TickScalper EA - page 16

Once again a little contribution from me to this EA:

I added a function called "open_new" wich is set to 1 by default. set to 0, the EA won't open any new trades except for new martingale positions (if the open positions go below -15 pips or whatever you set it to be.

I found this quite usefull when there is one or more positions open but you dont want the EA to open more orders.

This is especialy for running the EA on more than 1 currency pair.

you can use the old .set files with this new version aswell since the function is allowing new trades by default

enjoy

Thanks a lot.

Automatically disable scalper on difficult days

surfer90:
Hi pressla,

I wrote a newer version of TS

take a look, maybe you can use it for your trading.

I also have an even newer version which i dont want to release to the community yet since i don't know yet if it is working. maybe you want to test it with me? It will be avoiding newstimes that you can manualy set.

interessted in testing it with me? pm me!

have a great day

Surfer90 - I could not reply on the PM, since I am a new member with too less posts. probably ND will enable PMs for me when he sees that I am brave member of the community:)

email me if you want to exchange your alpha for testing with the email I replied to your last post.

Hi,

thanks. I saw it before and looked at your version. It happens to be that we seem to think kinda synchronous.

that day you gave me the tip to disable the EAs I was wondering how to do that, and I added exactly the same condition to the code:

"if (TimeCondition() && spreadOK && Time[0] != pTime && Signal != 0 && PowerOn==true)"

your hint saved me from loss I beleive-thanks.

as I realized that simply disabling and closing all deals is not optimal-since I will loose unnecessary.

further I started to look for a good and relyable solution automatically get that signal for set.

my plan was to use this EAs mechanismn to disable trading for the scalpers, and enable let him try for that day to catch pips on the news.

I had the idea that the tsd-news-calendar-EA (NewsTrader_v5.3.mq4) will write to a global variable this "PowerOn" signal for any other EA whose strategy has problems with news, like scalpers.

so the answer is: yes.

lets work together in this solution. I shurely can help saving time.

finally I see a "manager" EA who orchestrates the different strategies on an account to have a constant grotwth with acceptable risk compared to reward. the "MultiPairProfitLossControl.mq4" is a sample for this. of course this will not work properly if the EAs simple reopen the closed trades. Therefore the manager EA has to talk to the others to let them know whats going on out there.

the interesting thing: I was running 3 demo accounts at 3 brokers with the tickscalper with identical settings for the whole last week and let them continue as usual to see how they deal with the friday news situation.

you may look at:

"myfxbook.com/members/Lothar/wp-tick01-exit-11a/20033"

"myfxbook.com/members/Lothar/wp-tick01-exit-11b/20035"

"myfxbook.com/members/Lothar/wp-tick01-exit-11c/20036"

we see here all possible scenarios. one acc is blown, one is ok but almost stopped out, and one went lucky with great profits.

the range is the problem. we have to systematically create conditions which win consistently.

second problem I see with this EA is that it gives away significant profits it already had. with the

"AccountEquityAnalyzer.mq4"

you can see this shockingly, when the equity curve is in excess to the balance.

on newdigitals pictures it doesnt appear so significant high, but on my accounts I see this painfully often.

this means it requires an improved exit strategy. I am trying now to add a profit-lock-in strategy which I used successfully with other scalpers as well. It is like a virtual-trailing-profit-stop, which is little different from a typical trailing stop. it also manages all open deals of an account and acts independent regardless which EA is used.

I will test it tomorrow and send you the result as well if it works out to an advantage.

cheers

pressla

pressla:
...on newdigitals pictures it doesnt appear so significant high, but on my accounts I see this painfully often.

It depends on hiw many pairs are trade simutaniously, and which pairs.

With my 7 pairs and with super more save settings ...

You can see from this image: floating drawdown was about 30 dollars with max open trades = 14. And tis drawdown was because of GBPUSD opened trade in martingale way in that time:

Same case here - drawdon is about 160 dollars only because too many trades were opened almost simultaniously for many pairs:

And same case here on 23rd of February with drawdown abour 220 dollars only because too many trades opened for many pairs simutaniously:

And this one was on 1st of March with drawdown about 1,000 dollars (max recorded drawdown on equity open trades was 721 dollars for all 7 pairs simutaniously) only because too many trades opened simultaniously and few pairs martingaled from 0.01 to 0.64 deposit size in this time:

And 1 pair is not profitable as we see from my last statements/images.

So, I am not recommending to trade all 7 pairs.

Select just 1 pair.

If we trade 1 pair only with this super more save settings (not 7 pairs as I am trading now) so ... for example EURUSD: max floating drawdown was 110 dollars since 10th of February with max simultanious open trades = 4 with ROI = 308 (means: we will receive 3,080 dollars for 1 year with initial deposit as 1,000).

So, it depends on how many pairs we are trading.

Because martingale feature in this EA is workin when 1 trade is going down to stop loss ... and instead of loss - EA openes the other trade in same direction but with more bigger lot size. That is why we can not use this EA for many pairs simutaniously: it is such a combination of scaper with martingale.

I think - 1 or 2 simultanious traded pairs - no more.

It is updated statements for 3.44 version for 7 pair.

First statement is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page9

Super more safe settings.

M1 timeframe.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURGBP, EURCHF, EURJPY.

It is the visual statement for all 7 pairs:

For EURUSD:

For GBPUSD:

For USDJPY:

For USDCHF:

===============

All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Because what is the difference practically between this

- risky

or

- safe

or

- more safe

or

- more more safe

or

- super more safe?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Simple: from risky to super more safe is the following: from more big max lot size to less martingaling.

Example: trading more safe settings - you may have 1.2 lot size as a max, but for super more - 0.64.

But ... foating drawdown should be more for super more safe then for risky.

It means: the trades are open for many hours or during the few days as opened for super more safe settings version and that is why we can expect more bigger drawdown.

Max lot size - depends on leverage and free margins (it is your account type).

Floating drawdown - depends on initial deposit size.

That is the difference between this kind of the setting.

===============

All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

pressla:
Surfer90 - I could not reply on the PM, since I am a new member with too less posts. probably ND will enable PMs for me when he sees that I am brave member of the community:)

email me if you want to exchange your alpha for testing with the email I replied to your last post.

Hi,

thanks. I saw it before and looked at your version. It happens to be that we seem to think kinda synchronous.

that day you gave me the tip to disable the EAs I was wondering how to do that, and I added exactly the same condition to the code:

"if (TimeCondition() && spreadOK && Time[0] != pTime && Signal != 0 && PowerOn==true)"

your hint saved me from loss I beleive-thanks.

as I realized that simply disabling and closing all deals is not optimal-since I will loose unnecessary.

further I started to look for a good and relyable solution automatically get that signal for set.

my plan was to use this EAs mechanismn to disable trading for the scalpers, and enable let him try for that day to catch pips on the news.

I had the idea that the tsd-news-calendar-EA (NewsTrader_v5.3.mq4) will write to a global variable this "PowerOn" signal for any other EA whose strategy has problems with news, like scalpers.

so the answer is: yes.

lets work together in this solution. I shurely can help saving time.

finally I see a "manager" EA who orchestrates the different strategies on an account to have a constant grotwth with acceptable risk compared to reward. the "MultiPairProfitLossControl.mq4" is a sample for this. of course this will not work properly if the EAs simple reopen the closed trades. Therefore the manager EA has to talk to the others to let them know whats going on out there.

the interesting thing: I was running 3 demo accounts at 3 brokers with the tickscalper with identical settings for the whole last week and let them continue as usual to see how they deal with the friday news situation.

you may look at:

"myfxbook.com/members/Lothar/wp-tick01-exit-11a/20033"

"myfxbook.com/members/Lothar/wp-tick01-exit-11b/20035"

"myfxbook.com/members/Lothar/wp-tick01-exit-11c/20036"

we see here all possible scenarios. one acc is blown, one is ok but almost stopped out, and one went lucky with great profits.

the range is the problem. we have to systematically create conditions which win consistently.

second problem I see with this EA is that it gives away significant profits it already had. with the

"AccountEquityAnalyzer.mq4"

you can see this shockingly, when the equity curve is in excess to the balance.

on newdigitals pictures it doesnt appear so significant high, but on my accounts I see this painfully often.

this means it requires an improved exit strategy. I am trying now to add a profit-lock-in strategy which I used successfully with other scalpers as well. It is like a virtual-trailing-profit-stop, which is little different from a typical trailing stop. it also manages all open deals of an account and acts independent regardless which EA is used.

I will test it tomorrow and send you the result as well if it works out to an advantage.

cheers

pressla

Oh jeah right, i forgot that you need to be elite member to use the pm function i think. I didnt see any email adress from you but i pmed mine to you so you can send me an email that i have yours aswell. Yeah thats funny. Yeah thats what i am heading to aswell. I want it to detect the News automaticly but i didnt find anything yet. So i edited the code that you can set 3 different zones of time where the ea wont open new trades. You'd have to set the beginning early enough since i dont want the EA to be forced to close negative trades.

That is all coded in my new version.I'll send it to you so you can add your stuff and we work on the same level and not on 2 different eas. guess that saves us a lot of time/work to syncronise the EAs.

I like your idear about using the news ea. I tried to include something with the FFCal but i think it would be better if we go with an already coded EA.

So Email me asap so i can send you the 3.46

have a great day

regards surfer

Risk and settings

Thanks a lot for your insights ND.

I can agree with you that multiple pairs is the core reason to risk the account.

this week I will set up a different pattern for the pairs on all accounts to be more safe.

I discussed with Surfer90 and we found that the MG ratio is creating also too large lots if set to 2.0. He continues with 1.0 so do I.

I saw your AccountAnalyzer indicator is a newer version than mine. where can I find that one? - great tool.

cheers

Brokers and real accounts

I experienced also very different performance for each broker with real accounts for scalper EAs

Mini BaselFinancial, pacific area performs best on non EURxxx pairs.

UCH,GU,EU,NU

Mini GCG,FXCH US area.

only EU

Mini FXCBS, Dubai middleeast area

AU,ECH,EU,GU,UJ

Micro Alpari UK good on EUR pairs

EU,GU,UJ,EC

Micro FXCM UK good for nothing

It happend that I managed to get a micro account from FXCM after pushing the manager even they have no such product. The result is a non performing account. doesnt close positions, very poor results. Does anyone have good experience with this broker on normal Mini accounts?

essential is real spread and execution time of the broker. I thought you would have somewhere in the forum a section where there should be a systematic collection of brokers performance. I didnt find that place.

Reason: