Composite Fractal Behavior and its aplications - page 15

cfb version of T3 velocity indi

Hi mrtools , hi mladen thanks a lot for the IFT doc and the color adaption.

Could you build still the cfb version of the T3 velocity indi ?

Stay tuned !

Abot the "Original" parameter :

The original refers to the way how T3 is calculated.

If you set it to true then original Tim Tillson (the inventor of T3) calculation is used. If it is set to false, then the Bob Fulks/Alex Matulich variation (faster calculation) is used

Boxter:
Hi mladen, this indi looks great and really seems to be an improvement vs. the original T3 velocity. Please describe the variable "Original" in the settings. Can you also provide a histo version as it is in the original T3 velocity indi ?

Boxter:
Hi mrtools, is it possible to create a Cronex Taichi indi using the alternate ichi indi ?

Hi Boxter,

Not that i'm aware of, because the cronex tachi it uses Tenkan ,Kijun, and Senkou wouldn't know which one to replace with the cfb, the alternate Ichimoku uses only SSP. Also my guess would be if you could cfb all 3 cronex tachi settings would possibly be a drain on the computer due to the massive amount of calculations involved.

Problems when embedded in EA

Boxter:
I implemented histo + mtf support in the cfb T3 velocity indi.

Hi mrtools, while working stand alone the cfb T3 velocity indi histo + mtf is not working properly when embedded in an EA:

1. The values "EMPTY_VALUE" in velHuu,velHud,velHdd,velHdu are not "0" when the indi is called from an EA. When replacing with "0" it seems correct.

2. trend = trend and slope = slope seem to be not correct when vel=0 and vel=vel. Starting calcualation with trend = 0 and slope = 0 seem to be right.

Can you confirm this ?

3. This is the most severe problem: When calling from an EA, the EA is steadily loading the indi successfully until memory can't be allocated anymore. I have no idea what's the reason for this. E.g. I also embedded the indi "alb TriangularMA_ jcfb price zone mtf & alerts" in an EA and have no problems with it. Could you help here as well ?

Boxter:
Hi mrtools, while working stand alone the cfb T3 velocity indi histo + mtf is not working properly when embedded in an EA:

1. The values "EMPTY_VALUE" in velHuu,velHud,velHdd,velHdu are not "0" when the indi is called from an EA. When replacing with "0" it seems correct.

2. trend = trend and slope = slope seem to be not correct when vel=0 and vel=vel. Starting calcualation with trend = 0 and slope = 0 seem to be right.

Can you confirm this ?

3. This is the most severe problem: When calling from an EA, the EA is steadily loading the indi successfully until memory can't be allocated anymore. I have no idea what's the reason for this. E.g. I also embedded the indi "alb TriangularMA_ jcfb price zone mtf & alerts" in an EA and have no problems with it. Could you help here as well ?

Hi Boxter,

Think i need to see how you are calling the indicator and go from there, problem number 3 what usually happens to me is calling the multitimeframe wrong, usually forgetting to add a place in the indicator call for the timeframe.

Boxetr

Regarding point 1 : EMPTY_VALUE is a constant that is equal to 0x7FFFFFFF (2147483647 decimal).

Regarding point 2 : that manner is used in order to "inherit" value for eventual value that is same as the previous (in which case nether "trend" nor the slope should change value. You are right about the first (oldest) calculated bar, but already the second calculated bar should be OK as far as this condition is concerned

Regarding point 3 : here is an example how the indicator should be called from an EA without that constant reloading

Boxter:

Can you confirm this ?

Bugs fixed

Hi mrtools, thanks a lot for your rapid feedback. I could fix the bugs now. The repeated indi call was due to a missing mtf timeframe value.

Can you still tell me a reason why the value "EMPTY_VALUE" is set and not simply 0 in the indis ?

Boxter

I think they did it because of separate window indicators in which it is quite often that they are "bouncing" around 0. Since EMPTY_VALUE means "do not draw" t metatrader, they were trying to avoid cases of interrupted drawing of some indicators this way (and you must admit that 2147483647 value in indicators is much less probable than 0)

Boxter:
Hi mrtools, thanks a lot for your rapid feedback. I could fix the bugs now. The repeated indi call was due to a missing mtf timeframe value. Can you still tell me a reason why the value "EMPTY_VALUE" is set and not simply 0 in the indis ?

Potential bug in cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts indi

mrtools:
Hi Boxter, Here's the version colored like the original, about the velocity didn't think before i typed, in some ways it is already IFT'd.

Hi mrtools, I also tried to call the "cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts" indi from an EA. Nevertheless I receive other ifisher indi values in the EA than displayed in the indi window, using current TF as well as using MTF .

I don't have this problem with the cfb velocity indi. I wasn't able to identify a potential bug so far. Could you check it as well, please ? Thanx a lot !

Boxter:
Hi mrtools, I also tried to call the "cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts" indi from an EA. Nevertheless I receive other ifisher indi values in the EA than displayed in the indi window, using current TF as well as using MTF . I don't have this problem with the cfb velocity indi. I wasn't able to identify a potential bug so far. Could you check it as well, please ? Thanx a lot !

Hi Boxter,

Checked the usual subjects haven't found anything yet, but will keep looking.

ps) could you give me an example how you are calling cfb adaptive IFT of Rsi_mtf+alerts indicator.

Reason: