Thanks for sharing your idea!
Now I have tried the v2.5 with 1 lot and 30/10 settings, default EU/GU pairs.
The first pair (buy GU / sell EU) closed with profit (+84 / -33) but with the second pair (buy EU / sell GU) made a loss overall (+22 / -91). 84-33+22-91= -18 instead of +10
I'm thinking Cacus's idea is excellent but I'm not sure the EA is working correctly.
Another possibility for the EA is the following: as soon as a couple is reaching a target ( for example 1 % balance ), the couple is closed. And when the second is reaching equity, it is closed .
So the final result is a gain of 1 %.
I don't know if that can be coded but I think it would be clearer.
Every birth has its pain.
I hope Cacus will clear up the rest of the code when the basic idea has been programmed correctly.
BTW I have played with the idea a bit and at a run of the EA I have closed the 2nd pair manually. First, the EA closed the first pair which earned the required profits. Then I have closed the next position with a big positive gain (over 170 pips I think). Then I waited until the remainder position's loss reduced (from around -300 pips to -200 pips) in order to make an overall profit and I have closed that positon, too.
Ok, it's a bit dangerous. But after the first pair is closed by the EA, the 2nd one can also produce high price movements into the negative direction.
So the solution is a close with equity profit because the close in PipsInGain seems not working.
Hi guys, i'm gonna take a look at the possible origin of this problem you talk about...
But mine is working just the way it meant to be, that's strange...
Which PipsTrigger/PipsInGain set are you using?
In the dairy tab can you see some error log?
I'm sorry, Cacus, I have blew that account already and cleared all the diary data.
BTW it was an Alpari UK demo account, EU 1.8 pip spread, GU 3 pips. The PipsTrigger/PipsInGain was set to 30/10.
Maybe it's something to do with miscalculating the spreads? Or what if the second pair closes first? Maybe that event disturbs the algorythm?
Apart from this problem, what if after closing a pair, the EA would open the closed positions again? Then if a pair comes to a profit, then it would close it as well, and open it again, and so on.
Somehow like here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177363
PipAlot, I also attach you the indicators you asked for.
Well guys, another week finished in profit
Currently (if my memory don't betrays me) 10 cycles finished, 76usd in profit, 30.4% of profit on 15 market days.
The bigger DD that the EA had to handle was this week due to a connection problem (the cycles was meant to close a lot earlier), was 30% down, far from margin call but we should consider then move down the lot value a bit to avoid this kind of weeks on a 250usd account.
Anyway, you can watch how this performs live here: cacus1.mt4stats.com
Let's see what next week bring to us.
Remember that i'm using 60/20 in this forward test.
How attach robot
How I attach the robot ? I open 2 chart, EurUSD and GbpUSD, attach each robot to them, and change their magic number. And it seem to do double job.
So is one chart only attach robot ?
If I want to hedge other currency , how can i do that ? Just change the paramater of currency in robot or open USDJpy chart?
You need to attach in one chart only, anyone, that`s not make difference... then select pairs that you whant hedge at imput parameters.
Ok, it's doing good so far.
If you take a look at cacus1.mt4stats.com and go to "Analyses" tab you can take a better look at some interesting data.
The EA has been running since 17/06, just 2 hand interventions, the first one was the second week just to change lot size from 0.02 to 0.05, and the second intervention was last week to change the PT/PiG values from 60/20 to 100/30.
The last change was because if you take a look at EURGBP charts you surelly would see that there was HUGE movements on that pair these 2 past weeks, due to that, the EA had to handle huge DD that took days to close a single cycle, sometimes the DD reached almost 40% of balance (already earned, but it was too much I think). So, i've changed to 100/30 to catch those huge movements and to avoid DD, it worked, the EA just faced less than 8% DD on the last movement. So far, 54% net gain over balance.
Let's see what this week bring us.
Sorry about my sporadic posts, i'm a bit busy this days and i got time for nothing else than work and studies.