Eurusd/gbpusd - page 108

Gazmeistergeneral:
Still looking bearish on 15min - maybe could goto 4169? Gaz

4182 is holding.

IMARICH1:
Thanks for all the kind words of support.....now how much do I owe you all for this counseling session?...:) I'll post once in a while but seriously I don't have much to add.....I'll watch and read....I like this thread alot....I like how everyone tries to give input and takes feedback well....

what are friends for mate!?!?! just make sure you don't give up and make all those years spent count for nothing....

IMARICH1:
Thanks for all the kind words of support.....now how much do I owe you all for this counseling session?...:) I'll post once in a while but seriously I don't have much to add.....I'll watch and read....I like this thread alot....I like how everyone tries to give input and takes feedback well....

Well at least say hi when you're about. I try to take feedback well..lol

I feel out of synch so I'll be calling it a day if this long doesn't play out.

Okay guys. I'm through for the day. I'm not giving anymore of this week's profits back to the market.

happy pippin.

firscall:
Okay guys. I'm through for the day. I'm not giving anymore of this week's profits back to the market. happy pippin.

nice one mate. you hanging around still or you off?

IMARICH1:
IMAPOOR1 has been watching and reading.....

Got into some bad trades and ....well that's all that needs to be said....

I have not traded in over a day or so...and honestly really can't do to much with my account size...its pathetic!...

I had seen all these indicators being posted and read about them...but I figured I would let the pros figure out what really works...........I studied Gartley Patterns and have a book that was not easy to get....but man there are so many things to know with all that....I watch some of these patterns work and some don't......honestly, my thought is the BIG Boys are going to do what they want.

I wish you all the best in this venture...I have been at this for 5 years and cant make anything consistent and I even took a year off in this arena to clear my head when I lost my account.....that's another story based on Bank Trading.....yea, the person was in the know.....just sometimes he was in the know where the MM were at.....

So I am here...but there is nothing really for me to add to all the things you guys know...take care......and goodluck!

First of all, I had to do a double take on the page count on this thread, and when it was started. I'm impressed, this is like a chatroom.

Anyways, just some words of advice, yeah I know, there is so much advice given out that it usually goes in one ear and out the other. But as you said, you've been in this game for 5 years, and you finally come to the realization that the Market is mostly unpredictable (most "traders" can't accept this and continue their quest for the Holy Grail). Trust me, that is a big step to become a successful trader. I had come to the same realization before...I had to swallow my pride, and said to myself, "I don't know jack about how the Market is going to move". So I started my trading philosphy from scratch, and said that I must conform to the Market...and Market will not conform to me.

Patterns work and don't work because it is what it is. A successful trader builds a plan around the pattern and executes the plan LONG TERM. They understand that patterns do not work all the time. They build a long term strategy with positive RR ratio around the pattern/market, and they analyze how the pattern is traded over a statistically valid number of trades...they trade their plan and trade it consistently. I'm not saying patterns work or don't work (I have no idea what a Gartley pattern is, neither does the Market, but if enough investors trade it, then it works, if they don't...then it doesn't work, a pattern looks like a butterfly in one timeframe and looks like cow dung in another), but the important part is that successful traders has this kind of plan and thinking instead of where is the next crystal ball indicator.

Gazmeistergeneral:
nice one mate. you hanging around still or you off?

I'm hanging around but won't be writing much. I'm like a bear (forgive the pun) with a sore head. Poor execution, sound MM (this keeps me in the game), a few too many indicators so I'm not happy. But I'm still in profit for the week and month.

At this point many traders would continue to trade hoping to claw it back but that is how accounts get blown.

Daily PL alert.

Eu target

next probable target on EU = 4142 - 48

Kenny Rogers:
First of all, I had to do a double take on the page count on this thread, and when it was started. I'm impressed, this is like a chatroom.

Anyways, just some words of advice, yeah I know, there is so much advice given out that it usually goes in one ear and out the other. But as you said, you've been in this game for 5 years, and you finally come to the realization that the Market is mostly unpredictable (most "traders" can't accept this and continue their quest for the Holy Grail). Trust me, that is a big step to become a successful trader. I had come to the same realization before...I had to swallow my pride, and said to myself, "I don't know jack about how the Market is going to move". So I started my trading philosphy from scratch, and said that I must conform to the Market...and Market will not conform to me.

Patterns work and don't work because it is what it is. A successful trader builds a plan around the pattern and executes the plan LONG TERM. They understand that patterns do not work all the time. They build a long term strategy with positive RR ratio around the pattern/market, and they analyze how the pattern is traded over a statistically valid number of trades...they trade their plan and trade it consistently. I'm not saying patterns work or don't work (I have no idea what a Gartley pattern is, neither does the Market, but if enough investors trade it, then it works, if they don't...then it doesn't work, a pattern looks like a butterfly in one timeframe and looks like cow dung in another), but the important part is that successful traders has this kind of plan and thinking instead of where is the next crystal ball indicator.

Agreed and they also know that patterns can break down and continuously research new patterns that offer a viable expectancy. But I still maintain (and publicly available research proves) that sound money management and random entries can lead to profits. I'm not suggesting that anyone should adopt this method but it high-lights the importance of money managment.

Reason: