Need help indentifying indicator - page 57

I am looking for this indicator whose name I cannot remember which automatically draws small bright blue channels in real time and yellow/pink arrows when price action breaks through the channel lines. I have not included the bright yellow and pink arrows signifying breakout.

Please note the blue channels are drawn in several areas on the one minute chart. This is a very specific indicator that does this:

(see image)

Files:
idfx.gif  13 kb

My only advice is twofold:

1. Recognize that the market is largely unpredictable- stop trying to time exact entry times and price levels. Instead get the overall long term direction right and go with the flow of the market.

2. Make sure that you're strategy is based on how the market actually works (human trading behavior) and not just some indicator lines that are crossing.

Kris Matthews

Ummm...I think this will definitly blow your account...

First, indicators repeat:MACD or MA pls. choose one.

Second, use ATR instead of pips for each pair.

Finally, pls. test your method in serveral years before you put the real money.

I'm blunt, pls. dont mind.

Stop using lagging indicators. Try learning off price action setups. Its a much easier and effective way to trade. If you are looking at shorter time frames than the 4 hour, stop that too. I suggest learning to trade price action on a stripped down and "naked" price chart. Lagging indicator methods are only going to confuse you in the end and cause analysis-paralysis.

Need help ...can anyone modify this ea?

Hello, here i have attached slope direction ea. I need some modification in that is this ea when i set its take profit and stop loss, then it close order before my stop loss value. The change should be there is that .... Let him take buy sell trades but that trade order should be close to value set for profit and stop loss value only. It should not close before my stop loss value. It enters too many trade on m1 timeframe. Its ok for me, but the only change i want is should not close before my stop loss value. Also it should enter in constant same lot size i set.

Please help me in this...i do not have any knowledge in ea programming. So expecting lot of help from programmers experts.

Thanks in advance and thanks for your time.

tushark1:
Hello, here i have attached slope direction ea. I need some modification in that is this ea when i set its take profit and stop loss, then it close order before my stop loss value. The change should be there is that .... Let him take buy sell trades but that trade order should be close to value set for profit and stop loss value only. It should not close before my stop loss value. It enters too many trade on m1 timeframe. Its ok for me, but the only change i want is should not close before my stop loss value. Also it should enter in constant same lot size i set.

Please help me in this...i do not have any knowledge in ea programming. So expecting lot of help from programmers experts.

Thanks in advance and thanks for your time.

Try this, but i couldn't test cause i dont have the indicator it requires

-guyver

help for EA

thanks Guyver,

thnaks for EA, i will test is whether it close trade before stoploss order or not. Here i am attaching indicator file for you,

Thanks

Files:

hi tushark1

hi tushark1:

saw you message about 4digtis/5 digits thing

try this one attached

-guyver

emcs^2:
Stop using lagging indicators. Try learning off price action setups. Its a much easier and effective way to trade. If you are looking at shorter time frames than the 4 hour, stop that too. I suggest learning to trade price action on a stripped down and "naked" price chart. Lagging indicator methods are only going to confuse you in the end and cause analysis-paralysis.

Totally agree. When people look at lagging indicators like MACD, etc. and price action in hindsight, everything looks so predictable. It's because the mind is prone to notice what it wants to see. Then when the same people trade live, they end up getting confused as to why the results don't look as good.

Everything you see with indicators you can see by looking directly at price, so why not take the time to look at price action and understand how the market really behaves?

Kris Matthews

MP -- I use a pina colada myself

actually, the biggest problem with newbs "starting out" is that they are "starting out" and simply do not know much of anything.

price action or indicators are BOTH horrifically hard for the newb, who simply hasnt a clue having stepped into a new culture, language, rulebook and methodology of getting from here to there in what tends to be a jagged, rather than straight line.

the argument will continue forever but what BOTH sides miss is simple --- indicators are nothing more than a graphic illustration of what price action is doing --- they do not lag anymore than a candle that starts off at a high opening, drops down 5 pips, regains 10 pips and closes 15 pips below its open --- if one is following THAT candle (or goes lower to see what is really happening) they also are always BEHIND the price action.

THERE IS SIMPLY NO OTHER WAY BECAUSE THERE IS NO IMMEDIATE PROPHECY WITH THE CANDLES, but rather a SUGGESTION of what is to come, which is EXACTLY what the indicators do also, once one stops looking for the classic interpretation of "cross this line", "cross its signal line" or any of the "normal" situations.

Indicators are best used to SEE what trend and price direction is doing while BEYOND ANY EXTRA NEEDED PROOF, support and resistance is the one overriding and important focus.

S+R proves itself every day, hour and minute because you can set your TP at a point, depending on whether up or down price movement, and the price WILL GO THERE and then reverse to what becomes, after a while, an OBVIOUS support area depending on the timeframe.

If this were not so, then thousands and thousands of traders would not be hitting the SAME TP points as whoever is top dog on your brokers list, who are all following the interbanks lead !

PRICE ACTION and INDICATORS are simply TWO forms of the same thing --- FOLLOWING the price movement. Some like naked charts and some (such as myself) use indicators, and there is every shade of gray in between those poles with ABSOLUTELY no one method being BETTER than the other, but rather which one are YOU more comfortable with ?

But the argument will go on forever because men like to discuss forever. (an argument is a discussion that invariably goes bad) and every new crop of traders, good or bad, reads all the same old same old stuff, and so the problem perpetuates !

enjoy and trade well (no matter WHAT you use)

mp

kristophm:
Totally agree. When people look at lagging indicators like MACD, etc. and price action in hindsight, everything looks so predictable. It's because the mind is prone to notice what it wants to see. Then when the same people trade live, they end up getting confused as to why the results don't look as good.

Everything you see with indicators you can see by looking directly at price, so why not take the time to look at price action and understand how the market really behaves?

Kris Matthews
Reason: