Metatrader 5 versions of indicators ... - page 3

The more I work with metatrader 5 the more I regret it. Right now it is returning error 4401

(ERR_HISTORY_NOT_FOUND) on almost every second tick for a perfectly valid time frames. That error means that metatrader 5 is not able to find the history file for the other time frame (and it is returning that error for copy time (which is a 101% internal function - nothing to do with any custom functions)) It happens when data download is initialized (for symbols that did not have required data downloaded for some time) and it seems that for some reason then it does not recognize other time frame data which it otherwise recognizes

This is a NonLag ma MACD with a workarounds for the flickering that happens then (when it is downloading that data - Just now noticed that that data even does not have anything to do with the viewed period - it is currently downloading data for year 2000 on my PC for a symbol I did not used and it still is "telling" me that I do not have a 1 hour history file for year 2011 :):)

It eventually stabilizes and then stops doing that ridiculous thing, but anyway posting this workaround for that "thing" it is doing

Also, attaching a multi time frame NonLag MA with alerts too. It already has that workaround built in it.

Same workaround for one more average

Files:

Many thanks Mladen, Much appreciated.

That gives me enough MT5 indicators to work with. Thanks for the Daily pivots and eclock too. (A lot more pleasant looking at a real-time clock for a change!).

One problem I've been having with MT5 is working offline. I downloaded and compiled a few indicators I wanted from codebase as well as all the indicators in this thread and only about 1/3 of them seem to attach properly offline. I've found I need to compile some of the indicators again each time I restarted the application for them to show up when offline...(?) A lot of them are MTFs. All seem to work fine online. Is there something obvious I'm missing here (or in terms of the problems you've described)? Somewhat frustrating but at least it's all working online.

Gramski

You are not doing anything wrong. It is all about metatrader 5.

What I was talking about in one of the messages is a case when metatrader 5 prevents itself from accessing a file that exists (I was monitoring the file that was supposedly non existing (error 4401) and in fact, it did exist) So it was not even able to share data between 2 threads (the download thread and the reading thread) it (metatrader 5) initiated

For now, after 3 years of development of metatrader 5, I am sorry, but I can not tell too much good things about it. It "behaves" erratically, in described case on one tick it works OK and on the another it does not, when you start the terminal it "forgets" to initialize stuff that is necessary for other code to work properly (the "offline mode - on weekends for example, sometimes you have to switch time frames in order to see anything after the start of the terminal) The list of basic errors (and I am stressing the word "basic" - since they should have been solved a long, long time ago because they are the basic stuff that everything else depends on) is so long that it is ridiculous, and with each and every new upgrade it seems to be just adding new errors instead of removing them, and of the so much talked about speed they were promising I do not want to talk anything ... all this makes metarader 5 just a toy for their developing team for now and nothing even remotely close to usable, stable trading platform

If they do not do some big change and do that soon I have a feeling that metatrader 5 will remain just a "maybe it could be good" story

Gramski:
Many thanks Mladen, Much appreciated.

That gives me enough MT5 indicators to work with. Thanks for the Daily pivots and eclock too. (A lot more pleasant looking at a real-time clock for a change!).

One problem I've been having with MT5 is working offline. I downloaded and compiled a few indicators I wanted from codebase as well as all the indicators in this thread and only about 1/3 of them seem to attach properly offline. I've found I need to compile some of the indicators again each time I restarted the application for them to show up when offline...(?) A lot of them are MTFs. All seem to work fine online. Is there something obvious I'm missing here (or in terms of the problems you've described)? Somewhat frustrating but at least it's all working online.

Hmmm...it seems to me they need you on the development team Mladen. I guess the good news is MT4 should be around for a good while longer.

On a positive note, it's highly impressive what you guys have collectively achieved with this site. Keep up the good work.

Hello Mladen,

Is there an MT4 equivalent of this MT5 LnxCCI indicator found in this thread?

I've found a few MT4 versions but the sidewinder LSMA/EMA part seems to look different to yours (even though the parameters are the same). I can't seem to find an equivalent version that looks like yours.

It's quite effective for following price under a microscope and entering the market on M1 in conjunction with my other indicators.

Files:
lnx_cci.mq5  11 kb
eurusdm1.gif  26 kb

Gramski

Try these (as far as I remember I used these as a model for metatrader 5 version). They have to be in separate files (the lsma & ema addition) simply because of the metatrader 4 limitations of 8 drawing buffers. As of sidewinder : I have never seen or found an exact description of it even though I tried for quite some time (it is a part of Woodies marketing I guess) so I can not help you more since I lack information regarding that. Some versions I saw are repainting and maybe that is the difference compared to my version

regards

Mladen

Gramski:
Hello Mladen,

Is there an MT4 equivalent of this MT5 LnxCCI indicator found in this thread?

I've found a few MT4 versions but the sidewinder LSMA/EMA part seems to look different to yours (even though the parameters are the same). I can't seem to find an equivalent version that looks like yours.

It's quite effective for following price under a microscope and entering the market on M1 in conjunction with my other indicators.

Ok no problem. I managed to basically get what I wanted by getting rid of the LSMA part. I'm not using it according to Woodie's system or rules. It's definitely added another interesting dimension for following momentum under a microscope though. Thanks again.

Files:
eurusd_pic.gif  30 kb

Conversion request

Dears,

Don't known exactly how does the conversion service is working. I am looking for a mq5 version of the following indicator.

Furthermore, I start on MT4 making an EA using that indicator, calling using the icustom() function. I am not sure yet (I need to investigate), but it seems that icustom() does not retrieve the correct value. I tried to retrieve current value and also previous value for the both lines. Don't know if issue is because it is an MTF indicator.

Regards,

och

och,

Just about iCustom() call in this post (before the conversion is done) - use the following form :
double valued = iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,IndicatorFileName,"",SmoothPeriod,SmoothPhase,0,bar); double valueu = iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,IndicatorFileName,"",SmoothPeriod,SmoothPhase,1,bar);

You probably left out the "TimeFrame" parameter (which is set to "" in this example, the first parameter after the IndicatorFileName)

och:
Dears,

Don't known exactly how does the conversion service is working. I am looking for a mq5 version of the following indicator.

Furthermore, I start on MT4 making an EA using that indicator, calling using the icustom() function. I am not sure yet (I need to investigate), but it seems that icustom() does not retrieve the correct value. I tried to retrieve current value and also previous value for the both lines. Don't know if issue is because it is an MTF indicator.

Regards,

och
Reason: