  83 kb

This is ha smoothed offline averages updated with all the new average options. The chart picture is with Ahrens average and the step ma pdf. Thanks Mladen for the help.

mladen:
Re: REQ HA Offline Chart Seems that some thing have changed by the mq and some people are experiencing problems with the HA offline charts today. Here is a version that is tested on a couple of brokers and it works on all of them : ha_smoothed_offline_3.08_nmc.ex4

Upgraded version that avoids an issue in one (rare case, but it could happen) : ha_smoothed_offline_3.09.ex4

This one upgraded too : ha_smoothed_offline_averages_2_1.ex4

mrtools:
Re: REQ HA Offline Chart

This is ha smoothed offline averages updated with all the new average options. The chart picture is with Ahrens average and the step ma pdf. Thanks Mladen for the help.

mrtools

which base TF do you feel is the best for EURUSD w/HA and could you make a habit to include the display price indicator in your examples then I wouldn't have ask this dumb question.

Thanks

Ray

traderduke:

mrtools

which base TF do you feel is the best for EURUSD w/HA and could you make a habit to include the display price indicator in your examples then I wouldn't have ask this dumb question.

Thanks

Ray

I am using it on 15 minute chart - so far it is good

sebastianK:
I am using it on 15 minute chart - so far it is good

depends on what a trader is looking for, but 15 minute is not a bad choice

Reason: