Aren't we all looking for grail? :)

I don't ...

mladen:
I don't ...

Does that mean that you found it?

techmac:
Does that mean that you found it?

That would be looking into a wrong direction

There are no miracles. There is only us using our feeble minds to trade. It only depends if we are willing to learn and if we actually invest some time (and I don't mean a day or two) in learning. All the rest comes with knowing what are you doing

some minds are feebler than others...

The edge is reasonably very small that many in the academic side has described the market as approximately efficient. There aren't many people who can claim to be consistently successful in this field for a decade/s, nor are there many who can claim system consistency without modifying their system in part over the years. When enough money jumps on the same bandwagon, it is but a matter of time before the system strategy loses it's performance. A good case in point well known by everyone would be the age old initial TA indicators like ADX, stochastics etc dropping to just 50%+ performance from 70%+ over the decades.

Many people confuse a profitable system as having an edge & dont understand what randomness really means. Even if in a 100% efficient market, there will still be people who will become millionaires over the years, due to the nature of the statistics or due to money management mainly. From a system angle, the markets are extremely unlikely to have 100% efficiency due to the fact that "it" (combined market participants) cannot counter all system strategies all the time as it can possess only a fixed price value at only one time. We probably can describe markets as efficient most of the time towards most system strategies. It is through the minute gap that there is probably an edge to play. So this translates into a need to derive unique/approximately non-popular systems that can survive the test of time as is.

Well, i might be wrong so well. GL everyone

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

mladen:
Guys just make a difference between recalculating and repainting indicators. Recalculating ones will always remain recalculating ones since nothing is wrong with them. Repainting ones are the ones with coding errors that can be fixed)

always love your idea bro... you're one of my virtual teacher... GBU...

since I am just a learner... I wonder why there're so many people looking for "the holy grail". NOBODY knows where the PRICE will go. NOBODY!!! My system is always consist of "DIRECTION" and "RANGE". My great thank's to the coder of LSMA nrp... my lovely dependable "DIRECTION"...qqqqqqqqqqqq

I can also make it non repaint for you

Hi,

is it possible to make 5_34_5 indicator non repainting ? It uses some future candles to calculate signal.

Any idea ?

Thanks

- jack -

jackprobe:
Hi,

is it possible to make 5_34_5 indicator non repainting ? It uses some future candles to calculate signal.

Any idea ?

Thanks

- jack -

jack

This one is made to use past not future values. Try it out

Files:
5_34_5.mq4  4 kb
Reason: