Universal MA Cross EA - page 76

Won't open trades

I don't understand why it won't open trades. I carefully reviewed all options.

The alert is coming up and saying MA CROSS!

But a trade won't open.

Any suggestions?

DMT:
I don't understand why it won't open trades. I carefully reviewed all options.

The alert is coming up and saying MA CROSS!

But a trade won't open.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest that you post your set file so someone can have a look at it and find the error

umacea.set

That is my .set file

This is a test file... I have it set to a 5pip TP and SL

Wouldn't open a trade. I tried it on multiple time frames with the same set file

Thanks for taking a look

Files:
umacea.set  2 kb

Blaiserboy:
I would suggest that you post your set file so someone can have a look at it and find the error

Here is the file

umacea.set

Files:
umacea.set  2 kb

DMT:
umacea.set

That is my .set file

This is a test file... I have it set to a 5pip TP and SL

Wouldn't open a trade. I tried it on multiple time frames with the same set file

Thanks for taking a look

I think you have to raise those amounts as a moving average strategy is not going to work at 5 pips......

My thoughts a minimum of 20 for each

Try that and then we will have a look at set file

A little help needed with settings. I wanted to implement 5 EMA and 8 EMA (8open 5close). What do I change?

Files:
chart.gif  40 kb

Togu:
A little help needed with settings. I wanted to implement 5 EMA and 8 EMA (8open 5close). What do I change?

In these two boxes, things are numbered starting at 0... just select the one you want by number in the EA

You want to change FastMaType

and also FastMaPrice

Blaiserboy:
In these two boxes, things are numbered starting at 0... just select the one you want by number in the EA

You want to change FastMaType

and also FastMaPrice

Thanks for the reply but I was asking the settings in the ea. There are no extra settings for OPEN/CLOSE

UPDATE: Oh u were telling me to put the numbers?

FasTMAPeriod:8

FastMAType:2

FastMAPrice:1

So above mentioned are correct settings?

Suggestion please

I try to make an EA for any Moving Average Cross strategy, try to make it universal. So please let me know should you have any suggestion to add to this EA.

Hi Firedave, A great EA! Only I have a problem, which is that my trades are being cancelled shortly after placement, which is causing a loss each time. I'm wondering if it has to do with the Trail Stop, I'm using Type 1...has this been a problem before? Do you have a suggestion? Thanx.

Just guessing now, but try using a "wider" trailing stop in that case. If you use a too tight trailing stop things like that can happen

Jozmo:
Hi Firedave, A great EA! Only I have a problem, which is that my trades are being cancelled shortly after placement, which is causing a loss each time. I'm wondering if it has to do with the Trail Stop, I'm using Type 1...has this been a problem before? Do you have a suggestion? Thanx.
Reason: