MIDAS indicator - page 6

Explanation needed plse

Hi Akif,

Attached is a picture of what happens to the RED-line (your Brick coloured). Is there an explanation for this behaviour or have I done something wrong inadvertently?

Best wishes.

Files:

It looks strange if you can tell me what did you put as the starting date I will try to check it on my platform but it looks like there is smtg wrong with your data check out volume values for those problematic areas.

Akif,

ValeoFX:
Here is the last of 3 screen-prints with the indicator clearly signifying that something is wrong or missing. Your advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The legend of midass indicator

Long time ago...a GOD of Forex granted wish to a man named Midas...that any time he enters market he wins...and so...Midas kept winning...until he won all the money there was on the market...and there was no money left to win...money weren't moving from hand to hand...thus...Greek Empire came to an end...and all the money Midas won became simply pieces of worthless paper...End

Hey ValeoFX, I wonder if Mladen would let you post the fixed version?

As far as I am concerned no problem

It is up to ValeoFX (since he asked for it, and if the version he is testing right now checks OK, of course)

Thanks Mladen..

Thanks Mladen for your approval to post the upgraded version which I do with pleasure.

Ismael, please also post your results with the new indicator by end of today. I have almost a day's data now which I show here for everyone's information and comment if necessary.

I urge you to read the story behind this indicator though, Ismael and if you have not done so yet and have difficulty in locating the report, here is where you can find it:

http://zsiie.icis.pcz.pl/ksiazki/%5BTrading%20Ebook.pdf

Best wishes to you all and a special "thank you" to Mladen for his willingness to assist.

Files:

akift:
It looks strange if you can tell me what did you put as the starting date I will try to check it on my platform but it looks like there is smtg wrong with your data check out volume values for those problematic areas. Akif,

===================

Hi Akif, thank you so much for checking in. The start date was yesterday 30th March @ 04h35 which is CET time.

The "Secondary Support Line" started perfectly (especially at the 10h00 period), but within a few bars it started to "pull apart" (see #Image#2 dated 29th March and in Red)

I was amazed at how accurate it was until it happened, but since then one cannot use it at all.

If you compare this picture that I am posting now which is the Midas-v2 you posted, you will see that the 2nd-line is still a slightly "better" fit than the latest version Mladen so very kindly made for us. The Primary Support Lines are identical.

Just look from where the Secondary Support Line is dropping in, even on Mladen's improved version. The indicator has been running uninterrupted since yesterday. My charts run 24/6 anyway.

Whilst I have your attention, is the OBV oscillator suppose to react in the way it shows here? It has no apparent added value as far as I can see? Most of the time it sits above the zero-line as you can see from earlier postings on your Thread.

Looking forward to seeing your comments.

Best wishes.

Files:

End of day results

Hi Akif,

This is what the indicator looks like at end of my trading day for your kind perusal and comments if any.

Regards.

Files:

Deleted by user.

confused

Hi there,

First of all I think there are some hidden conversations that we dont know but as usual thank you mladen for your great contribution. i am not very good at mql programming since I wrote only 3 indicators:) Thanks for the fix which would take a lot of time and effort for me.

Starting from last, I think I have told this before but yes there is not much added value of OBV imo too, especially in forex. That is more useful in stocks. Instead of OBV you can try to use a different one which tells you the underlying trend strength and look for divergences.

And the other stuff. Ok here I am very confused. Because what mladen has fixed is not about real calculation. The math behind the indicator is still the same. So I am very confused about your post and I cant see anything wrong my charts. And what you show as original in your charts definitely dont start from 30th March @ 04h35. So I think I couldnt understand the problem.

Akif,

Reason: