Cross of TEMA and NONLagMA EA - page 3

unclepips:
Sorry, not a fan of back-testing. I've seen profitable EA's not succeed in back-testing. I have also seen back tests not match the same trades an EA had taken in it's history. The intention was not to create something that amazes you with a spectacular back-test report.

If anyone wants to change it to work better on back-testing, please do so, I am more interested in working on this by adding functionality and forward testing.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, its not intended.

As for the Hybrid version, I will post results when it has run for a few weeks.

Good point, and well said. If EAs did what backtesting said, i'd be a millionaire by now.

SSA Added

ismael360:
Hey Uncle Pips, I was wondering how your hybrid EA was going? I had a question. I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me build an EA similiar to yours. Except this one requires a SSA filter to filter out the correct entries to take. PM me if your interested.

Here is a start of what you asked for.

It contains two values, SSABuyLimit and SSASellLimit.

If the SSAValue is above SSABuyLimit, it willl be able to buy, as long as the other criteria are met.

If the SSAValue is below the SSASellLimit, it will sell, as long as the other criteria are met.

Also changed the drawdown value to include commision and swap values.

Let me know how it works for ya.

PS: remember that the #_FullSSA_normalize goes in the indicators folder, and SSA goes in the experts\libraries folder.

New Follower

Hello,

I just installed the Cross NonLag-Tema V1.1. In the prior postings, the only time frame mentioned was 4H. Has anyone tried using it on shorter time frames. Also is the SSA version "better" than V1.1?

Tzuman:
Hello, I just installed the Cross NonLag-Tema V1.1. In the prior postings, the only time frame mentioned was 4H. Has anyone tried using it on shorter time frames. Also is the SSA version "better" than V1.1?

Sorry it took so long to respond.

The reason for the H4 is to verify the readings from the indicators, particularly Nonlag MA, and SSA in the newer version.

Feel free to try shorter time frames and post your results here so we can learn.

As for the SSA version being better? I would just say that it gives you a little more control on how the EA enters and exits its trades. Think of it as a filter, more then a sign.

This goes in Libraries folder. For that particular SSA.

Files:
ssa.ex4  16 kb
ssa.mq4  13 kb

Unclepips could you make one with this Xard SSA indicator please. I find that it works better on the higher time frames. Ive manualy tested it with your cross for a few weeks now and it has had great results. Especially the Eur/Usd 4hr.

Also sometimes your cross is slightly faster then the SSA so is it possible to have an option to take trades when the cross has happened then a SSA cross (0) a few (1-4) candles later?

Also can we get a trailing stop setup with it?

Files:

ismael360:
Unclepips could you make one with this Xard SSA indicator please. I find that it works better on the higher time frames. Ive manualy tested it with your cross for a few weeks now and it has had great results. Especially the Eur/Usd 4hr.

Also sometimes your cross is slightly faster then the SSA so is it possible to have an option to take trades when the cross has happened then a SSA cross (0) a few (1-4) candles later?

Also can we get a trailing stop setup with it?

Are you asking to take two different trades? One on the TEMA\NONLag cross, and one again when the SSA crosses later? Or are you asking to take the trade as soon as the SSA crosses after the TEMA\NONLag has happened?

It would be for when the SSA Crosses then TEMA\NONLag cross after, or in some cases cross on the same candle at the same time. So SSA first then TEMA/NONLag. I think this would be the safest way to go for now.

A Trailing stop would be useful for an exit, also if the SSA crosses back the opposite direction over the (0) that's an exit. And of course if the TEMA/NONLag crosses asgainst the current trade that is an exit.

If a trade is exited because of trailing stop, stop loss, or because the TEMA/NONLag crosses against you, then afterwards later the TEMA/NONLag cross for you in the same direction as the SSA is above/below the (0) then that would be a new trade.

Some times the SSA is slightly late but I suppose people could take those manualy if they just look at the SSA indi with it on the chart with the TEMA/NONLag cross. And take those at they own decision. It is the 4hr chart after all and shouldn't be to hard for one to keep up with.

Thanks UnclePips

This should help us keep out of many bad entry's.

Files:

This should get us in many trades that should give us at least 40-50 pips.

Files:
Reason: