Cross of TEMA and NONLagMA EA - page 11

The rules are pretty simple.

You need a cross of Tema and NonLagMA, at the same time the SSA value is above or below the limits you set in the inputs.

(Current Candle) Tema > NonLagMa and (Previous Candle)Tema < NonLagMa and SSA above SSAAboveLimit == buy

(Current Candle) Tema NonLagMa and SSA below SSABelowLimit == sell

EA can make only one trade per cross.

SSA limits are to help filter out issues with repainting.

However, if SSA crosses below 0, open long orders are closed.

if, SSA crosses above 0, open short orders are closed.

CrossDeviation setting - this is used to verify that the current cross of Tema and NonLagMA deviate by at least this amount. (Tema + CrossDeviation > NonLagMA for buy, Tema < NonLagMA + CrossDeviation).

USESSA = turn this off if you do not want to use SSA to filter trades (for those that believe it's repainting is a problem).

For explanations on other setting, see previous versions.

For gratitude, see sig!

Thank you unclepips

I tested the EA with UseSSA= false and cross deviation = 0.0000

could you explain why the EA did take trade 1 (see 1st arrow) although there is no cross confirmed whereas it did not take trade 2 (see 2nd arrow) although there is a cross confirmed.

Thanks

light-chair:
Thank you unclepips

I tested the EA with UseSSA= false and cross deviation = 0.0000

could you explain why the EA did take trade 1 (see 1st arrow) although there is no cross confirmed whereas it did not take trade 2 (see 2nd arrow) although there is a cross confirmed.

Thanks

This is what happens when you take a manual system and try to make an EA out of it.

The problem you will find is that the last point of NonLagMA is constantly recalculating with each quote. These re calcs can cause problems that do not make sense when reviewed. My guess is the first trade happened because during that first trade, a cross happened during a a quote.

As for the second one, if the cross is strong enough, the actual cross can sometimes happen 2 candles back. Which will make it be missed. That is why we test, code and test. To try to make the system better.

unclepips:
Here is a rar file of all the indis, libraries and V1.4a.

HI unclepips i'm use v1.4A on h4 but the ea appears to be opening and immediately closing orders. look pic .how to solve?

Files:
eu.jpg  22 kb

unclepips

regarding the indicator- #4x 2011 XARD SSA with Alerts

Could you please review the Alert section in the code where a check is made for the SSA crossing the 0 level.

I was watching a 5min chart, when the cross occurred there was no Alert. Then, about 20 mins later, the Alert window opened but the actual cross was 4 or 5 candles in the past.

Thank you.

ismael360

Regarding the charts in post 98--

what is the indicator in the bottom window? Thank you.

Could you please share the Template.

Michael it's the Xard_Rsioma_Alert. it can be found in the Xard thread. Or you can download it from this post.

Files:

Eur/Usd up 132 Pips

Files:
reentry_b.jpg  197 kb

Aus/Usd 68 pips

Files:
aud_usd.jpg  176 kb

Lookin good Ismael. Maybe you can post your settings for everyone else.

Reason: