Something interesting, old thread - page 18

thanks,

but it's only me or c++ is a bit contorted

mladen:
1. translated to talking language : if rsi < min, min equals rsi else equals (remains) min

Once you get to know it you start to like it. It gets under your skin quickly

dr.house7:
thanks, but it's only me or c++ is a bit contorted

Ideal ZigZag ...

A versions of ideal ZigZag coded by TheXpert

It is using a minimal distance in points from peak to peak instead (it does not work as a classical ZigZag that metatrader 5 has)

Files:
idealzz.mq5  8 kb
idealzzp.mq5  8 kb
5_ideal_zz.png  63 kb

Coppock ...

A version of Coppock curve converted for metatrader by earnforex :

Files:
5_coppock.png  57 kb
coppock.mq5  5 kb

very disappointed...

it's incredible for me, I cannot backtest an indicator using mt5.

In the past I used the (absurd) trick of call an ea with the same name of a model...but now it doesn't work at all.

Worse than this is unthinkable for me!!!

Doc

I tried it now and it works as before for me. So all I did is save the template under the same name as the EA I tested and when I started with "Visualization" checked it worked.

What Build of mt5 you are using? Mine is 674

dr.house7:

it's incredible for me, I cannot backtest an indicator using mt5.

In the past I used the (absurd) trick of call an ea with the same name of a model...but now it doesn't work at all.

Worse than this is unthinkable for me!!!

very strange mine is 655, how is it possible?

mt5 doesn't automatically update? (i'm using activtrades ecn)

mladen:
Doc

I tried it now and it works as before for me. So all I did is save the template under the same name as the EA I tested and when I started with "Visualization" checked it worked.

What Build of mt5 you are using? Mine is 674

It seems so. I am using it on their metaquotes demo account (not on an actual broker)

dr.house7:
very strange mine is 655, how is it possible? mt5 doesn't automatically update? (i'm using activtrades ecn)

ok, I did download the platform from metaquotes, and it was at 655 than it started the update to 674, so now I have your same version...but why, if I attach a BB to the chart, this is not visible during the backtest?

why only some indys are visible (on tick mode)?

mladen:
It seems so. I am using it on their metaquotes demo account (not on an actual broker)
Files:
capture-1.zip  1136 kb

Doc

You are right. Tested some setups in a all tick mode, and it is anything but perfect. Sometimes I see some indicators, sometimes I don't. Sometimes indicators are refreshed as the should, sometimes they are not. It seems that the shorter the tested time frame the bigger the problems are.

1 minute ohlc bar mode works, but with tick mode there is definitively some big problems (bugs)

dr.house7:
ok, I did download the platform from metaquotes, and it was at 655 than it started the update to 674, so now I have your same version...but why, if I attach a BB to the chart, this is not visible during the backtest? why only some indys are visible (on tick mode)?
Reason: