MIDAS indicator - page 8

Midas VWAP indicator working..

hi to all , i put this post only for looking if there is some people

interested to work again with this incredible indicator "MIDAS LINE"

In particular i need to find AKIF and Mladen , and ask to him if they wont to work again

about this indicator, adjusted for a Forex market.

I try to work whith the Akif file because the v2 when restart MT4 reset the start point.

bat it isnt' so important we use the manual time date., important is the good reverse point

on Short time or in a Long time, Midas line find.

i wait for a Akif or some one to work between.

thnx.

my e mail is (Jack_tory@hotmail.com)

working again about this MIDAS LINE indicator

hi to all

there is some one wont to work again about this indicator?

Akif are you there??

thnx

Files:
usdchf.gif  35 kb

Midas with start time added ...

Try this

It has one more parameter : MidasStartTime. If it is empty (that "1970.01.01 00:00") than it works as before. But if you specify some date in the MidasStartTime it will use that time and when you reload the terminal it will start from that time (so you are not going to have to readjust the line again (but in that case it will always use the date and time specified in that parameter when you reload the terminal). Hope this helps

jacktory:
hi to all , i put this post only for looking if there is some people

interested to work again with this incredible indicator "MIDAS LINE"

In particular i need to find AKIF and Mladen , and ask to him if they wont to work again

about this indicator, adjusted for a Forex market.

I try to work whith the Akif file because the v2 when restart MT4 reset the start point.

bat it isnt' so important we use the manual time date., important is the good reverse point

on Short time or in a Long time, Midas line find.

i wait for a Akif or some one to work between.

thnx.

my e mail is (Jack_tory@hotmail.com)
Files:

thnx much mladen

thnx very much mladen for a great work you do,

bat your version is now a mix of a akif version, a good possibility of your version

are a simply drag a line to individuare a start point, now it is again manually...

it is possible to repair your version , so we can use the blue line to individuate fast the start point?

if not , no problem, you know how to set the top/bottom finder parameter?

i mean the volume num bars..

thnx in advance

jack

ahh i have one question, i have see one another post you have make much multiframe indicator, bat how to use it?

because Meta trader 4 , when i change the Time frame of one cross it put in automatic again the indicator..

(sorry for my english)

ahh sorry i forget,

on your version v2.1 and v2.2 The Top Bottom finder dont work ( it trace one wrong line), try to look the first version of Akif (his work good)

thnx

where is forex volume

I am interested in the MIDAS indicator for forex but it uses trading volume as a crucial variable in its calculations (as it was developed for stocks). As I understand it there is no way to get volume information in forex. What does it use instead and how does it affect it's working

Thanks, Karel

In forex, volume is simply ticks (number of new price quotes - saying price quotes, since sometimes ticks come exactly the same as previous quotes, so there was no change in prices at all).

Some are saying that the number of ticks can replace volume (as a measure of market activity) but I have never thought that it can be used as a "regular" volume

karelk:
I am interested in the MIDAS indicator for forex but it uses trading volume as a crucial variable in its calculations (as it was developed for stocks). As I understand it there is no way to get volume information in forex. What does it use instead and how does it affect it's working

Thanks, Karel

i'm so pessimistic about all the volume related indicators in forex.

it's an OTC market. which means there's no united exchange and no offical volume information.

since vwap and midas uses volume is weighting factor it's badly distorting the line .

these are supposed to represent the average. but it's not as the volume data is totally incorrect.

i don't trust volume(actually ticks as mladen mentioned) data in forex market.

karelk:

Thanks, Karel

r4bb1t:
i'm so pessimistic about all the volume related indicators in forex.

it's an OTC market. which means there's no united exchange and no offical volume information.

since vwap and midas uses volume is weighting factor it's badly distorting the line .

these are supposed to represent the average. but it's not as the volume data is totally incorrect.

i don't trust volume(actually ticks as mladen mentioned) data in forex market.

so it's MID_ASS...not MIDAS???

Enhancements to the original Metastock MIDAS

Take a look at the excellent signals on the one-minute Eur/Usd chart in Figure 8, using increments of 1/3% .

//////////////

Indicator: SC_Coles_MIDAS

# SC_Coles_Midas

# This script automates the MIDAS bands described in the July 2010

# issue of Stocks & Commodities magazine

# enter volume or tick_volume for “voltype” input

input: displacement(0.01), voltype(volume), midcolor(red), bandcolor(blue), width(1);

# initialize variables

if (barnum == barsback) {

startbar = hotspot_to_bar(1);

pv, cum = 0;

MIDAS = close;

}

if (barnum >= startbar) {

# compute MIDAS calculation

pv = pv+ ((high+low)/2) * voltype;

cum = cum + voltype;

MIDAS = pv/cum;

# plot the results