EA not function

Why does an EA not always work the way they should?

Are there builders who build EA's which always work? I have a simple EA(crossing MA's) which is been build 2 times by 2 different builders but both does not work always the way they should...

adwin69: Why does an EA not always work the way they should?

Because an EA is only as good as the code made by the programmer! There is an old programming principal called GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) that can apply here.

However, if you are asking why it is not profitable, then that has more to do with the Markets than the strategy coded in the EA.

EDIT: If you are referring to "code generators/builders" and not human coders, then they are the worst and those should be classified as guaranteed GIGO!

Fernando Carreiro:

Because an EA is only as good as the code made by the programmer! There is an old programming principal called GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) that can apply here.

However, if you are asking why it is not profitable, then that has more to do with the Markets than the strategy coded in the EA.

EDIT: If you are referring to "code generators/builders" and not human coders, then they are the worst and those should be classified as guaranteed GIGO!

The EA does not open or close positions when it should......most of the time it happens, sometimes not....yesterday it dit not open or close 6 positions....so that is costing me money..

adwin69: The EA does not open or close positions when it should...so that is costing me money..

So it is broken, fix it.

adwin69: The EA does not open or close positions when it should......most of the time it happens, sometimes not....yesterday it dit not open or close 6 positions....so that is costing me money..
  • If you used a "code generator", then don't use them, because most of the time they don't work properly due to the many bugs.
  • If it was coded by "humans coders", then make them fix the code, and in future make sure to use coders that offer good quality and that guarantee support for a decent time after the fact. Don't use "cheap" coders that don't know what they are doing.
  • Alternatively, consider learning to code yourself!
Reason: