Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 features hedging position accounting system" - page 2

Finally ! best news of the year.

. I have tried so many alternatives, tools and nothing compared with Mt4.

I hope that, it does not require borker's changes - else, we would wait more . 

There's something I must not be grasping here. I don't see any overall benefit when it comes to hedging this way.
I mean, as I see it, the reason MQL5 never allowed hedging like this in the first place was because hedging a position by opening an opposite position is the same thing as simply closing the first one.

Why would a user prefer the "hedging system" to the "netting system"?

The only reason I could see for this implementation is more compatibility with brokers, somehow. Any insights here?

Diogo Seca:
There's something I must not be grasping here. I don't see any overall benefit when it comes to hedging this way.
I mean, as I see it, the reason MQL5 never allowed hedging like this in the first place was because hedging a position by opening an opposite position is the same thing as simply closing the first one.

The only reason I could see for this implementation is more compatibility with brokers, somehow. Any insights here?
Most MT4 traders are highly tied to the "hedging system", that's the only reason. (Just my own opinion).

I noticed with this beta build, there is new functionality in the tester; "every tick based on real ticks".

Is there a forum to discuss that? 

What happens if you use cloud computing to optimise based on that method and "the cloud" doesn't either have 1) that build of MT5 or 2) the tick data that my platform had to download to run this setting - despite running the other settings prior. 

Also, is there a planned release date for this beta; how long is the usual cycle from beta to wider production?

Thanks 

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

Jeremy Roach:

I noticed with this beta build, there is new functionality in the tester; "every tick based on real ticks".

Is there a forum to discuss that? 

Maybe Russian forum ?

any idea When it will be delivered for production ?

does it require some change in the broker ?

Diogo Seca:

yes, the definition of hedging is exactly that one... but this does not mean that you are going to use it that way

there are many strategies you may set up via hedging

and I think this is the reason why many people will never be so willing to switch

Alain Verleyen:
Most MT4 traders are highly tied to the "hedging system", that's the only reason. (Just my own opinion).
I see one great advantage when trading different time frames. On the netting system it was necessary to keep virtual positions on each time frame, virtual stop loss and take profit orders, etc. That was a lot of work. I could be long on EURUSD on H1, short on H8 and long on D1 all with different stop loss levels and there was no easy way to handle that with the netting system. With the possibility of closing different positions on the same currency that problem is solved and trading on the way I described on the same currency is a lot easier.

Rodrigo Silva Cosme:
I see one great advantage when trading different time frames. On the netting system it was necessary to keep virtual positions on each time frame, virtual stop loss and take profit orders, etc. That was a lot of work. I could be long on EURUSD on H1, short on H8 and long on D1 all with different stop loss levels and there was no easy way to handle that with the netting system. With the possibility of closing different positions on the same currency that problem is solved and trading on the way I described on the same currency is a lot easier.
Of course, that's a lot easier.

hi,

i prefer original mt5. 

Reason: