RAS Signal - LiveTrading

UPDATE (2010/07/02):

SIGNAL DISCONTINUED

This signal was a mixed futures, oil, gold and forex signal.

It has been replaced by a forex-only signal - LiveTrading-FX (ID: 31706)

UPDATE (2010/06/21):

FOREX MONTHLY TOTALS (trading 1:1 ratio)

APRIL $1,118.44

MAY $1,561.66

JUNE $80.44

FOREX TOTAL: $2,760.54 since 2010/04/09 - see attached trade sheet for details (RAS_LiveTrading_Forex.xlsx).

Customers using this signal for the forex trades are enjoying profit. Note that the above profit depends on latency of the signals and the possibility of orphaned trades.

FUTURES TRADES: The big draw down is from the futures trades on Oil that did not roll-over. The trades expired.

--

Hi all,

I am a junior professional (although my age is deffinitely !not junior) forex trader with over 5 years of experience.

This signal is exactly what it says, live trades. Trades are executed by me personally and I do not use an EA (robot) with this signal, although, I hope to offer one in the coming weeks.

Trades are taken during the European and US sessions and cover a full range of forex pairs. While trades will be mainly limited to the majors I may at times spot a good opportunity in other pairs and grab what's hot at the moment.

In addition to the Forex spot market you will also see live trades on Oil and Stock Index futures.

Good trading everyone!

Kelvin

The signal is live!

Hi all,

Thank you to the Rent a Signal team!

LiveTrading (ID: 30904) is now live.

Link: rentasignal.com/signal/view/30904

Kelvin

Important Tip

Hi all,

For those just joining the LiveTrading signal service, please check to ensure that there are no ACTIVE ORDERS before activating your RAS Expert Advisor on the signal. This will ensure you get the best possble start.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Good trading everyone,

Kelvin

min deposit

What would be the minimum account to start with your signals? I am using FxPro, is this ok?

Minimum Account Size

vangelis1890:
What would be the minimum account to start with your signals? I am using FxPro, is this ok?

I also trade with FxPro and the signals are generated using a $50,000.00 FxPro account.

As you know, I cannot give you financial advice and anything written here does not constitute financial advice, but I can tell you anything you would like to know about how I trade, what I trade and any other details related to the signal that would allow you to make a pesonal decision on the matter.

In general, I trade FX with the smaller account size customer in mind (smaller meaning $2-5,000.00 account size) and trade Oil, Gold and Indexes with the larger account customers in mind ($50,000.00 or more).

Please review the trade history and evaluate the draw downs before making a final decision. This is always a good idea when evaluating any of the RAS signals.

Current trade status and sign up

Hi all,

Is anyone waiting for trades to close before signing up?

The current long term open trades are on the Index futures and Oil only. If you do not plan to trade those then feel free to sign up now.

Any FX trades that are opened today, Friday, May 14th, 2010, will be closed by market closing time today in order to facilitate any who would like to sign up now.

Good trading everyone!

Kelvin

New Signal Coming - e-Wave

Hi All,

This is just to let everyone know that we have requested activation on another signal, e-Wave.

Signal ID: 31316

Link: rentasignal.com/signal/view/31316

Discusson link: forex-tsd.com/rentasignal-service-elite-section-discussion/25813-ras-signal-e-wave.html#post348456

Steady gains of an average of 200 pips (NET PROFIT) per month on a yearly basis is this traders average. He is an 8 year veteran of the Elliot Wave theory.

We'll let you know when the Rent-a-Signal team activates the signal for us.

Good trading everyone!

Kelvin

Hey I was looking at your closed trades and it shows two trades that were closed on 5/19/10 (877133, 875264) where you lost 1695USD and 1651.22USD respectively.

That would be a huge drawdown on a 3-5k account...what was going on at that point that caused such large losses.

Draw Downs/Losses

msetai:
Hey I was looking at your closed trades and it shows two trades that were closed on 5/19/10 (877133, 875264) where you lost 1695USD and 1651.22USD respectively. That would be a huge drawdown on a 3-5k account...what was going on at that point that caused such large losses.

Hi msetai,

Thanks for your question. I think it's good for everyone to see this.

Before I address the question though, I just want to be sure that we're on the same page. Any previous comments in this thread regarding draw downs were related to another signal (e-Wave - undergoing activation) and not this signal.

That said, in regards to the draw downs you mention and "what was going on at that point", the short answer is that I was on the wrong side of the trade and needed to take the loss. I take losses, it's a normal part of any business. As for the impact on an account you may find the attached helpful. In the interest of full disclosure, I've attached an XLSX file that includes all trades since the 14th May. I did this quickly and did not break down the profit based on FX vs. Futures trades but that also might be a helpful exercise when reviewing the trades. The total profit is not extremely impressive, $930.00+, however, that was another reason that I closed the losing trades, there was enough profit to cover those losses.

Hope this helps,

Kelvin

Files:

The EA signal as promised

Hi all,

In my first post here I promised that I was working on an EA (robot) based signal so here it is. I am releasing this because some prefer to trade that way. The signal is generated by multiple EA's rather than just one and it's called - Multi-EA. Please visit the link below from details.

Link to the signal page: Multi-EA | Rent a Signal

Link to the discussion page: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180279

Enjoy the pips!

Kelvin

FX-ok - big draw down on futures though

Hi all,

The LiveTrading signal has generated a large draw down on futures, in particular Oil.

On the FX side however, we're up approximately $2,600 since trading officially began. See the first post for an updated spreadsheet.

Why the big draw down on Oil? I normally take some long term trades, and since I expect that Oil will go back to the highs later this year, I held the trades. This is normal for many traders. So what happened? I won't mention brokers, however, the broker that I traded Oil with previously never expired their Oil contracts but rather rolled them over. The current broker that I'm using, apparently does not do that and simply closes the expired contracts for their current value, the net result being the large draw down.

While I find this unexpected event upsetting, it's not a complete "train smash" as some of my colleagues would say. Going forward, futures trades will be closed on a monthly basis, preferably daily.

Also, now that this has happened, I would further recommend that everyone ensure that their RAS ea's be tuned to trade FX only on the LiveTrading signal until there is a better track record on the futures trades.

In the mean time, enjoy the pips!

Kelvin

Reason: