Metatrader known bugs ... - page 51

Nothing unusual - since they made this new metatrader a lot of things do not work the way they are supposed to work

Alignment in edit objects does not work correctly

checkin:
Alignment in edit objects does not work correctly

I find it really odd coming from an experience Mega Company to mess-up things...

It is like they do not have enough manpower with experience and competence do deal with this kind of issues... It is destroying their credibility

Or does it have to do with something else ????

12BPRO:
I find it really odd coming from an experience Mega Company to mess-up things...

It is like they do not have enough manpower with experience and competence do deal with this kind of issues... It is destroying their credibility

Or does it have to do with something else ????

That is not a mega company - now they proved that to all of us : mega companies would have already killed not fired coders or coding team that clean a bug and then the bug reapers and make worse and worse build with each new build. But here they are and their moderators are giving advices like "don't use a function if it does not work" which only shows that metatrader is a company of cheap labor pretending to know something

checkin:
That is not a mega company - now they proved that to all of us : mega companies would have already killed not fired coders or coding team that clean a bug and then the bug reapers and make worse and worse build with each new build. But here they are and their moderators are giving advices like "don't use a function if it does not work" which only shows that metatrader is a company of cheap labor pretending to know something

That is the whole point... is falling apart

1) object

2) backtester

3) Time ect....

I read somewhere (quoted by SIR MLADEN - if I am not mistaken) that we have only 3 choices of getting a value from an indicator...

1) iCustom

2) Object

3) GlobalVariable

The thing with Object is, if someone with the knowledge and programming background could used Object as a trading strategy... (my opinion)....

With all this problem would not do much harm for those who has programming background... they could find out and confirm (do the testing) that it is simply not working... BUT for some of use that are still in BASIC... we would not know!!!!

There were times when there were a couple of bugs, but they were known and coders could code.

Now the number of bugs is so big that coders first think a long, long time before starting to do anything serious using this "coding language". If that is on purpose? If it is, then that is the stupidest thing any trading platform company that has coding language have ever done

mladen:
There were times when there were a couple of bugs, but they were known and coders could code. Now the number of bugs is so big that coders first think a long, long time before starting to do anything serious using this "coding language". If that is on purpose? If it is, then that is the stupidest thing any trading platform company that has coding language have ever done

Dear SIR MLADEN,

I feel that as if they are limiting our option to choose.... and in turn limiting our trade strategy........

We have NO other choice in getting a value from an indicator... there is only One(1) left... that is still reliable for now...!!!

It is like " take it OR leave it" scenario......... ...

yours truly

AZRUL...

Seems some new bugs with offline charts on build 670

What I don't understand is how the hell they update - people are claiming that offline on that same 670 worked OK

checkin:
Seems some new bugs with offline charts on build 670 What I don't understand is how the hell they update - people are claiming that offline on that same 670 worked OK

Offline charts were never working properly in metatrader 4 (not even with old builds)

For example : in the old builds, when the number of bars in the file reached the max number of bars on chart, indicators started to lag. Metatrader 4 offline charts were never bug free (for years and years) and I do not believe that they will ever make a bug free offline charts

mladen:
Offline charts were never working properly in metatrader 4 (not even with old builds) For example : in the old builds, when the number of bars in the file reached the max number of bars on chart, indicators started to lag. Metatrader 4 offline charts were never bug free (for years and years) and I do not believe that they will ever make a bug free offline charts

Yes, but now we have even worse case : we can not trust the metatrader as trading platform at all. I am starting ti thing that runtime errors are not reported any more in order to keep us thinking that all is OK

Reason: