Metatrader known bugs ... - page 79

Usual stuff from mt : to make our life interesting, some functions are returning random results ...

Details matter!

BE SPECIFIC!

Posts that give no details are almost useless to the rest of us. Made-up example: "Colors do not work right."

Few of us are master MT coders that do little else.

So posts that give enough details to re-create the problem are much better.

The best are posts that also include a work-around.

Examples: Posts 788, 786, 775

Big Be

Specific for new metatrader 4 :

If you want indicator name to be omitted (not displayed) IndicatorShortName("") will not leave the name of the indicator empty (it will display the indicator file name). You must use IndicatorShortName(NULL) and it will work asIndicatorShortName("")used to work

mladen,

Good one to know!

Big Be

If someone has this problem, found it's description :

For new version build 777, if a ex4 name is not english letters ( or the MT4 directory has another Unicode ), the ex4 can't be Attach to a chart!! For example: If we rename ATR.ex4 to ATR - 副本.ex4 or ATR - αβγ.ex4, it can't be Attach to a chart!!

Somehow the brokers or MetaQuotes must do behind the scenes updates I say this because I have several trading tools I have used on build 765 with no issues until today and now I get array out of range issues, I am still using build 765 and this is on my live account, I have 2 other demo accounts with a different broker and they are also build 765 and there are no issues with the same trading tools on those two platforms. Of course it compiles with no issues????

Still not a single word of build 777 or 778. very "professional"

techmac:
Still not a single word of build 777 or 778. very "professional"

If they allow talking about it then they will have to allow questions too. And that is not what mt likes

checkin:
If they allow talking about it then they will have to allow questions too. And that is not what mt likes

What I do not like is a lack of information what ids done and what works differently. This way it is a mess - we have to guess all

Looks like in the offline charts, if the name of the offline chart symbol is not known to broker, it does not accept the digits correctly (instead of 5 digits, it displays on chart 4 digits, and so on). As soon as the name is set to an existing symbol name, the digits are set correctly

Checked and the digits field is set correctly, but the terminal does not display it correctly

Reason: