Composite Fractal Behavior and its aplications - page 17

William Snyder
William Snyder  
Boxter:
Hi mrtools, while working stand alone the cfb T3 velocity indi histo + mtf is not working properly when embedded in an EA:

1. The values "EMPTY_VALUE" in velHuu,velHud,velHdd,velHdu are not "0" when the indi is called from an EA. When replacing with "0" it seems correct.

2. trend = trend and slope = slope seem to be not correct when vel=0 and vel=vel. Starting calcualation with trend = 0 and slope = 0 seem to be right.

Can you confirm this ?

3. This is the most severe problem: When calling from an EA, the EA is steadily loading the indi successfully until memory can't be allocated anymore. I have no idea what's the reason for this. E.g. I also embedded the indi "alb TriangularMA_ jcfb price zone mtf & alerts" in an EA and have no problems with it. Could you help here as well ?

Hi Boxter,

Think i need to see how you are calling the indicator and go from there, problem number 3 what usually happens to me is calling the multitimeframe wrong, usually forgetting to add a place in the indicator call for the timeframe.

Boris
Boris  

Bugs fixed

Hi mrtools, thanks a lot for your rapid feedback. I could fix the bugs now. The repeated indi call was due to a missing mtf timeframe value.

Can you still tell me a reason why the value "EMPTY_VALUE" is set and not simply 0 in the indis ?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Boxter

I think they did it because of separate window indicators in which it is quite often that they are "bouncing" around 0. Since EMPTY_VALUE means "do not draw" t metatrader, they were trying to avoid cases of interrupted drawing of some indicators this way (and you must admit that 2147483647 value in indicators is much less probable than 0)

Boxter:
Hi mrtools, thanks a lot for your rapid feedback. I could fix the bugs now. The repeated indi call was due to a missing mtf timeframe value. Can you still tell me a reason why the value "EMPTY_VALUE" is set and not simply 0 in the indis ?
Boris
Boris  

Potential bug in cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts indi

mrtools:
Hi Boxter, Here's the version colored like the original, about the velocity didn't think before i typed, in some ways it is already IFT'd.

Hi mrtools, I also tried to call the "cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts" indi from an EA. Nevertheless I receive other ifisher indi values in the EA than displayed in the indi window, using current TF as well as using MTF .

I don't have this problem with the cfb velocity indi. I wasn't able to identify a potential bug so far. Could you check it as well, please ? Thanx a lot !

William Snyder
William Snyder  
Boxter:
Hi mrtools, I also tried to call the "cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts" indi from an EA. Nevertheless I receive other ifisher indi values in the EA than displayed in the indi window, using current TF as well as using MTF . I don't have this problem with the cfb velocity indi. I wasn't able to identify a potential bug so far. Could you check it as well, please ? Thanx a lot !

Hi Boxter,

Checked the usual subjects haven't found anything yet, but will keep looking.

ps) could you give me an example how you are calling cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts indicator.

Boris
Boris  

cfb Bollinger Bands ?

Hi mrtools,

I am still in process to analyze my EA embedded cfb IFT of RSI indi. Meanwhile it seems that I implemented a coding error.

Besides I ask myself whether it is possible to implement a cfb Bollinger Bands, where cfb is applied next to the used MA also to the standard deviation. In particular it would be great to have a cfb version of the adaptive lookback bollinger bands.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Boxter

Posted something similar here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179723/page21

William Snyder
William Snyder  
Boxter:
Hi mrtools,

I am still in process to analyze my EA embedded cfb IFT of RSI indi. Meanwhile it seems that I implemented a coding error.

Besides I ask myself whether it is possible to implement a cfb Bollinger Bands, where cfb is applied next to the used MA also to the standard deviation. In particular it would be great to have a cfb version of the adaptive lookback bollinger bands.

Hi Boxter,

Couldn't get the cfb bollinger bands to ever look right, but possibly you or someone can use these its cfb adaptive averages envelopes with mtf, alerts, and arrows. The envelopes themselves are cfb adaptive as are the price zones.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Cfb adaptive volume flow ...

This one is made at the request of Boxter

It is the cfb adaptive version of volume flow indicator (this one : https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/93/volume_flow_indicator.mq4 )

From what I see, making a volume flow adaptive makes it a bit "nervous" so parameters should be examined how to treat them. If you wish this one to work the same way as the original just set the minimal and maximal period to same values and it will work without adapting

Here is a comparison of the 2 with default parameters :

dakiki
dakiki  

Cfb adaptive Volume flow indicator.mq4

Hello Mladen,

Would it be possible to make the Cfb adaptive Volume flow indicator.mq4 indicator MTF?

Thank you

Daniel