Indicators On Chart

Anyone have an idea for this problem and why it happens and how to fix it?

I right click on my chart to pull up the INDICATOR LIST for the indicators that are on the charts. When I do, the platform locks up and I can not do anything. Have to use the TASK MANAGER to even shut it down.

I can get the OBJECT LIST just fine, but not the INDICATOR LIST.

I just tried it and mine works fine. How much ram are you running? 512 is not enough - increase to 1 gig ram if you are running only 512.

Dave

maybe

Hi Money Duck

What kind of indicators do you have on the chart?

There may be a problem with the indicator that you have there,sg like this happened to me, but only when I put an indicator on the chart.

The problem is when you restart your MT4, it is still on the chart...soo, what you may try, to switch off the program, remove all the custom indicators from the MT4 folder, to another location, and restart it.

Close the chart, close the program, put back all your indicators into the required folder, and restart MT4 once again.

Now it should work fine, without any indys in the chart.

Put them on the chart one by one, and you will see which one is causing troble (you may have to do the above process again)

BTW, if you are using an offline MT4 for backtesting, there might be a problem with the missing TF data...if not disregard this last sentence.

Laszlo

ppplaci:
Hi Money Duck

What kind of indicators do you have on the chart?

There may be a problem with the indicator that you have there,sg like this happened to me, but only when I put an indicator on the chart.

The problem is when you restart your MT4, it is still on the chart...soo, what you may try, to switch off the program, remove all the custom indicators from the MT4 folder, to another location, and restart it.

Close the chart, close the program, put back all your indicators into the required folder, and restart MT4 once again.

Now it should work fine, without any indys in the chart.

Put them on the chart one by one, and you will see which one is causing troble (you may have to do the above process again)

BTW, if you are using an offline MT4 for backtesting, there might be a problem with the missing TF data...if not disregard this last sentence.

Laszlo

Thanks for the replies.

I had to do what you mentioned before and it worked, but I was just wondering if there was an easier way to figure it out.

Reason: