Please fix this indicator or EA - page 76

mladen:
Uninitialize reason 3 is chart change (you changed time frame or symbol)

Uninitialize reason 5 is parameters changed by user

So there is nothing unusual in the way how the EA works

It still didnt work . i tried on 2 diff platforms..?

sachin_syd:
It still didnt work . i tried on 2 diff platforms..?

Judging from the picture you sent, it works. Check if you allowed it to trade at all

If it has a signal it will trade if it is allowed to trade (since it is working)

tito_xs:
hi, i have this indicator (downloaded from the something intersting section) which i found interesting and want to use it in my strategy.

i would like to ask if its possible to modify it a bit by adding a color option for the trend similar to the superTrend indicator. Green after an up arrow and red after the down arrow.

If possible give the color option for the user.

many thanks

regards

lurch_srv5.ex4

lurch_srv5.mq4

Is it possible to look at my request? or maybe it's not technically possible to acheive?

thanks in advance

tito_xs:
Is it possible to look at my request? or maybe it's not technically possible to acheive? thanks in advance

tito_xs

Here you go

Files:
lurch.gif  44 kb

mladen:
tito_xs Here you go

Mucha gracias sinor mladen

mladen:
Judging from the picture you sent, it works. Check if you allowed it to trade at all If it has a signal it will trade if it is allowed to trade (since it is working)

Ok i saw it go for a long on one pair cad jpy?? but didnt take the short?? Please check the codes.. please also add the mov avg filter and trailing sl Many Thanks !!

mladen:
Judging from the picture you sent, it works. Check if you allowed it to trade at all If it has a signal it will trade if it is allowed to trade (since it is working)

Dear Mladen, I need ur assistance in fixing this Ea. Please look into my request when possible. Thanks

sachin_syd:
Dear Mladen, I need ur assistance in fixing this Ea. Please look into my request when possible. Thanks

sachin_syd

Please read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general again. There is (as far as EA working) nothing wrong with it. It will take long and short positions (as before) and what you originally have asked if it can be done is made without altering the way how the EA worked (it is taking positions the same way as it was before)

If you would like it to work differently, please show us the rules and show us some forward testing results of those rules so that we can know that the changes in the Ea would mean an improvement of that existing EA (otherwise, what would be the meaning of those changes). Throwing together some rules without testing them first was never a good practice - neither in EA building nor in trading itself. Please provide us with some forward testing results that would show the profitability of what you are talking about

all the best

mladen:
sachin_syd

Please read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general again. There is (as far as EA working) nothing wrong with it. It will take long and short positions (as before) and what you originally have asked if it can be done is made without altering the way how the EA worked (it is taking positions the same way as it was before)

If you would like it to work differently, please show us the rules and show us some forward testing results of those rules so that we can know that the changes in the Ea would mean an improvement of that existing EA (otherwise, what would be the meaning of those changes). Throwing together some rules without testing them first was never a good practice - neither in EA building nor in trading itself. Please provide us with some forward testing results that would show the profitability of what you are talking about

all the best

I have the attached chart with yellow highlights as manual buy/sell setup where break of x number of bars filtered by purple mov avgs provides those opportunities on 5min. This is what I wanted to achieve with this EA. Manual trading for me is not possible due to work and action in US session during sleep. So basically, I was looking for couple of ma price cross filters, trailing stops, no more trade once tp/sl hit unless bar breakout in opposite direction, trading time selection.

I hope this is what u wanted me to prove as a credible strategy. Further improvements can come from other friends. Regards

Files:
untitled_2.png  72 kb

sachin_syd:
I have the attached chart with yellow highlights as manual buy/sell setup where break of x number of bars filtered by purple mov avgs provides those opportunities on 5min. This is what I wanted to achieve with this EA. Manual trading for me is not possible due to work and action in US session during sleep. So basically, I was looking for couple of ma price cross filters, trailing stops, no more trade once tp/sl hit unless bar breakout in opposite direction, trading time selection. I hope this is what u wanted me to prove as a credible strategy. Further improvements can come from other friends. Regards

No. What I wanted was to see a history of trading according to some precisely defined trading rules (so actual orders opened and closed for some period of time - ideal would be ate lest a week of forward testing to see the credibility of the defined rules on actual data).

all the best

Reason: