Cross of TEMA and NONLagMA EA - page 10

this actually looks like a better ea than most on this forum.

Hy guys!

does 4x 2011 xard ssa repaints?

im affraid yes.

ismael360:
Uncle Pips is it possible to make Criteria 2.) first then Criteria 1.) after.

I fear by it being TEMA/NonLag cross then SSA goes below/above the 0 level then it could enter orders in the middle of the move and sometimes even late in the move.

If the EA waits for the SSA to cross 0, after the Tema/NonLag MA has already crossed earlier, before it opens an order then this takes away the best thing about the Tema/NonLag Cross - (It's entry's)

This Tema/NonLag cross has a good ability to get you in at a good starting point, and many times early in the move. We don't want to take away the best thing about the Tema/NonLag cross.

That is why the Tema/NonLag cross must be the trigger. The orders must be opened at the cross. To take full advantage of the Tema/NonLag Cross.

The reason I wanted to use the SSA, is to regulate what orders the Tema/NonLag Cross takes.

By having the Tema/NonLag Cross open only the orders that are on the same side as the SSA, this should give us higher probability trades.

It might not take every trade and it may not take very many trades, it just depends how sensitive you have the SSA settings to. This could be regulated with what poeple decide to set the SSA settings in the EA, per what pair they decide to use it on. And can be customized to their prefference.

P.S. I notice that the SSA Regulator is mainly useful to the Higher Time Frames. So it's great that you have the option to turn it off for other Time Frames.

Thank you Uncle Pips for everything you do hear.

Ish

I strongly support this proposal. For better efficiency, the SSA cross must occur prior to TEMA/Nonlagma cross. Unclepip did you manage to adjust the EA or am I missing something? Many thanks

Hy guys!

does 4x 2011 xard ssa repaints?

im affraid yes.

The SSA rarely repaints or recaculates, but that is why I mostly use int with 4hr(1hr) in this strategy. The more Lag and Period Num you add the less likely it will adjust in the middle of a move on you.

Files:

[Originally Posted by ismael360

Uncle Pips is it possible to make Criteria 2.) first then Criteria 1.) after.

I fear by it being TEMA/NonLag cross then SSA goes below/above the 0 level then it could enter orders in the middle of the move and sometimes even late in the move.

If the EA waits for the SSA to cross 0, after the Tema/NonLag MA has already crossed earlier, before it opens an order then this takes away the best thing about the Tema/NonLag Cross - (It's entry's)

This Tema/NonLag cross has a good ability to get you in at a good starting point, and many times early in the move. We don't want to take away the best thing about the Tema/NonLag cross.

That is why the Tema/NonLag cross must be the trigger. The orders must be opened at the cross. To take full advantage of the Tema/NonLag Cross.

The reason I wanted to use the SSA, is to regulate what orders the Tema/NonLag Cross takes.

By having the Tema/NonLag Cross open only the orders that are on the same side as the SSA, this should give us higher probability trades.

It might not take every trade and it may not take very many trades, it just depends how sensitive you have the SSA settings to. This could be regulated with what poeple decide to set the SSA settings in the EA, per what pair they decide to use it on. And can be customized to their prefference.

P.S. I notice that the SSA Regulator is mainly useful to the Higher Time Frames. So it's great that you have the option to turn it off for other Time Frames.

Thank you Uncle Pips for everything you do hear.

Ish]
I strongly support this proposal. For better efficiency, the SSA cross must occur prior to TEMA/Nonlagma cross. Unclepip did you manage to adjust the EA or am I missing something? Many thanks

This way we can weed out the false trades.

Files:

Well here is a taste of my hard work.

This should feel out a lot of the requests that have been offered. Along with some items that have been created during testing.

If you are interested, I can post the rules. Or you can weed through the code.

If you guys are afraid to use the SSA then maybe an alternative like tha Xard_Rsioma_Alert. This does not repaint after bar is closed. Or may be someone has an alternative. If you want the Rsioma you can find at Xards thread.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179449

Files:
rsioma.jpg  209 kb

Thank you Uncle Pips for your generousity. Your hard work is of great quality. You have all of our respect for the gifts you have given us. I also wanted to add that the prototype of this last EA has made me some good money last week. I don't know what I did but then couldn't it to take some trades this week.

Thanks again.

ISH

unclepips:

This should feel out a lot of the requests that have been offered. Along with some items that have been created during testing.

Unclepips thanks for this latest version, can you post rules please

I back-tested the latest EA version

unclepips:

Thank you unclepips. I back-tested this EA on EUR/USD 4H and found out that, when there is a main change in the trend calling for SSA to cross the zero-line, the SSA zero-line-cross takes place after the TEMA/NonLagMa cross (that means the TEMA/NonLagMa cross occurs in the first place thereafter the SSA zero-line-cross follows few minutes later). Actually what we see in the charts (as shown above in ismael's charts) of having the SSA zero-line-cross happening prior to the TEMA/NonLagMa cross results from a severe repainting of the SSA indicator! Had not been the repainting issue, we would never see an SSA-zero-line cross taking place prior to the TEMA/NonLagMa. Therefore I conclude the following:

according to the EA rules, if the SSA zero-line-cross is a prequisite that got to take place prior to the TEMA/NonLagMa cross, then this EA don't get you into a trade when there is a main change in the trend (calling for SSA to cross the zero-line), because in such situation the SSA zero-line-cross never happens before the TEMA/NonLagMa cross.

Reason: