Metatrader known bugs ... - page 35

MarketInfo SPREAD is NOT ever the same as MarketInfo ASK-BID!

I was curious if there was ever any differences so I coded a third buffer into mladens tester and I got a surprise!

It is the white line inside the green line. (If you know a better way to show all three values, do it.) When I first did it the graph went weird. So I looked at the values and MODE_SPREAD gives the value in whole points, like 22. The MarketInfo ASK-BID gives the number in decimals, like .00022. If you look at the code, you will see I multiplied the spread value by 'Point', to get them to scale the same.

I don't know if I just missed this fact before or if it is a new 'feature'.

I have build 646 from FXDD.

mladen,

What does this line do, and how?

if (bars==Bars)

And this?

{ for (int i=Bars-1; i>0; i--) { real = real; mkt = mkt; }}

Big Be

The B version offsets the white line:

_test_spread_from_ask_and_bid_v2.mq4

_test_spread_from_ask_and_bid_v2.1b.mq4

Big Be:
MarketInfo SPREAD is NOT ever the same as MarketInfo ASK-BID!

I was curious if there was ever any differences so I coded a third buffer into mladens tester and I got a surprise!

It is the white line inside the green line. (If you know a better way to show all three values, do it.) When I first did it the graph went weird. So I looked at the values and MODE_SPREAD gives the value in whole points, like 22. The MarketInfo ASK-BID gives the number in decimals, like .00022. If you look at the code, you will see I multiplied the spread value by 'Point', to get them to scale the same.

I don't know if I just missed this fact before or if it is a new 'feature'. I have build 646 from FXDD.

mladen,

What does this line do, and how?

if (bars==Bars)

And this?

{ for (int i=Bars-1; i>0; i--) { real = real; mkt = mkt; }}

Big Be

The B version offsets the white line:

_test_spread_from_ask_and_bid_v2.mq4

_test_spread_from_ask_and_bid_v2.1b.mq4

Big Be

if (bars==Bars) is checking if the number of bars is still the same (metatrader did not insert a new bar) in which case the code has to copy each value (shift it) by one to the left (since it is recording spread tick by tick, not bar by bar).

That shifting is done by that second part of the code, but only if a new bar is not formed (if a new bar has been added but metatrader, that shifting to the left is already done by metatradre so there is no need to do it). If we did not check if the number of bars did not change, we would have one empy value at each tick when the new bar has been formed

yet another reason to say %^^$ metaquotes. This past year or more they have caused me nothing but headaches and repeated work. I am done with that and with the closing of FXDD it makes me wonder what is really going on behind closed doors. I am going back to mathematical programming and research

mladen,

Thank you!

Big Be

When I open a mq4 from the web and then want to save it, it tells me that it already exists (I have never been asked to save it). Or it tells, if I decide to download it again, that "the file already exists, do I want to overwrite it". I have never told it to write anything to disk. New metatrader does not know to work with files in memory (it looks like it knows to work only with files on disk and that is why the bloody thing saves all the files before compiling just the current file)

checkin:
When I open a mq4 from the web and then want to save it, it tells me that it already exists (I have never been asked to save it). Or it tells, if I decide to download it again, that "the file already exists, do I want to overwrite it". I have never told it to write anything to disk. New metatrader does not know to work with files in memory (it looks like it knows to work only with files on disk and that is why the bloody thing saves all the files before compiling just the current file)

It does that to me sometimes

Then I have to restart the metatrader and then it stops. I don't know til now exactly when does it do

nbtrading:
It does that to me sometimes Then I have to restart the metatrader and then it stops. I don't know til now exactly when does it do

It happens when you open a source code from a packed file (zip, rar, ....)

Why does it happen : I think not even metatrader people know

A bug that so far nobody got any answer to :

All you can do is watch indicators and use them with default settings - there is not OK button nor Cancel

All questions regarding this subject were ignored or were answered with some nonsense answer that had nothing to do with what is visible on the picture. They do not know what us going on

Files:
screenshot_1.jpg  115 kb

checkin:
A bug that so far nobody got any answer to :

All you can do is watch indicators and use them with default settings - there is not OK button nor Cancel

All questions regarding this subject were ignored or were answered with some nonsense answer that had nothing to do with what is visible on the picture. They do not know what us going on

Unfortunately you are correct

Some users are having that problem and so far all their questions about that issue are ignored

Not a bug bu a change in how metatrader works :

If you used 0 instead of NULL when calling indicators before they were working. Now they are not going to work. Use NULL (in example like this iRSI(0,0,RSIPeriod,RSIPrice,I) this will not work but this iRSI(NULL,0,RSIPeriod,RSIPrice,I) will work)

Bug is in the compiler : compiler does not issue any warning at all, neither does the terminal raise any run time error

Reason: