RAS #11359 - EURJPY Algorithmic Trader - page 4

Weekly performance report 08-29-2009 - 1st week

Attached is the weekly performance report after the 1st week trading (since restarting with MIG account)

Indeed I don't care how much profit is made - making profit is not difficult in forex. Making 2000 pips in a week and losing them all in the second week is not what I aim for.

Consistency is key to succeed, that's the reason that I start posting weekly performance in this thread to keep a track record for all subscribers.

Moreover, I do care about the safety of my subscriber's capital. Newbies tend to pick a profitable system and blindly jump into the water with both feet, and then complaining why they lose money.

- Do they know what's the expected floating drawdown for the system?

- Can their account size withstand the worst floating drawdown?

- Do they know what's the expected worst margin requirement?

- Can their account size fulfill the worst margin requirement?

I've written a EA to collect these important statistics and put them in the report for subscribers to evaluate if this system is suitable for their account size and risk appetite.

Good trading and have a happy weekend!

Regards,

dyeung

Private Discussion Group (by invitation only)

Hi all,

I've formed a private discussion group for subscribers of RAS #11359 and RAS #11339.

Important updates will only be broadcasted in the private group from now on.

If you are a paying subscriber of either signal and interested to join, please send me a PM with your RAS username and corresponding forex-tsd username, I'll send the invitation to you immediately. See you there!

regards,

dyeung

Why MIG

dyeung:
Dear all,

Today I restarted this system on a new broker demo account (MIG MIG Investments SA - Home) to generate trade signals, the reason being that ActivTrades will implement new margin rules on hedge positions (no more zero margin requirements on hedge position) from August 23,2009. Although I really like their quick support and data feed reliability, but I don't have a choice.

The new account will start with $100,000 capital 200:1 leverage.

As usual, live performance will be posted at : MT4 Status - 分享您的MetaTrader 4报告到全世界

(refresh every 10 minutes)

Prior to the switch over, all active orders have been closed. Detailed account statements are attached here for your reference. It contains all transactions generated by this system from August 10,2009 to August 21,2009 using ActivTrades demo account.

Regards,

dyeung

Hi dyeung!

Just interseste in knowing why you chose MIG, I am testing a few brokers and how the different EAs are doing on the different brokers. Have you tested different brokers and ended up on MIG, og was it purely because they offer scalping and zero comission on neutral positions?

SkylineR34

Closing results of the two MIG accounts between 8/20/2009 - 9/3/2009

Trading starts in Alpari UK accounts now.

HI dyeung,

The EA seems to be active but no positions taken,when i compare it with the mt4 stats of yours.

On the front of the pc it says: VERSION 1.30 BUYER and below 1021;NOT VALID USER ACCOUNT.0 orders processed.

Should I re-install the EA?

karakan:
HI dyeung,

The EA seems to be active but no positions taken,when i compare it with the mt4 stats of yours.

On the front of the pc it says: VERSION 1.30 BUYER and below 1021;NOT VALID USER ACCOUNT.0 orders processed.

Should I re-install the EA?

Reinstalled.It's working again.

How Many Positions at a time

Hi Dyeung,

How many positions can this EA open at a given point in time?

Regards

albatriq:
Hi Dyeung,

How many positions can this EA open at a given point in time?

Regards

When the EA pulls the trigger, it opens only one position at a time, either long or short.

Regards,

dyeung

Confusion

dyeung:
When the EA pulls the trigger, it opens only one position at a time, either long or short.

Regards,

dyeung

Hi Dyeung,

Sorry to confuse you. What I meant was how many open trades will be there at a given point of time?

Your statistics at RAS website says there can be maximum 34 active trades!! Is this correct?

Regards

albatriq:
Hi Dyeung,

Sorry to confuse you. What I meant was how many open trades will be there at a given point of time?

Your statistics at RAS website says there can be maximum 34 active trades!! Is this correct?

Regards

Hi albatriq,

1. For a $7,500 account with 500:1 leverage you can trade max 37.5 lots. For a $10,000 account with 400:1 leverage you can trade max 40 lots. If you assume 34 max open orders and this signal open orders with 0.1 lot for each order, it's only 3.4 lots. This size is less than 10% of max allowed lot size.

2. This signal uses hedging, compared to non-hedging signals, it does not requires full margin of 3.4 lot. Depending on brokers and hedging ratio the margin requirement is less.

3. since the signals use hedge orders it more concerns about the margin ratio rather than the max open orders, the brake is set at 400% if it's approaching 400%, no more trade is opened.

4. Besides I have mental stop limit on the system, if it's hit I'll reduce the position size or hedge the position when appropriate.

regards,

dyeung