Something interesting, old thread - page 85

on my own:
Why are there no new posts in their code base? What is going on there with code?

Multiple reasons

The main : the way how metaquotes handles things in the last year or two

Hi mladen,

Could you please help me convert this indicator into MT5?

Thanks

kuskus_starlightv2.mq4

Files:

CCI arrows for metatrader 5 cci_arrows.mq5

Files:

Polynomial regression for metatrader 5

regression_polinomial.zip

Files:

I dont know if there is Overlay indicator coded for MT5 but here is MT4 version. Only thing to be added to both MT4 and MT5 version is to have ability to change Overlaying chart presented as bar chart ...currently that is of course possible only for Overlayed chart (main chart). Hope this request/suggestion will not offend anyone....Most importantly Mladen will help us with code...

Files:

Hello all, I'm just new with MT5, didn't dig much into it before. Can anyone quickly explain why MT5 does not handle MTF ? Or point to a link with explanation ? Thanks a lot. Regards.

airquest:
Hello all, I'm just new with MT5, didn't dig much into it before. Can anyone quickly explain why MT5 does not handle MTF ? Or point to a link with explanation ? Thanks a lot. Regards.

airquest

You can handle multi time frame in metatrader 5 too but be prepared to all kinds of odd things. First, you will have to write some own procedures/functions (since for years the are not working properly in metatrader 5 - like checking the time) and then you will have to get used to errors like "invalid time frame" on one tick and then miraculously it will be OK on next tick (while the time frame parameter have never been changed) ... not something to look forward if you are planing multi time frame in metatrader 5

Or thing like the one that is happening today to me : when I try to start metatrader 5 it freezes my PC (it worked till yesterday)

mladen:
airquest

You can handle multi time frame in metatrader 5 too but be prepared to all kinds of odd things. First, you will have to write some own procedures/functions (since for years the are not working properly in metatrader 5 - like checking the time) and then you will have to get used to errors like "invalid time frame" on one tick and then miraculously it will be OK on next tick (while the time frame parameter have never been changed) ... not something to look forward if you are planing multi time frame in metatrader 5

Or thing like the one that is happening today to me : when I try to start metatrader 5 it freezes my PC (it worked till yesterday)

Thanks Mladen, I laughed a lot at you wrote. MQ amateurism amazes me... do you by chance have an example of a "somehow" (sometimes) working one ? even in elite section. Thank you.

airquest:
Thanks Mladen, I laughed a lot at you wrote. MQ amateurism amazes me... do you by chance have an example of a "somehow" (sometimes) working one ? even in elite section. Thank you.

airquest

There are quite a few multi time frame versions for metatrader 5 at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180596

mladen

this indicator works but if on multiple charts freeze MT5 and computer...can you look code and correct to work properly, please?

Files:
cash_flow.mq5  6 kb
Reason: