Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 268

Well......first day in.....68 pips. I know its not astronomical but learned a lot being live with it. I am using a frankenstein of Nims and Lord's setups. Nothing special.....it's what you all have seen already. GBP was really good to me. Confirmed with macd2 line. Only issue was the fractal indy would indicate after a brick of the opposite and second brick regardless if it was up or down......wan't sure if that was normal. No issue filtering out the false signal but it was a little weird. Other than that....pretty straight forward. Saw pretty early on that reversals on a serious trend will normally range initially for a few bricks so I just marked the range and waited for a breakout.

Would have been more profitable but kept screwing up the trailing stop. I thought the default in MT4 was set to pips.....but it was points. So when I would apply what I thought was 15 pip t/s, I was really applying 15 points which meant 1.5 pips.....so a few trades that would have gone for 60- 80 pips got stopped out way too early due to my ignorance. Also need to work more on risk / reward. Won 8 of 12 today.....not half bad. I'll take that any day. Couple that with great MM and I will be happy with that.

banian:
my small contribution to help this contribution......

Hi Banian, the solar wind repaint baldly,regards

dsncorp:
Hi Banian, the solar wind repaint baldly,regards

Hi DSN,

I've not tested Banian's system, because my pc is down and I'm re-building a new one.

I know solar wind repaints on the time-frame chart, but maybe it works differently on the renko, perhaps.

Best, N

adam777:
So the Heikin Ashi indicator was removed from the system. Cool.

Hi Adam777,

This forums settings doesn't allow changing the topic title and now also with editing posts after a couple of minutes.

Best, N

Hi Folks,

I'm back on my new faster pc

Back to work from next week!

Good Luck!

Nick

Hey Adam777,

I don't know what you wanted to say, but if you had something bad to say. Just say it!

I like your pic, Asterix was my childhood favorite and Obelisk and his love for the roasted wild boar made my mouth water, when i used to read the comics as a kid.

Remember, I was a time-frame trader since 2005 to 2009 and a renko trader after that till now, that's about five years trading renko.

I'm currently so used to renko trading, i probably could even trade it with no indicators (i could picture my own indicators in my head and know what it means)

good luck! Nims

Hello again to all.

I was very busy because we are trying to buy our future first house, and is not easy hehe.

I am also keeping my work on a renko EA, initial idea with Mr Nims system, but after a lot of tests and work, I accepted there are so much variables, and that's very complicated to do it with an expert advisor. Then I have come to the conclusion that it was best to create an indicator summarizing Mr Nims system.

I did not get bad results in the test, but on the reality was different. Finally I noticed if we use lot of indicators on the test, we get more away from reality results, more variables can fail, so I decided to base it on a single indicator.

At this point, considering a buy or sell order based on this indicator, at the current candle/bar, there are higher chances that our results were away from reality, because at the current bar sometimes indicators repaint the entry signal. This is the reason why I look at the previous candle to decide if its a good moment to open an order.

Assuming everything explained above, this expert advisor shows a fairly accurate results and considerably good, but there is still the biggest problem.

When a burst of volatility in the market emerges, giant candles appear in just seconds, and renko candles are created at high speed. Because of that, on a test the expert advisor can buy or sell immediately without delay, but we know on reality thats not possible when exist high volatility. Well, I think this is the last big problem to solve to make the robot profitable in the real time market.

I am currently working on it, and it is possible that in the coming weeks will bring news about.

Here is the indicator summarizing Mr Nims system (uses two auxiliary indicators I have attached the file, and MACD indicator) offs_nims_indicator.rar

And now I attached some test (All of them since 01/01/2012 until 07/01/2014)

ignore_high_volatility_and_0.01_fixed_lots.rar

ignore_high_volatility_progressive_lots_10_risk.rar

fixed_lots_at_0.01.rar

progressive_lots_10_risk.rar

Offs1987:
Hello again to all.

I was very busy because we are trying to buy our future first house, and is not easy hehe.

I am also keeping my work on a renko EA, initial idea with Mr Nims system, but after a lot of tests and work, I accepted there are so much variables, and that's very complicated to do it with an expert advisor. Then I have come to the conclusion that it was best to create an indicator summarizing Mr Nims system.

I did not get bad results in the test, but on the reality was different. Finally I noticed if we use lot of indicators on the test, we get more away from reality results, more variables can fail, so I decided to base it on a single indicator.

At this point, considering a buy or sell order based on this indicator, at the current candle/bar, there are higher chances that our results were away from reality, because at the current bar sometimes indicators repaint the entry signal. This is the reason why I look at the previous candle to decide if its a good moment to open an order.

Assuming everything explained above, this expert advisor shows a fairly accurate results and considerably good, but there is still the biggest problem.

When a burst of volatility in the market emerges, giant candles appear in just seconds, and renko candles are created at high speed. Because of that, on a test the expert advisor can buy or sell immediately without delay, but we know on reality thats not possible when exist high volatility. Well, I think this is the last big problem to solve to make the robot profitable in the real time market.

I am currently working on it, and it is possible that in the coming weeks will bring news about.

Here is the indicator summarizing Mr Nims system (uses two auxiliary indicators I have attached the file, and MACD indicator) offs_nims_indicator.rar

fixed_lots_at_0.01.rar

Thank you for your development,Offs1987!

It is very valuable.

Offs1987:
Hello again to all.

fixed_lots_at_0.01.rar

Hi Offs,

I'm not into auto trading, I will always be a manual tradier. But here is something for you!

I will speak more about the truth of this and your EA too, in the future.

Best,

Nick aka Mr,Nims

Files:
Reason: