Deviator - correlation strategy, signal #30131 - page 12

martin hell(martingale)

don't worry martin hell will blowout your account sooner or later,

45% DD one more push and you got margin call.

best

tal

deviator:
Ok, so while others are fighting here (in this forum), I do my job quietly....

Deviator is the only signal with transparent and longest history track record (I mean provided by some third party, there are older signals at RAS but I could not find anybody giving extra track record at myfxbook or similar service).

So, after losing month in May, I recovered losses and made some extra profits. Yes, I had problems with DD knocking on 45% but took some losses and I changed the strategy to prevent that (I changed the pairs to trade from AUDJPY, AUDUSD, GBPJPY to AUDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY). So far it helps a lot but I still expect the DD to be up to 30% occasionally.

Who stayed with me is happy, who left can be sorry.

Current DD is around 15% but market is very violent and volatile these days so I find it as acceptable.

Everybody welcome!

tal123:

best

tal

It's not martin hell (martingale). Have you heard about stop loss? ;-)

Peace!

tal123:

best

tal

tal,

this thread is about my strategy to ask questions. If you came here just to tell me how bad my trading is, please stop and do not post here anymore. You know nothing about what and how I trade and you just came here to spread your "words of wisdom" as a revenge because I dared to ask you to show your trading history and you refused to tell? That's pathetic.... I liked your trading and I was considering to sign up but I am not liking your behavior so I will just keep watching and see later...

The DD I calculate is comparing to initial deposit, which was $10K, so 45% means $4500, but at that time the account was over $20K, so comparing to current account balance it was 22%, but I think about my subscribers not about myself, so I always refer numbers to initial deposit. I never change or increase lot sizes of my trades. So, please shut your "martin tal hell" mouth.

My signal has 7 months of history. I do not say it is ideal or holy grail, it makes money but it carries risks as any other strategy (including yours).

If you want to ask questions about my trading, you are welcome! But first read my first post and then ask questions (you have link in my signature).

Take care!

June profit 19.98%

Correlation

Hi

Personnaly, I appreciate this kind of EA. This method is safe.

And I do not understand why other traders reject it.

I am on the way of writing something similar on another different pairs

EUR USD , GBP USD

By the way, becoz I never read your EA somewhere, do you use this kind of codes for checking the correlation between the currencies ?

Correlation= CorrelationIND(Symbol1,Symbol2,0);

double CorrelationIND(string Symbol1,string Symbol2,int CorrelationShift=0){

double Correlation[],DiffBuffer1[],DiffBuffer2[],PowDiff1[],PowDiff2[];

ArrayResize(Correlation,cPeriod*2);

ArrayResize(DiffBuffer1,cPeriod*2);

ArrayResize(DiffBuffer2,cPeriod*2);

ArrayResize(PowDiff1,cPeriod*2);

ArrayResize(PowDiff2,cPeriod*2);

// Calcul

for( int shift=cPeriod+1; shift>=0; shift--){

DiffBuffer1[shift]=iClose(Symbol1,0,shift)-iMA(Symbol1,0,cPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,shift);

DiffBuffer2[shift]=iClose(Symbol2,0,shift)-iMA(Symbol2,0,cPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,shift);

PowDiff1[shift]=MathPow(DiffBuffer1[shift],2);

PowDiff2[shift]=MathPow(DiffBuffer2[shift],2);

double u=0,l=0,s=0;

for( int i = cPeriod-1 ;i >= 0 ;i--){

u += DiffBuffer1[shift+i]*DiffBuffer2[shift+i];

l += PowDiff1[shift+i];

s += PowDiff2[shift+i];

}

if(l*s >0)Correlation[shift]=u/MathSqrt(l*s);

}

return(Correlation[CorrelationShift]);

return(-1);

}

and after you use this command to check the correlation

if(Correlation MinCorrelation) {

.. EA Trading sequences.....

extern double MinCorrelation = 0.8;

extern double MaxCorrelation = 1.0;

I have another question : "how do you open a position (2 trades) ? do you use Bollinger Bands ?"

And also, what is the best method to close a position (2 trades)

"do you wait for a defined profit or do you check an answer from an indicator ? If yes, which one ?"

You can write to me in Private message

Regards

john

jaguar1637:
Hi

Personnaly, I appreciate this kind of EA. This method is safe.

And I do not understand why other traders reject it.

I am on the way of writing something similar on another different pairs

EUR USD , GBP USD

By the way, becoz I never read your EA somewhere, do you use this kind of codes for checking the correlation between the currencies ?

I have another question : "how do you open a position (2 trades) ? do you use Bollinger Bands ?"

And also, what is the best method to close a position (2 trades)

"do you wait for a defined profit or do you check an answer from an indicator ? If yes, which one ?"

You can write to me in Private message

Regards

john

John, thank you for your post. Yes, it's safe but risky at the same time. If you want to have profits 10 - 20% per month, you are at moderate to high risk. If you are happy with 5 - 10%, the risk is low to moderate.

Some traders reject this type of trading, some like it. Mostly more experienced and patient trades can "swallow" this type of trading. It's not a "one hit wonder" and requires good money management and patience.

1. No, I do not use this indicator for correlation. I use my own method of calculation, basically I calculate how many pips is one currency from the other (what is their relative gap in pips), when it's far enough I enter the position. However, it is not always ideal moment for entry so I use price averaging. The calculation is my know-how, but you can figure out your own way, it's not so difficult.

2. When I have more levels open the exit strategy is variable. Most of the time I close level when certain fixed profit is reached. There are cases when I better wait for bigger profit and close several levels as a group (basket). I take losses manually when market goes crazy and I feel like it's time to take losses and make the account safe (hard stops usually close losses at peaks and market reverses afterwards so I prefer manual stop loss). I close some positions, not all, so when the DD is say over 35% I close losses to make the DD below 30% and keep the reminder open, as there is a good probability of reversal.

The EA is fully automated, but I can switch modes on it. Everything is very slow so I have time to think which mode is better to use for the current situation.

ideas to improve this method

Hi

As far as I can understand, I could bring some ideas. Still, I do not understand why other traders reject your method, the market is so crazy those days, I remember the morning when this guy from Chigaco named "Big Finger" hitted the world

My ideas to improve this system:

First: Correlation.

-before starting in the EA, check if the correlation between the both currencies is there. Bcoz I notice sometimes and for a while, currencies are not correlated, not enough for this kind of hedge strategy. And waiting one or 3 days b4 acting, is not futile

Secondly: BB

- there is an hidden tip I found by pure hazard. If the time chart is around 15 to 20 minutes, I notice that the signal BB (120 minutes) helps a lot to figure out how to enter a position. There is a factor of 8, that gives good prospect of opening trades.

So, it seemed to me that opening trades should be made when BB (120) reaches BB Low or BB Top.

I will talk further about enhancement regarding exit next

rgds

john

jaguar1637:
Hi

As far as I can understand, I could bring some ideas. Still, I do not understand why other traders reject your method, the market is so crazy those days, I remember the morning when this guy from Chigaco named "Big Finger" hitted the world

My ideas to improve this system:

First: Correlation.

-before starting in the EA, check if the correlation between the both currencies is there. Bcoz I notice sometimes and for a while, currencies are not correlated, not enough for this kind of hedge strategy. And waiting one or 3 days b4 acting, is not futile

Secondly: BB

- there is an hidden tip I found by pure hazard. If the time chart is around 15 to 20 minutes, I notice that the signal BB (120 minutes) helps a lot to figure out how to enter a position. There is a factor of 8, that gives good prospect of opening trades.

So, it seemed to me that opening trades should be made when BB (120) reaches BB Low or BB Top.

I will talk further about enhancement regarding exit next

rgds

john

Yes, the markets are crazy these days and the prediction is that next couple of months the volatility will be pretty high.

Thanks for your ideas, I will think about it.

if we have to win in this irregular market

first, we have to identify the possible winning method of THAT single currency pairfor last 2 trading days

then we have to stick with that strategy, if no signal on that day, then don't trade

taking smaller SL / TP is not a good idea

====

secondly, over the weekend

we really have to think about the PATTERN that our USUAL trading method is based on

any market scenario , candle pattern that we rely on?

if the market scenario does not fit, then don't trade, just play on DEMO

just like JENGA, it we play on a boat, no matter what methodology that we apply, we probably just lost, at the end

until the boat is on the SAND (not on water) , then we could play again

Add-on

Uep

Something new to add

xx3xxx:
if we have to win in this irregular market

Of Course

first, we have to identify the possible winning method of THAT single currency pairfor last 2 trading days

That implies to guess the direction of the marking on a single currency pair, this step is another one. The main idea of that Hedging strategy is to trade, whatever the market goes up or goes down

then we have to stick with that strategy, if no signal on that day, then don't trade

Which signal do you talk about ? correlation ?

taking smaller SL / TP is not a good idea

I definitively agree.

Further, firms computers look at stops to eat calls.

Take Profit can be improved

====

secondly, over the weekend

we really have to think about the PATTERN that our USUAL trading method is based on

any market scenario , candle pattern that we rely on?

if the market scenario does not fit, then don't trade, just play on DEMO

just like JENGA, it we play on a boat, no matter what methodology that we apply, we probably just lost, at the end

I rather prefer to say soemthing else

If the boat is on top or bottom of the wave, you win

When the boat is in another prospective, wait until it reachs the wave

until the boat is on the SAND (not on water) , then we could play again

john

Reason: