Cross of TEMA and NONLagMA EA - page 2

order close error 138

Hi Unclepips,

I am getting an order close error with the current version when I run a back test. Not sure if coding needs any modification though?

Cheers,

NB

N.Bangalore:
Hi Unclepips,

I am getting an order close error with the current version when I run a back test. Not sure if coding needs any modification though?

Cheers,

NB

Sorry, not a fan of back-testing. I've seen profitable EA's not succeed in back-testing. I have also seen back tests not match the same trades an EA had taken in it's history. The intention was not to create something that amazes you with a spectacular back-test report.

If anyone wants to change it to work better on back-testing, please do so, I am more interested in working on this by adding functionality and forward testing.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, its not intended.

As for the Hybrid version, I will post results when it has run for a few weeks.

re-order function error

Hi Unclepips,

I found that it gives this error for 5 digit broker only. I am wondering if you could make EA compatible for 5 digit please so I could forward-test it for some time.

Cheers,

NB.

N.Bangalore:
Hi Unclepips,

I found that it gives this error for 5 digit broker only. I am wondering if you could make EA compatible for 5 digit please so I could forward-test it for some time.

Cheers,

NB.

Could you please tell me what 5 digit broker you are having problems with? I am using FinFX for periodic testing, and have had no problems.

See Attachement!

Files:
finfx.jpg  326 kb

report on 138 error issue

Hi Unclepips,

I am getting this error

" 2011.01.15 12:32:14 2010.10.29 13:33 Cross NonLag-Tema V1.1 EURUSD,H4: Order-Close error 138" with VantageFx. He is a 5 digit broker. Not sure if it is lack of download data history i n this case. I have however been using this demo account for over 2-3 months now.

So you mean to say it can be applied to digit too without any changes at all which sounds cool.

From the chart you have posted I see a sell entry position before the TEMA really crosses below the nonlagMA.(left upper chart entry) Is that normal?

Do you mind mentioning which are the most profitable pairs which you have used it on please?

Thanks again,

NB.

oops sorry for the entry position clarification. looks good.

Hi Unclepips,

Entry is below the nlma. looks good. sorry for the booboo. .My other question still stands.

N.Bangalore:
Hi Unclepips,

Do you mind mentioning which are the most profitable pairs which you have used it on please?

Thanks again,

NB.

EURUSD seems the best so far...but any pair that seems to have a good divergence of the two indicators should be a good candidate. All I can say is "Test and Report".

Hey Uncle Pips, I was wondering how your hybrid EA was going? I had a question. I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me build an EA similiar to yours. Except this one requires a SSA filter to filter out the correct entries to take. PM me if your interested.

i could help you do the ea

hy if u want i will make or at least try do to ur ea;))

ismael360:
Hey Uncle Pips, I was wondering how your hybrid EA was going? I had a question. I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me build an EA similiar to yours. Except this one requires a SSA filter to filter out the correct entries to take. PM me if your interested.

PM Sent.....contact info in message.

Reason: