Metatrader known bugs ... - page 73

mladen:
This :
int oninit() { Comment("I am initilized"); return(0); }

int ondeinit() { return(0); }

void OnTick()

{

}
will compile with no error and no warnings, and it will not work as it should (the oninit() will never be called, if you change it to OnInit() it will work)

But it is correct behaviour, isn't it?

Ovo:
But it is correct behaviour, isn't it?

Ovo

I have changed the original post in the mean time (while you were writing your message with some additional explanation). Yes, that is a correct behavior but can cause a lot of problems.

What I do not understand at all is why init() was not made as one of the OnInit() overloads and that would have save a lot of bug fixing

mladen:
Ovo

I have changed the original post in the mean time (while you were writing your message with some additional explanation). Yes, that is a correct behavior but can cause a lot of problems.

What I do not understand at all is why init() was not made as one of the OnInit() overloads and that would have save a lot of bug fixing

No problem, I understand what you mean, just it is common problem with any programming language.

From my point of view they made ill decision when they melt two script into a single hybrid, and allowed too many duplicates.

The worse is that documentation never tells you what can be used from metatrader 5 only : a complete m,mess

In the new build (745) whenever I open the navigator it always expands my accounts (completely ignores the state when it was closed). Previous builds worked OK

techmac:
In the new build (745) whenever I open the navigator it always expands my accounts (completely ignores the state when it was closed). Previous builds worked OK

That is a lesser problem

They stopped completely correcting reported bugs - according to metquotes metatrader is perfect now

build 749 : works wrong with some classes (built in classes). Again they did not test what did they make

checkin:
build 749 : works wrong with some classes (built in classes). Again they did not test what did they make

Do you mean the default "include" folder content? (because I do not think there are any build-in classes)

I never ever tried to use any of those files, as they may "update" unexpectedly. They are out of user's control and you never know if it spoils your product one day.

Ovo:
Do you mean the default "include" folder content? (because I do not think there are any build-in classes) I never ever tried to use any of those files, as they may "update" unexpectedly. They are out of user's control and you never know if it spoils your product one day.

Yes, those (the include files coming with metatrader).

The usual case : what worked does not work any more

Even when the symbol name of the offline chart is a "legal" (existing) symbol name, and if the ask price is bellow "close" of the offline chart, close is used as bid and ask line is not displayed at all (even though it is displayed in the tick chart of market watch and order dialog boxes for such offline chart)

Reason: