How to become rich in FOREX trading? Instead of getting by?

Ok. This is not spam. I've been working on EA for years, in the end I had no choice but to burn it down to my finger and do my own trading in order to make profit. Some of those very successful programmer out there, I've seen almost half of them bailed and other half simply because they're running a scam business by selling scalping EA that taking fracture spreads that can't even be executed on a live account.

I've read some books regarding financial services, fund management and also 1 of the most amazing HEDGEHOGGING by Barton Biggs. I've posses the technical skill and trading strategy. Someone even offered me a small account to managed on behalf few years back. I only managed to made 10% of profit for them in few weeks time, but they changed password and pulled out.

I dare not say my trading return is lucrative, but the P&L is pretty consistent. I'm making about 200% since 2010 September, 2 years sharp. No magic playing. All pure technical trading. I'm not even bothered by the news announcement as most of the news react on my trade positively(if there's running trades, the news will mostly favor my bet).

Here's the question, with $1000 starting capital, after 2 years, I have $3000 in the account. If I withdraw that monty, within a month they're vanished, and I'll have to work very hard to get it back up to $3000 again. To begin with $10,000.00. After 2 years, I have $30,000.00 in the account, what should I do? I can't even buy a low cost apartment with that amount of "wealth". How does 1 start trading with million dollars? I believe my skill aren't any bad compare to them.

davidke20:
Ok. This is not spam. I've been working on EA for years, in the end I had no choice but to burn it down to my finger and do my own trading in order to make profit. Some of those very successful programmer out there, I've seen almost half of them bailed and other half simply because they're running a scam business by selling scalping EA that taking fracture spreads that can't even be executed on a live account.

I've read some books regarding financial services, fund management and also 1 of the most amazing HEDGEHOGGING by Barton Biggs. I've posses the technical skill and trading strategy. Someone even offered me a small account to managed on behalf few years back. I only managed to made 10% of profit for them in few weeks time, but they changed password and pulled out.

I dare not say my trading return is lucrative, but the P&L is pretty consistent. I'm making about 200% since 2010 September, 2 years sharp. No magic playing. All pure technical trading. I'm not even bothered by the news announcement as most of the news react on my trade positively(if there's running trades, the news will mostly favor my bet).

Here's the question, with $1000 starting capital, after 2 years, I have $3000 in the account. If I withdraw that monty, within a month they're vanished, and I'll have to work very hard to get it back up to $3000 again. To begin with $10,000.00. After 2 years, I have $30,000.00 in the account, what should I do? I can't even buy a low cost apartment with that amount of "wealth". How does 1 start trading with million dollars? I believe my skill aren't any bad compare to them.

I got a question, I never tried to make an EA because I don't have an idea and I am just new here for only months. How hard is it to make your own EA?

You can start from here for more information on that : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173136

april:
I got a question, I never tried to make an EA because I don't have an idea and I am just new here for only months. How hard is it to make your own EA?

What requirements are needed for successful EAs?

sanfo:
What requirements are needed for successful EAs?

Most Forex EAs will claim to work for people at all levels, but a system that only makes a couple of trades a week is not going to make you much money on a micro trading account unless you take huge risks, so that’s why the number of trades can be important.

april:
Most Forex EAs will claim to work for people at all levels, but a system that only makes a couple of trades a week is not going to make you much money on a micro trading account unless you take huge risks, so that’s why the number of trades can be important.

so a good EA shall be used for a certain account of enough balance and the number of trades shall be limit to a certain range.

I think the market trend is also important for EA too

There are many ways to play with automated trading system(expert advisor we called in MT4).

1) Accuracy, to make more profitable trades with huge stop loss. Consecutive loss must not occur in this EA, otherwise account balance will go negative. Generally, with small take profit VS big stop loss, accuracy will improve a lot, just matter of the big stop loss, how frequent does it happened?

2) Betting game, goes martingale. Loss a trade, go the other side, double the lot size. In short, die faster.

3) Cost averaging, instead of betting it all, cost averaging will leave the loss open. When there is opportunity, we issue another trade in the hope the new trade will offset the previous loss, once the overall account equity is more than account balance, we close all trades and start over again. Very profitable, and die slower. It's not don't die, but slower.

4) An EA with sound strategy, trade according to rules. The entire designed was meant for accuracy, yet risk reward ratio must be balanced. Meaning the trades opened by the EA must have a sound entry, in the hope to hit big profit, and the system will always limit its losses/mistake.

5) So to speak AI trading.... (*it's supposed to be an EA programmed with human intelligent, will make decision based on fact and current market sentiment, what Obama said on the next NFP). Robot is robot, it will not think. Whatever logical "thinking" a human programmed it in, it doesn't trigger correctly with "emotion". Even I heard emotionless trading, without the emotion, will you learn? I don't think so.

So, which is yours?

That's why I don't trade with robots.

* Ask ND. If you manage to replicate his trading with a robot, we all be rich very soon.....

guys, i'm new here - so the first question is what does EA mean?

freddy-x:
guys, i'm new here - so the first question is what does EA mean?

an EA is an automated software for you trading platform that enters and exits a trades based on what u programmed it to do.

There are hundreds of experts in mql4 official site but I have hardly seen a properly coded expert.A good expert should include:

1-Money managment features

2-Risk managment features

3-Execution managment features

There are also some advanced features like probability distribution analysis that should be included.

Reason: