Something interesting, old thread - page 86

mima:
mladen this indicator works but if on multiple charts freeze MT5 and computer...can you look code and correct to work properly, please?

I tested it on two charts and it did not cause that kind of problems to me (see the example). My metatrader 5 build is 975

Files:
cash_flow.gif  100 kb

mladen:
I tested it on two charts and it did not cause that kind of problems to me (see the example). My metatrader 5 build is 975

Mladen , thank you so much for reply...Indicator is working ,regarding the freezing maybe it is not noticeable on one or two charts... I have 16 charts (just two indicators on it : BetterVolumeCharts.mql5 ,posted on this thread as well, and this CASH_FLOW indicator)...It start to freeze MT5 about 7-8 charts ..around 10-12 charts with this indicator freeze computer as well...then I have to reboot computer ...delete whole portfolio with chats that have this indicator ...and/or any charts with this indicator...then all is back to normal...

There is no other problem with any mt5 indicator that I have ( 3 of them I got from you) regardless on how many charts I put it...

I tried it on two different computers and with two different OS...same thing this indicator freeze MT5 and computers...Without it all is good....

In addition this indicator , CASH_FLOW.mgl4, for MT4 works perfectly good regardless on how many charts I place it, stand alone or with other indicators.

I asked in mql5.com forum and guy said:

"So what ?

This indicator is working, but is very poorly coded. If you place it on 1 chart it's unnoticeable, if you place it on 10 charts it freeze your computer.

You have to fix the code or ask someone to do it for you."

So it is problem in code that takes all CPU...I think it is not complex indicator just it is doing something unnecessary...

Thank you for your time....

mima:
Mladen , thank you so much for reply...Indicator is working ,regarding the freezing maybe it is not noticeable on one or two charts... I have 16 charts (just two indicators on it : BetterVolumeCharts.mql5 ,posted on this thread as well, and this CASH_FLOW indicator)...It start to freeze MT5 about 7-8 charts ..around 10-12 charts with this indicator freeze computer as well...then I have to reboot computer ...delete whole portfolio with chats that have this indicator ...and/or any charts with this indicator...then all is back to normal...

There is no other problem with any mt5 indicator that I have ( 3 of them I got from you) regardless on how many charts I put it...

I tried it on two different computers and with two different OS...same thing this indicator freeze MT5 and computers...Without it all is good....

In addition this indicator , CASH_FLOW.mgl4, for MT4 works perfectly good regardless on how many charts I place it, stand alone or with other indicators.

I asked in mql5.com forum and guy said:

"So what ?

This indicator is working, but is very poorly coded. If you place it on 1 chart it's unnoticeable, if you place it on 10 charts it freeze your computer.

You have to fix the code or ask someone to do it for you."

So it is problem in code that takes all CPU...I think it is not complex indicator just it is doing something unnecessary...

Thank you for your time....

I am guessing who is the one that told that about that code, and this is the only time I agree with him. Someone have tried to convert it the metatrader 4 way into metatrader 5 code which was never a good idea. But I do not think that it is the cause for your problems.

Metatrader 5 code execution was always slower than metatrader 4 and what I have noticed that latest builds of metatrader 5 are extremely unstable - I even had a case with one indicator (correctly coded) on one single chart opened in terminal and when I have started the metatrader 5 terminal it froze my PC. If we take into account that metatrader 5 is a raw model for new metatrader 4 than a lot of things will become clearer why new metatrader 4 is in a state it is right now

mladen:
I am guessing who is the one that told that about that code, and this is the only time I agree with him. ....

Well, Cannot complain because I have to beg for help. Put on whatever way you want: Since you agree that is poorly coded please correct it so it can work without freezing my computer...or you convert it from Mt4 (CASH_FLOW.mql4 ) or in existing MT5 indicator Better Volume BarCharts add conditions:

if (spd1 > spd2 and if (v1 < v2)

on red and white bars ...to draw arrows and give alerts when arrows and white and red bars match ( up arrow on red bar or down arrow on white bar)=>Better Volume BarCharts.mql5

Please help me somehow..

mima:
Well, Cannot complain because I have to beg for help. Put on whatever way you want: Since you agree that is poorly coded please correct it so it can work without freezing my computer...or you convert it from Mt4 (CASH_FLOW.mql4 ) or in existing MT5 indicator Better Volume BarCharts add conditions:

if (spd1 > spd2 and if (v1 < v2)

on red and white bars ...to draw arrows and give alerts when arrows and white and red bars match ( up arrow on red bar or down arrow on white bar)=>Better Volume BarCharts.mql5

Please help me somehow..

mima

Seems that you read just one part of my answer

Whatever indicator(s) you use, if you open 10-12 charts with metatrader 5 you are going to have problems. For gods sake, metatrader 5 is not even capable of detecting in some cases that you want to change time frame or symbol (that the execution of indicator should be automatically stopped) but coders have to check it in the loop of the indicator calculation. It is like having a car but not having a break. And frequently in those cases metatrader 5 simply freezes

I did not find any reason to migrate to metatrader 5 (not even the bugs in new metatrader 4 made me do so) but then, that is my opinion based on what I have seen and tested for a couple of months on a demo account. Nothing that would bring some new quality (except for the nicer looks of some objects - but I do not trade nicer looks)

checkin:
I did not find any reason to migrate to metatrader 5 (not even the bugs in new metatrader 4 made me do so) but then, that is my opinion based on what I have seen and tested for a couple of months on a demo account. Nothing that would bring some new quality (except for the nicer looks of some objects - but I do not trade nicer looks)

For me only reason for MT5 are time frames...All indicators (very few ) I have in MT4.

mladen:
mima

Seems that you read just one part of my answer

Whatever indicator(s) you use, if you open 10-12 charts with metatrader 5 you are going to have problems. For gods sake, metatrader 5 is not even capable of detecting in some cases that you want to change time frame or symbol (that the execution of indicator should be automatically stopped) but coders have to check it in the loop of the indicator calculation. It is like having a car but not having a break. And frequently in those cases metatrader 5 simply freezes

Mladen, I read everything....I still depend on your willingness to fix code.

With this I will end my begging...hope you will change your mind...

mima:
Mladen, I read everything....I still depend on your willingness to fix code. With this I will end my begging...hope you will change your mind...

Why do you depend on my "willingness to fix code"? Aren't there any more coders?

That indicator is not about fixing but writing a new indicator. Bit since frankly I doubt in any usefulness of ticks used as volumes, sorry ... someone else should write it

regards

Does anyone have the Indicator beginner + Alert for MQ5 ?

Thx for answer

Reason: