Price Trapping Strategy - page 2

Seekers,

I really appreciate it very much, this was my intention sharing it to this forum, I need helps in testing this system exhaustively, to see the condition where it will fail. Since it is purely MATH and PROBALBILITY, I think it is obvious when it will fail. When the market is ranging below 60 pips range for too long, it will continuesly increase the lot size and depending on the equity, it will eventually fail due to Margin Call. However, WILL the MARKET move less than 60 pips for loooong time? that's probably is the less likely event to happen. But, who knows what will happen. Our task is to find the way to avoid being trapped in this condition if it does happen. As you can see, there is a Max.Lot in the code, it's to anticipate the multiplication of lot size on the ranging market.

Here is the result from last line trading on EURUSD.

Buy @ 1.3281 SL 1.3261, Profit -20 pips

Sell @ 1.3261 TP 1.3221, Profit +40 pips

Net Profit : +20 Pips.

Will see the next trading..

You can control the DD when you let trade the EA only if trend occurs. Watch MACD and Stochastic for reversal and when it happens let the EA trade. Must have a box for manual permission to trade (all EAs have it). Even better include the MACD and Stochastic or ADX in the software and let the EA trade only if circumstances meet, not during sideways.

Hermes

With the range we are witnessing in the last year or so, GBPUSD and EURUSD continuous moves larger than that are rare. Will see how it behaves in periods when ranges were normal not the squeezed in like now

Thanks for the guidelines

tumir66:
Seekers,

I really appreciate it very much, this was my intention sharing it to this forum, I need helps in testing this system exhaustively, to see the condition where it will fail. Since it is purely MATH and PROBALBILITY, I think it is obvious when it will fail. When the market is ranging below 60 pips range for too long, it will continuesly increase the lot size and depending on the equity, it will eventually fail due to Margin Call. However, WILL the MARKET move less than 60 pips for loooong time? that's probably is the less likely event to happen. But, who knows what will happen. Our task is to find the way to avoid being trapped in this condition if it does happen. As you can see, there is a Max.Lot in the code, it's to anticipate the multiplication of lot size on the ranging market.

Here is the result from last line trading on EURUSD.

Buy @ 1.3281 SL 1.3261, Profit -20 pips

Sell @ 1.3261 TP 1.3221, Profit +40 pips

Net Profit : +20 Pips.

Will see the next trading..

hermes:
You can control the DD when you let trade the EA only if trend occurs. Watch MACD and Stochastic for reversal and when it happens let the EA trade. Must have a box for manual permission to trade (all EAs have it). Even better include the MACD and Stochastic or ADX in the software and let the EA trade only if circumstances meet, not during sideways. Hermes

Hermes,

MACD , Stoch and ADX filter can be added, as for the Manual Permission, there is a Stop.Trade function on the EA to stop it from trading, ther is also Time function to set what time the EA is allowed to trade, normally only start trading during UK & US market open.

Thanks for the input.

Tumir66

Another closed trade today on EURUSD.

Buy @1.3238 TP 1.3278 Profit: +40 pips.

Will see the next one..

Hi Tumir !

Thanks for your sharing your EA. I downloaded the EA (MQ4 File and SET File), placed MQ4 file (SuperTrap_R51.mq4) in experts and SET file (strap_r51.set) in symbolsets foldr.

Its showing "2012.12.20 22:11:40 2012.11.21 13:29 SuperTrap_R51 EURUSD,M1: OrderSend error 131" in Journal Tab.

I am demo-trading this on Alpari.

Can you please help me in this regard ?

Thanks and Happy Trading !

Another successful trade on EURUSD last nite.

Sell @ 1.3267 TP 1.3227, Profit : +40 Pips

Actually, the EA will only take one trade per day, sice I set it the Continuous.Trading to FALSE, but last nite I forced the EA to trade again by changing the Start.Hour to reflect the current hour.

So far still so good...Will see next one...

Shunmas,

I'm not sure if you correctly loaded the set file (strap_r51.set), normaly I put in under Experts\Presets\ directory, and load the setting by opening Expert Advisors and Properties windows on the chart where the EA is attached, then load the file by pressing the LOAD button, then select to the set file (strap_r51.set), this will load the setting on to the EA. Let me know if you still have the problem.

By definition it is an invalid trade volume, does your broker allow 0.01 lot size? did you try to do back test? was ok on back test?

Thanks

Shunmas:
Hi Tumir !

Thanks for your sharing your EA. I downloaded the EA (MQ4 File and SET File), placed MQ4 file (SuperTrap_R51.mq4) in experts and SET file (strap_r51.set) in symbolsets foldr.

Its showing "2012.12.20 22:11:40 2012.11.21 13:29 SuperTrap_R51 EURUSD,M1: OrderSend error 131" in Journal Tab.

I am demo-trading this on Alpari.

Can you please help me in this regard ?

Thanks and Happy Trading !

Here is another successful trade on EURUSD

Sell @ 1.3237 TP 1.3197, Profit :+40 pips.

Will see the next trade...

Nice So you are forward testing now?

Reason: