TickScalper EA - page 46

Hmm, I've had the new version above on the same demo broker as 3.4 for three days and 3.4 has been trading but 3.44.7 has not had one trade yet. no errors on loading it or in alerts either. Anyone else tried it and had it trade?

Hi jackjones,

I did not try new version yet. I will install sepcrated Metatrader for it during the weekend when market will be closed. This new version is using 2 indicators: TickSmoother_v2.1 (from old version) and averages MACD (from MrTools post on this page). Besides ... if EA is backtested so it should trade (most probably ...). I mean: you can check: indicators, and backtest for at least one trade (just to see lot size and so on).

jackjones:
Hmm, I've had the new version above on the same demo broker as 3.4 for three days and 3.4 has been trading but 3.44.7 has not had one trade yet. no errors on loading it or in alerts either. Anyone else tried it and had it trade?

Having the same problem here it was trading until i added the macd and the TimeCondition comment trying to retrace what i did and see where the problem lies.Would suggest not using it 3.44.7 until the problem is fixed.

Thanks mrtools thanks for the code to conclude we have two more modes:

Mode 8 and 9. In which pairs shall we test them and settings? Default and edit TS_Mode only?

I saw that the changes effect Ticksmoother TS_mode correct?

For the martigale code IMHO we could have logic simple like:

If trades > than (MaxOrders - 1) then

if TotalProfit >= BeakEvenAfterMartigale then close all orders and go back to scalping.

else continue waiting for oportunity to BreakEven with one more Martigale order incase market still goes against you. After the last martigale we close all orders when it reaches some pips or MGstep.

I saw the market giving oportunities way before we reached MaxOrder and with this settiing we could use these oportunities.We change max order from 10 to 5 levels martigale. Set it to 7 then BreakEven logic could start at level 6 with max DD one more level. Room to breath and go only for break even or SL.

So we trade as we used to do until level martigale 5 and then we use 6 and 7 for breakeven or SL.

NC

newdigital:
Hi jackjones, I did not try new version yet. I will install sepcrated Metatrader for it during the weekend when market will be closed. This new version is using 2 indicators: TickSmoother_v2.1 (from old version) and averages MACD (from MrTools post on this page). Besides ... if EA is backtested so it should trade (most probably ...). I mean: you can check: indicators, and backtest for at least one trade (just to see lot size and so on).

Yeah it didn't trade on backtest either so I posted here. I see he actually mentions it in his post now, oops. Added the averages and its working now.

So the changes are mc_mode can be set to use just smoothing, or macd averages or both? mode 9 is both macd and mode and 8 is just macd? 7 is RSI.. also new? and mode 3 is mode3 which is using the ticksmoother right?

oh and what is macdtf = 5 setting? timeframe. if so which one is that?

thanks.

This is somewhat of an improvement, cleaned up the code somewhat, added the no hedge function, and added the time condition trade, no trade, comments, which you can use is DisplayComments = true. Put it on a chart yesterday with Mladen's latest Macd that i added the bells and whistles,anyway i just placed the Ea on the chart then went to put the Macd on the chart, TickScalper had all ready placed a sell on eurusd, the 5 minute Macd was clearly showing bullish, so gave me an idea to add this Macd with mode 3 which makes it mode 9 and made mode 8 as just macd with Tick Smoother. The macd trend is macd greater or less than signal.Will need the averages MACD in your indicator folder, and if you prefer you can still use the set files from Newdigital, but they won't use the Macd and settings will be same as before.

Am working on the Maxtrade close idea just haven't figured out the code, have another idea wanted to run by all the testers how about if something like a time limit for trades to be in Maxtrade before closing them all.

Posting also the Macd you can use to follow trades with especially if using mtf Macd

ps) posted a little more user friendly version, its still 3.44.7, just put things in more of their proper place, and it is trading.

nc!:
Thanks mrtools thanks for the code to conclude we have two more modes:

Mode 8 and 9. In which pairs shall we test them and settings? Default and edit TS_Mode only?

I saw that the changes effect Ticksmoother TS_mode correct?

For the martigale code IMHO we could have logic simple like:

If trades > than (MaxOrders - 1) then

if TotalProfit >= BeakEvenAfterMartigale then close all orders and go back to scalping.

else continue waiting for oportunity to BreakEven with one more Martigale order incase market still goes against you. After the last martigale we close all orders when it reaches some pips or MGstep.

I saw the market giving oportunities way before we reached MaxOrder and with this settiing we could use these oportunities.We change max order from 10 to 5 levels martigale. Set it to 7 then BreakEven logic could start at level 6 with max DD one more level. Room to breath and go only for break even or SL.

So we trade as we used to do until level martigale 5 and then we use 6 and 7 for breakeven or SL.

NC

Still working on the other changes, the new modes are with the Tick Smoother Section (TS) modes 8 or 9, mode 8 is with macd and macd signal cross, with 2 ma's greater than close, times .95, mode 9 same as 8 but using some confirma's on top of that. The trades shown in chart picture is using super safe set but with TS_Mode= 8. So this version works and I apologize for any inconvience caused.

ps) didn't see your post Jack (i must need to see about getting my glasses changed) and yes macdtf is for macd timeframe. Was wondering if it 3.44.6 version traded i mixed myself up with my settings! The Rsi was in 3.44 version don't think many people knew that though, and hopefully this version easier for all to understand including me.

ps2) to avoid any more confusion posting the Ea where the original version 3.44.7 posted.

ps3) one more explanation in the settings above TS_mode is Method, this is for the Macd, there you have a choice of 18 different ma's to use for the Macd.

Files:

thanks for the info but the question was macdtf = 5 ... but what tf is 4.. 30mins or something else?

thanks

jackjones:
thanks for the info but the question was macdtf = 5 ... but what tf is 4.. 30mins or something else? thanks

The only timeframes available for metatrader is, M1(MINUTE),M5(5 MINUTE)M15,(15 MINUTE),M30(30 MINUTE),H1(1 HOUR),H4(4 HOUR),D1(DAILY),W1(WEEKLY) & MN(MONTHLY). In this Ea the values are expressed in minutes as1,5,15,30,60,240,1440,10080,& 43200. so macdtf = 5 is 5 minute macd.

Thanks for the changes you have made.

3.55.7 in mode 8 had a few trades yesterday and all were ok. i was looking at mode 9 and I was wondering if the macd condition is just asking if the current macd signal bar is greater than the previous one. is that correct?

Also are the MA confirmations running off the TS MA's or are the MAs coming from the MA confirm parameters? its just after looking at the code it seems to me to come from the TS MA's .. as they are referenced as fastMA etc. whereas the other are MC_FastMA etc.

if (iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,4,1) < iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,5,1)

&& (tClose < fastMA && fastMA < slowMA && slowMA < confMA1 && confMA1 < confMA2)) result = -mode;

Reason: