Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 29

pudseybear:
Chart

Can you explain why you didn't change both settings for stoch.

And looking at the code you have changed to 30 & 60

The Stochastic levels of 20 & 80 are default settings. In looking at the charts I saw how "headfakes" triggered trades. By squeezing the two levels together more towards the middle I was able to weed out some of these headfakes.

I then tested my theory in a backtest and teh results were undeniable so I kept it. Someone could run a test on the first numbers also if they wanted, but I didn't want to "curve fit" too much but I did feel since I was in a quicker 5 min chart that something needed to be done, and that was it.

Can you help me?? TAKE PROFIT

Does anyone here know how to adjust the TP??

The TP's on the first page don't seem to do anythig when I play with the settings.

Chart ~

pudseybear:
Chart And looking at the code you have changed to 30 & 60

This is a still work in progress...

There were two differsnt stochastic settings, I'm useing the last one.

I feel I have acheived a good enough back test that it now needs to be forward tested and tweaked.

Sorry for the confusion.

That's why I thought the copy and paste idea was the way to go...

Happy trading ~

Chart

try doing a back test for 2008 with your settings. If it can survive last year, it will do well forever!

James666:
try doing a back test for 2008 with your settings. If it can survive last year, it will do well forever!

Can someone do that?, I'm still learning the platform I'm on. I come from a Stock & Options background...

-or explain how to do it

Thanks in advance!

Chart ~

Hello chartwalker

Hello chartwalker,

Hmmmm....what version of the EA are you using? Can you post it? Am a little confused here.

chartwalker:
Can someone do that?, I'm still learning the platform I'm on. I come from a Stock & Options background...

-or explain how to do it

Thanks in advance!

Chart ~

Chartwalker,

I'm currently testing this EA on the EU H1 chart. I'm just using the default settings. If you want to give me the EA you're using with you're settings I will forward test on FXDD and post the results.

rptrader

I'm using the Blessing 2 v5[1].2BBStoch1.

As I test each setting I rename it so I can keep track of them. So on my charts it won't say Blessing 2 v5[1].2BBStoch1 but Mod3stoch20Dev2....

or whatever I'm testing at that time.

Any setting that shows an improvement gets a hard file and notes are kept, then when I've gone through a complete scan of the setting I note where the improvements came from. Then It's a matter of combining different improvements to see which settings are compatible with each other. After that I now have a new setting (same version) in which to go through the whole process over and over again until I can find no more improvements and it's as "sharp" as I can get it. I'd say I'm about half done with the 5 min setting.

I DON'T go for net profit, but SAFETY.

You see I know indicators only RECORD what they are designed to do, therefore technical analysis "cannot" be "wrong" or I hear novice traders say that Tecnical analysis doesn't work, -how can a RECORDING of what happened be "wrong?" What doesn't work is the persons understanding of how everything relates to one another. It's it's own language if you will...

You simply have to find the right formula combination that work and compliment each other together. I think there are alot of very good EA's out there but sadly enough people just don't know how to "tune" them.

That's my bag and that's all that I'm doing here is trying to find how everything interacts and then "teach" the EA to "read" whatever pair it likes. You can't make the market or indicators DO anything, you have to let them TELL YOU. That is why I keep a hard folder of everything I do and what it does. You "walk the charts" noticing how it trades, strengths and weaknesses.

It's a HUGE pain in the azz, but it's the only way to learn the language of how they "talk" between themselves.

Take the Blessing 2 v5[1].2BBStoch1 DEFAULT setting and run a backtest on EUR/CHF in a 5 min chart for 6 months. You'll get a Net of about $5,300.00 with a Max DD of 15%+. There's your BENCHMARK.

Now change only the multiplier from 1.4 to 1.5, {backtest] then 1.3 , 1.2 , and 1.1 and you'll see 1.1 gives the improvement, a Net of about $6200.00 but still a Max DD about 15%+.

Now run a another backtest and change also the Stochastic setting from 9 [3-25 each with a backtest and record results everytime] you'll see 20 gives the improvement and you'll get about a Net of $7,536.00 Max DD 10.33%

The multiplier didn't affect the MaxDD much at all, but the Stochastic did, and by knowing this we just made it "sharper."

Now armed with that knowledge it's onto the next set of scans and what they do. -note everything ~

Please forgive the long post, but if I can teach a couple people how to do this I am only multipling my efforts and helping us as a whole. There are endless combinations and settings, but there is a LOGICAL way to go about getting the best "hot" settings out of them, but it takes work. After a while you start to know where to look to improve whatever it is you want to improve.

I hope this helps and answers your questions.

I am also testing a 1 min setting, but so far the 5 min setting runs safer but the 1 min does have a sweet 4.02 max DD, but still isn't worth running as the 5 min beats it when multiplied out, but I'm far from down with those scans.

I do believe that a profitable setting can be reached in the 5 min chart on EUR/CHF, the others crashed. The PATTERN and the way it trades is very good with that pair.

That's where I'm at and some of what I do when I walk the charts.

Happy trading!

Chart ~

chartwalker:
I'm using the Blessing 2 v5[1].2BBStoch1.

As I test each setting I rename it so I can keep track of them. So on my charts it won't say Blessing 2 v5[1].2BBStoch1 but Mod3stoch20Dev2....

or whatever I'm testing at that time.

Any setting that shows an improvement gets a hard file and notes are kept, then when I've gone through a complete scan of the setting I note where the improvements came from. Then It's a matter of combining different improvements to see which settings are compatible with each other. After that I now have a new setting (same version) in which to go through the whole process over and over again until I can find no more improvements and it's as "sharp" as I can get it. I'd say I'm about half done with the 5 min setting.

I DON'T go for net profit, but SAFETY.

You see I know indicators only RECORD what they are designed to do, therefore technical analysis "cannot" be "wrong" or I hear novice traders say that Tecnical analysis doesn't work, -how can a RECORDING of what happened be "wrong?" What doesn't work is the persons understanding of how everything relates to one another. It's it's own language if you will...

You simply have to find the right formula combination that work and compliment each other together. I think there are alot of very good EA's out there but sadly enough people just don't know how to "tune" them.

That's my bag and that's all that I'm doing here is trying to find how everything interacts and then "teach" the EA to "read" whatever pair it likes. You can't make the market or indicators DO anything, you have to let them TELL YOU. That is why I keep a hard folder of everything I do and what it does. You "walk the charts" noticing how it trades, strengths and weaknesses.

It's a HUGE pain in the azz, but it's the only way to learn the language of how they "talk" between themselves.

Take the Blessing 2 v5[1].2BBStoch1 DEFAULT setting and run a backtest on EUR/CHF in a 5 min chart for 6 months. You'll get a Net of about $5,300.00 with a Max DD of 15%+. There's your BENCHMARK.

Now change only the multiplier from 1.4 to 1.5, {backtest] then 1.3 , 1.2 , and 1.1 and you'll see 1.1 gives the improvement, a Net of about $6200.00 but still a Max DD about 15%+.

Now run a another backtest and change also the Stochastic setting from 9 [3-25 each with a backtest and record results everytime] you'll see 20 gives the improvement and you'll get about a Net of $7,536.00 Max DD 10.33%

The multiplier didn't affect the MaxDD much at all, but the Stochastic did, and by knowing this we just made it "sharper."

Now armed with that knowledge it's onto the next set of scans and what they do. -note everything ~

Please forgive the long post, but if I can teach a couple people how to do this I am only multipling my efforts and helping us as a whole. There are endless combinations and settings, but there is a LOGICAL way to go about getting the best "hot" settings out of them, but it takes work. After a while you start to know where to look to improve whatever it is you want to improve.

I hope this helps and answers your questions.

I am also testing a 1 min setting, but so far the 5 min setting runs safer but the 1 min does have a sweet 4.02 max DD, but still isn't worth running as the 5 min beats it when multiplied out, but I'm far from down with those scans.

I do believe that a profitable setting can be reached in the 5 min chart on EUR/CHF, the others crashed. The PATTERN and the way it trades is very good with that pair.

That's where I'm at and some of what I do when I walk the charts.

Happy trading!

Chart ~

Thanks a lot for such a detailed experiment. Can you pls share the template and settings to achieve the best results.

Have you tried in LIve account by any chance.

Thanks.

Prakash

Chart,

That is a great explanation. I now understand the logic on how to tweak things while backtesting. Thank you very much for the help.

rptrader

If someone wants to play around with the 1min settings I have taken it this far in a 2 week backtest of EUR/CHF when I last backtested it it did this:

Net: $624

Gross: $825

Max DD" 4.27%

Not too bad so far...

Alot of changes were made.

I have not forward tested this one yet, still working on the 5 min but if someone wants to test or tweak it here ya go ~

Please share your data.

SAME EA just different name from my testing.

Fifth Element did a fine piece of work IMO.

Chart

Files:
Reason: