Digital ACSTrend - page 36

Options

Definitely the time and the price time structure is important.

However inside the thread it is gathered some information related with the fractal structure of the price time series.

And the fractal structure may give some answers. I just omitted some complex option strategies. I wanted to show just the basic examples.

It is possible to use options only to hedge a position avoiding the sharp stop hunting reversals.

ASCTrend

Anyway, which of those ASCTrend mods do you find the most effective one, personally ?

Sorry, I do not use them on daily basis I use mostly digital brain trend (the trend) combined with short term optimized neural nets (entry in direction of the trend). I posted those mods hoping that they may be useful for somebody.

However for end of day the normal ASCTrend seems good to me. The risk setting is 8. However take care of the seasonal summer lack of trend, but you know that.

The heart is to know depending on the fractal dimension that every signal has different probability. When the fractal dimension is low every directional signal has a bigger probability. In fact this is all I know with practical consequences. The best is when it is low and it is getting lower (for iVAR it is below 0.5, for FGDI it is below 1.5) but all this is discussed within the thread.

For example with the options the best is to explore the relationship between the volatility and the fractal dimension. I believe that this may be a possible edge.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180729/page8

However for the digital ASCTrend they are not what you see is what you get. That is because they adapt constantly to the current dominant cycle and when you see the end result it is the current dominant cycle applied for all the history. So sometimes the real time signals are better than what you get when you apply. The only way to see what is going on is to apply then when for example you run a in the tester an expert (use e.g. the MA or MACD expert you get with every MT4), just apply them on the graphic and see how they work in real time.

Files:
btb.gif  37 kb

Johny

Yes, I've noticed the issue with ASCTrend's but it seems to me that one of the mods (the MESA one) has bug. Acctually it has a problem with refreshing (you noticed that as I assume). The ASCTrend is anyway a very nice looking indi, but as always in the case of trend systems it is rather the filter that make a difference than the trend system itself. BTW I've noticed that you posted the screenshot of the brain trend on Alpari MT. On my version it dosen't work.

Camaron:
Someone mentioned Sinewave S&R in another forum, and John Last suggested adding MESA to it. (you'll find info and needed files on Mesa here).

I did a little mod, adding R-MesaCutOff Frequencies to it. Quite different!

I have no knowledge about Sinewave S&R, other than what I can see from the charts.

Hi Camaron I applyed both indi. Sinewave S&R and Sinewave_Mesa on the chart but there is no signal found, did i miss something ? Please help. btw is these same indi. shown in the EMINIWATCHs vdo. Thanks- secretcode

Big Joe:
I post here the complete pack for the asctrend1 sig mesa, and the library file "R-Mesa".

THANK YOU BIG JOE , small pack but BIG VALUE inside.

secretcode:
Hi Camaron I applyed both indi. Sinewave S&R and Sinewave_Mesa on the chart but there is no signal found, did i miss something ? Please help. btw is these same indi. shown in the EMINIWATCHs vdo. Thanks- secretcode

With Sinewave S&R you need the cycles file (attached).

In order to run the Mesa version, you need to install all Mesa related files. See earlier posts in this thread.

I've also attached a lighter Sinewave file.

Other than that, I have no experience with Sinewave.

Files:
ssr.mq4  8 kb

Camaron:

In order to run the Mesa version, you need to install all Mesa related files. See earlier posts in this thread.

Thank You very much Sir for your kind explanation.

Mesa

Camaron:

I've noticed that the MESA mod has some problem with auto-refreshing. Do you have any idea how to fix it ?

Dezerteros:
I've noticed that the MESA mod has some problem with auto-refreshing. Do you have any idea how to fix it ?

Sorry, I don't.

Reason: