NRTR Ichi Trading System - page 11

End of my trading day..

Hello MrTools,

It seems as if we will be missing each other, which is a crying shame as I really needed to talk to you about the EA. If you should swing by this Thread, kindly check through my posts and leave a message for me. Otherwise I will try again over the weekend to get to you by Monday morning; that is providing that you haven't taken Monday off.

Enjoy the weekend.

Best regards.

ValeoFX:
Good morning MrTools,

Here is an example of an incorrect entry on the CAD/USD when the RSi-14 was >70-level.

I also want to ask you to add an option whereby I can choose to use PT when the RSi hits either 70 / 30 levels in a trade, because it mostly turns the trade.

We also need to discuss the "re-activation" of the EA (or switching "ON") after closed manually and/or otherwise, plse.

Looking forward to hearing from you once you are up and about, plse.

Rgerads,

Hello ValleoFX,

So it is trading but its still taking wrong entries?Sorry but what is PT. Right now the Ea is supposed to automatically reactivate after a closed trade either manually or otherwise.

If you prefer the Rsi regular then will put that in the regular code and maybe make the Psar, the add on and trash the other Rsi, seems when i put more than one add on the Ea doesn't recognize it.

Anyway would like to get a plan together either today or tomorrow, how to proceed then will have a somewhat long weekend to come up with something halfway decent,

Follow up

mrtools:
Hello ValleoFX,

So it is trading but its still taking wrong entries?Sorry but what is PT. Right now the Ea is supposed to automatically reactivate after a closed trade either manually or otherwise.

If you prefer the Rsi regular then will put that in the regular code and maybe make the Psar, the add on and trash the other Rsi, seems when i put more than one add on the Ea doesn't recognize it.

Anyway would like to get a plan together either today or tomorrow, how to proceed then will have a somewhat long weekend to come up with something halfway decent,

==================

Good morning MrTools,

Thank you for stopping by.

PT = Profit taking, my apologies.

I do prefer the RSI-"regular" where the trades are taken irrespective of crossing the 50-level, etc. The function is simply to prevent the EA taking a trade when the RSI-14 is >70 or <30-levels respectively.

Also, the option to switch on the "overheating"-feature where the EA takes profit once the O/H area is reached and whilst we are at it, make that an option so that I can decide between 70 or say 90 so that I can see which suits best for Profit taking as oppose to setting a hard PT @ 50.

I also notice that one can easily get away with profit of ±12 pips during London open until it settled, before moving on and reaching better profit such as ± 30 pips. It will require that I change the PT after the settling-in period, but one can "pay that price".

Enjoy the weekend, but I will be here over the weekend in case you needed to contact me for some clarification.

Best regards,

Cock-eyed cowboy

Good morning MrTools,

Here is an example of a trade that got stopped out for -2,3 pips on USD/CAD this morning - unbelievable! Nothing wronmg with the entry, but for the stop-out? It seems that there are a few more "issues" inside the EA that meets the eye.

Best regards,

ValeoFX:
Good morning MrTools,

Here is an example of a trade that got stopped out for -2,3 pips on USD/CAD this morning - unbelievable! Nothing wronmg with the entry, but for the stop-out? It seems that there are a few more "issues" inside the EA that meets the eye.

Best regards,

Hello ValeoFX,

The other modifications you mentioned are done and being tested, but before i start tearing the Ea apart again to figure out why this stop out happened, could you please verify if you had UseNrtrClose=true or false. Thanks

NRTR settings

mrtools:
Hello ValeoFX, The other modifications you mentioned are done and being tested, but before i start tearing the Ea apart again to figure out why this stop out happened, could you please verify if you had UseNrtrClose=true or false. Thanks

=====================

MrTools here is a screen-print of the NRTR settings on the EA as requested.

Thanks.

ValeoFX:
=====================

MrTools here is a screen-print of the NRTR settings on the EA as requested.

Thanks.

Thanks ValeoFX, but right below that is UseNrtrClose=true or false, if you have it set on true could be the reason why the trades were closed early.

Hi Mrtools,

I've been forward testing v1 of this EA on eurjpy and cadjpy. I followed the default settings. The EA opened trades repectively on Dec 17 and Dec 24 on the two pairs. So far the two trades are still open and both are in profit. However, it is unusual for trades of a EA on m1 to remain open for such long time. Can there be something wrong with the default setting ? Should I change the setting for exits ?

Thank you,

David

mrtools:
Thanks ValeoFX, but right below that is UseNrtrClose=true or false, if you have it set on true could be the reason why the trades were closed early.

======================

Hello MrTools,

Well I have interpreted that by choosing "true" that it meant at the close of the NRTR otherwise why even bother having it as an option. I can only imagine what will happen now that I have changed it - entries may just be all over the place as I cannot see how this could improve the placing of a trade which is really and honestly, haphazard! There is no consistency whatsoever and what is good for say the $NZD is not good for E/J etc.

It has become a damp squid for me where I was truly so excited when I manually traded the concept.

Regards,

pooh123:
Hi Mrtools,

I've been forward testing v1 of this EA on eurjpy and cadjpy. I followed the default settings. The EA opened trades repectively on Dec 17 and Dec 24 on the two pairs. So far the two trades are still open and both are in profit. However, it is unusual for trades of a EA on m1 to remain open for such long time. Can there be something wrong with the default setting ? Should I change the setting for exits ?

Thank you,

David

Hi David,

If i remember correctly the default setting was a take profit of 12 pips, the Ea should have closed the trades by now, when you get a chance could you verify your settings.

Thanks.

Reason: