Composite Fractal Behavior and its aplications - page 27

apprentice coder:
If you have it ...

We all have. Just that we don't know that sometimes

Is there some detailed explanation what is CFB exactly?

apprentice coder:
Is there some detailed explanation what is CFB exactly?

Some explanation here :

mladen:

Here is a version that allows depths of up to 11 to be calculated : Dynamic zone cfb + mtf 2_2.mq4

Hi mladen

Just to let you know, on line 125 of this indicator (as shown below)

limit = MathMin(limit,BarsToCount+192);

I think it should be 768 instead of 192 since the depth have been increased to 11

limit = MathMin(limit,BarsToCount+768);

Feel to correct me if I am wrong. 

kennychua:

Hi mladen

Just to let you know, on line 125 of this indicator (as shown below)

I think it should be 768 instead of 192 since the depth have been increased to 11

Feel to correct me if I am wrong. 

kennychua

Thanks you, but if you check a line prior to that line you shall see that it is just in case when BarsToCount is different from 0 (which is not the default settings) and is used only on the initial calculation (first calculation after the init)

So, changing that will not change the results in any way - it is safe to use it as is and all shall still work as it should work

mladen:

kennychua

Thanks you, but if you check a line prior to that line you shall see that it is just in case when BarsToCount is different from 0 (which is not the default settings) and is used only on the initial calculation (first calculation after the init)

So, changing that will not change the results in any way - it is safe to use it as is and all shall still work as it should work

"is just in case when BarsToCount is different from 0 (which is not the default settings)"

The default setting seem to be 1,000 (line 41)

extern int                BarsToCount          = 1000;

"used only on the initial calculation"

I was using this indicator and testing it on an offline chart so it only calculate once after init. That is when I noticed that depth 11 line was very different from depth 6.

Of course changing BarsToCount to 0 fixed the problem, which is why after checking the code, I try changing 192 to 768 and it seem to fix the problem too.

In any case glad to know that BarsToCount default is suppose to be 0, as I have changed mine to 0 from 1000.

Many thanks. 

kennychua:

"is just in case when BarsToCount is different from 0 (which is not the default settings)"

The default setting seem to be 1,000 (line 41)

"used only on the initial calculation"

I was using this indicator and testing it on an offline chart so it only calculate once after init. That is when I noticed that depth 11 line was very different from depth 6.

Of course changing BarsToCount to 0 fixed the problem, which is why after checking the code, I try changing 192 to 768 and it seem to fix the problem too.

In any case glad to know that BarsToCount default is suppose to be 0, as I have changed mine to 0 from 1000.

Many thanks. 

Since the BarsToCount is effectively used only once (on a first calculation), any further processing does not change any of the current values and that BarsToCount does not affect any of the calculation results - unless it is an unreasonably small value (here is a comparison at my charts : upper is using BarsToCount set to 0, lower is using 1000 - as you can see, the result is exactly the same - depth 6 in this case

And depth 11- again the result is exactly the same

I don't know what results you are getting on offline charts, but all is OK on regular charts and there is no issue that needs to be solved when used on regular charts

checkin:

Some explanation here : http://blog.tradingview.com/?p=172

That is nice. Thanks :)

Can someone make this not repaint? Help me please. thanks 

tristantsh:

Can someone make this not repaint? Help me please. thanks 

Would you mind providing examples when it repaints, since, to my knowledge, that cfb channel does not repaint and there is nothing that needs to be changed in it

Reason: