Using CCI to Make a Living Off Forex - page 18

Im back! Finally. Ban was 2 weeks not 1.

welcome back

James the Giant:
Im back! Finally. Ban was 2 weeks not 1.

WELCOME BACK

Thank you very much! It has been too long. I am taking a look at the EA now. I also think that the Hull Moving average is a good non repainting replacement of the Non Lag MA. I tested alot of different type of moving averages, and Hull Moving average is the most alike.

Excellent !!! Was so affraid that you were not going to come back

James, about your MTF CCI side project, is it really worth pursuing? It has lead to a lot of mis-interpretations and mass confusions. I personally like this current strategy. It is simple, straight down the line and has no operatunities for subjectivity.

Personally I find that the CCI tells its own unique story on each timeframe, if you jump around the story changes and confusion creeps in. I find that by paying attention to the CCI on the a chosen timeframe, and staying on that timeframe I am able to trade very successfully.

At most I may add a MTF NonlagMA set to a higher timeframe (at least a timeframe 4 times greater than the current trading timeframe) to help me get a feeling for for the current trend, but that is about it. Since this strategy does not use the old woodies histo bars that can be applied to a CCI for trend confirmation I needed to add something to the recipe that would give me this.

(Even a good old LSMA would work here, considering this is the favourite calculation used by 90% of those snake oil peddlers and their wonder $99 indicators)

Good to have you back James!!!

Cheers

Codex

Hi James,

Zerolag hull MA or just the normal Hull MA? I was experimenting with a Zero Lag Hull MA and it worked very well.

Cheers

Codex

nonLagMa

James the Giant:
Thank you very much! It has been too long. I am taking a look at the EA now. I also think that the Hull Moving average is a good non repainting replacement of the Non Lag MA. I tested alot of different type of moving averages, and Hull Moving average is the most alike.

In the last 2 weeks I've been watching and studying carefully your system

I like it SO much,USD correlation is a great idea

IMO , the real core of the system is the NonlagMa on H4 timeframe,so repainting issue is vital..

I mean..We both know we can rely on CCI indicators,but your sys needs an affordable trigger to be activated,and what I've found is that NonLagMa is quite erratic sometimes.

I don't know if my help here is needed,but one of the Kardamons Woodie indicator could help.Or a multiStochastic or multiMACD indicator.

But only histogram and green\red colored version,we don't need more indicator lines to follow !

Anyway Hull Moving average is a well proven indicator

On another Forum,talkin' about WCCI ,a good trader pointed out QQI as the most reliable filter

And about a Dashboard..it would be truly appreciated,even better with a built-in Correlation facility.

It would be good to see all "correlated groups" on the same window

I dont like the mtf cci strat much either. And I have only tested the normal Hull moving Average. So you suggest using the higher timeframe MA with this strategy or the mtf one?

I do have a good multi stochastic indicator. It allows stochastics of any period to be placed on as many as 5 timeframes. But if 4 hr is being trades, then it is only really needed on 1 hr and 4 hr with Daily 20 SMA as trend perhaps. I will see how I can refine the strategy with a better confirmation like this.

The higher timeframe MA was for this one James. (But it's not used for entry or exits it was just to help me get a "feel" for the longer term trend, nothing more)

Proposed new plan

Here is my proposed refined Forex Strategy:

1) Place Hull Moving average of period 20 on Daily. Trade only in that direction.

2) First step before placing an order: ToR sees a spark in trend across correlated pairs in same direction,

3) Second step before placing order: Confirm market push by 5,3,3 or 8,3,3 stochastic on 1 Hr and 4 Hr and 20 Hull MA changes color to same direction.

4) Exit when Hull MA changes to opposite direction.

Reason: