Clubfx108 - page 3

Happy new year to you guys at clubfx108. Thanks for being decently priced and doing well. We could do without the greedy ones and need more affordable signal providers like you!

Silly season ?

And thanks for that lot in cable - nice new year present !

I can see where your ceiling is, but it's making me dizzy up here

I dont think we are supposed to be trading lots, unless we have about 10K. I think he mentioned trading 0.05 lots for every $1000 or so?

Always look on the bright side

Not getting at you guys - its really my own fault - have been trying to get RAS to fit into my account by using <1 lot multiplier and max lots but i accidentally reset settings so it went in with 0.3 lot when i wasn't looking - was too late to do anything by time i caught it so decided to grit teeth and dig in - its stopped where i hoped - lets hope i don't have to scale it out !

I have (had ) 6-7k equity, but am sitting on a weeks floating drawdown and will keep an eye on it - the EUR/JPY doesn't help

Effectively i am 3 times over-leveraged by accident ! Believe it or not i am glad - i have more capital - this is a live trial with stuff i can afford to lose (but it still hurts !)

For some (RAS ) reason the 2 lot EUR/JPY went wrong and auto-cancelled 1 lot, allthough by that time i had it down to 0.3 !! I placed a manual order to replace the lost half only to have RAS cancel it it later at a loss coz i made the comment too similar to the RAS comment and it cancelled the position thinking it belonged to RAS

RAS is a pain in the arse - its less than reliable and really easy to get summat wrong - am having to write additional equity/margin monitors alarms to get control - and probably copy trades out to another MT4 instance - i have requested a wrapper library option to allow intervention/monitoring but it looks like that just went in the rubbish pile of suggestions ! I think this stuff is needed to get RAS safe from my fat fingers

Nowt wrong with the signals - i just made a mistake at the wrong moment, and it was exacerbated by RAS

Always look on the bright side of life !

PS - you should see my equity curve !!

Advice on sl

Speaking of RAS - One of your partials left a position in the market with no sl/tp - The RAS db showed both parts out of the market so its not your problem but RAS somehow "lost" control of one part (am using VPS) - as usual the RAS log file was overwritten so no diagnostics in RAS. I know its not a good idea overriding your settings but am writing an ea that updates matching zero sl to a disaster/po setting. Is there any guidance on where to set it to stop it blowing up my account if it happens again ! - 1,2,300 pips ?

I guess i can answer that myself , but more input does no harm !

I think current best idea is to get ea to text me if it goes too far from price AND have emergency sl, giving me time to check RAS db if am out of reach

and move sl suitably

I think RAS have kinda messed up here..

Market is on its way down.. lets see if we make something good out of this GBPUSD and learn from mistakes. Some of my trades are not coming through. Very strange.

I think RAS have kinda messed up here..

Market is on its way down.. lets see if we make something good out of this GBPUSD and learn from mistakes. Some of my trades are not coming through. Very strange.

I highly recommend signal sellers and buyers use this tool to help the lag/latency

MT4 MSFX-Tick Sender | Mistigri

RAS/STP signals and partial fills/closing

> Nowt wrong with the signals - i just made a mistake at the wrong moment,

> and it was exacerbated by RAS

Sorry if this is cross posted from another signal forum but it probably has relevance to my/your problems. I THINK JadeFX (my broker) uses Boston Technologies MT4/STP bridge which doesn't properly support partial fills/ partial close techniques. I think it changes the Order comment which i think confuses RAS (I am not sure yet) because it uses the comment to identify its orders (the magic number mirrors the underlying RAS order id so it shouldn't be needed but RAS has previously "taken responsibility for" (kidnapped) my orders based on comment alone so i know it uses them) It also annoys my tracking EA which associates orders with RAS signals using the comment for my reporting/tracking mechanisms - and when the comment changes i lose track of the position - i am having to build something to record association between original comment and ticket so i can re-associate in my reporting/tracking !

I am not sure on this yet so am willing to stand corrected but it might help you to resolve some of yur problems. The MT4/STP bridge providers suggest posting multiple orders and reducing position by whole individual orders (which i see you use to build positions), but it won't help with partial fills This might mitigate the problems i had with EUR/JPY on Thursday 31st - that and post OrderSend maxlot truncation by RAS

http://www.100forexbrokers.com/mfiles/docs/MT4STP_vs_MT4Instant.pdf

The RAS KrissKross signal has similar problems as he frequently reduces the position sizes, and i have lost tracking there as well. It really panics me when there is potential for unmanaged zero sl orders on a larger account - i am now convinced a blanket emergency sl is not the answer (so you don't need one for me) and i am building something that is sensitive to lot size/margin/equity and alerting me before/as it maintains the sl (a good thing in any case)

Coz my intention is to host mutiple signal/ea's in an oversized account i need to properly/dynamically manage anything i can - else chaos will reign!

BTW you had a few "out of character" GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY in yur history - were these intentional or just leaked into RAS ? Is the max lot size on RAS automatic? I see it now reflect the new 3 lot from Thursday ?

Reason: