Digital ACSTrend - page 40

Dear Honorable Mladen:

Many thanks for your contributions and all those useful indicators.

For the SSA end-pointed.mq4 indicator that you posted, can you make one in which the color changed when the line is up and down? I remembered you made one for the normalized version. Can you please make one for this SSA end-pointed.mq4? With the two colors plotted, one for up and one for down, it will be a lot easier for me to visualize everything.

Many thanks to you in advance!

Bdunn

mladen:
:)

Some will tell that they knew it ...

Anyway, in this thread things were repeatedly compared to work done in elite and advanced elite section and repeatedly it was used as an argument for some things known only to author itself.

I am not going argue anything of the posted anywhere about these things nor am I going to prove or disapprove statements from this thread (although I would love to hear an explanation of why would a change of used price change calculation speed, but not even that is interesting). I am actually going to post 2 indicators here that are going to show the kind of things that are supposedly not open source - here is one definition of open source : Open source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And since the code posted in elite and advanced elite section are sources, they are by all definitions an open source. I am posting these here to show what is a difference between what is named an "open source" and what is posted in the elite section.

The fact that something is not posted in public sections is another fact and was discussed numerous times and it all ends up in ones right to do with his/her own work what he/she wishes. Trying to prove that one does not have a right to do it (so to do with his/hers own work what he/she wishes) and to post that where he/she wishes is out of any reason and hence meaningless.

About the indis - these are causal(non-repainting) and they are not "very heavy on your PC" as you will find out simply because they are written differently. And that is the whole point : a thing can be made a thousand ways. There are cars and there are "cars". Everybody can choose to their preferences but a "car" can not be called a car. And it is the decision of the one that makes something what he/she will do with what he/she made. And my decision is that in this case these 2 are going to be posted here for reasons stated above.
PS: the end-pointing idea was originally introduced by Dennis Meyers (he used it for fast fourier transform), hence the name of these are accordingly named to his idea. But also a reminder that he (Dennis Meyers) posted results of end pointing that were far, far from a holly grail

PPS: libSSA.dll should be unpacked to experts/libraries folder in order to make these work

That is all from me

All the best

Mladen
Files:

bdunn:
Dear Honorable Mladen:

Many thanks for your contributions and all those useful indicators.

For the SSA end-pointed.mq4 indicator that you posted, can you make one in which the color changed when the line is up and down? I remembered you made one for the normalized version. Can you please make one for this SSA end-pointed.mq4? With the two colors plotted, one for up and one for down, it will be a lot easier for me to visualize everything.

Many thanks to you in advance!

Bdunn

Bdunn made it multicolored which is determined by the slope.

Files:

Mrtools, you are great as always. I will try it. Many thanks to you!

Cheers,

BDunn

mrtools:
Bdunn made it multicolored which is determined by the slope.

With the end point version of SSA you guys should know one thing : it is very CPU intensive and the number of bars displayed should not be set to some great number (in my experience it is enough to have 3-400 bars for a normal value that then can be used for a normal estimation and work)

I have found something very advanced and the author claims the real time results much better than wavelets,FFT ,SSA and it is suitable for realtime trading.The author(hedge fund manager and academician in MIT)did not hesitate to give the whole code in python.The problem is where to find a python/ mql4 coder with a high calibre(electronic engineering background)?

any updates for coridor ssa end point? I tried to search the forum, but found an old version only ..

muntui:
any updates for coridor ssa end point? I tried to search the forum, but found an old version only ..

Yes, it was updated - one version you can download from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page437

nevar:
I have found something very advanced and the author claims the real time results much better than wavelets,FFT ,SSA and it is suitable for realtime trading.The author(hedge fund manager and academician in MIT)did not hesitate to give the whole code in python.The problem is where to find a python/ mql4 coder with a high calibre(electronic engineering background)?

Hi,

Could you please share the python code or the link where I can find it? I have someone who should be able to convert...

Thanks

TCT

John Last:
I made my own mod using Caterpillar which is a free version of SSA of price (I took the original Caterpillar indicator and I have cleaned it up deleting the second line and allowing the change of parameters (lag bars, number of computations and bars for calculation), the original uses 7 and 5 lag bars, I use much more). However the SSA of price is much more stable when you use more lag bars.

Well this is very special indicator, because of the nature of the SSA. It recalculates. But if you apply a sufficient amount of lag (at least 30) it can be very accurate.

This mod is a full SSA mod. We apply the caterpillar in two different ways in order to analyse the trend.

You need the caterpillar and you need to install the library file.

I send you two versions one is bb_squeeze_caterpillar: I use the original idea of the squeeze as identification of trend (the dots). The histogram uses the Caterpillar (SSA)

The second the bb_squeeze_caterpillar_2 uses the SSA (Caterpillar) but in two different ways: histogram and dots. The dots recalculate more often that the histogram.

Seems that there are problems with ssa.ex4 and new metatrader 4 (one more problem we are having - remember the promise that ex4 files will work as before : well it seems that it is not so, even when they are used as libraries)

Entropy math MCD indicator entropymathmcd.mq4

Files:
Reason: