MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal - page 12

beppi:
Hi GreatYves,

open a Live-Account with AlpariRU and don't fund it.

Put the signals by hand into a funded OANDA-Live Account on a 10 second chart with Heiken Ashi and Bollinger Bands, then you be happy with the great scalping capabilities!

Then you have the best Forex Data Feed that i know!

On Demo-Accounts Alpari use many servers for the Data feed and changes the server connection all the time.

Therefore the connection is not very stable.

Good profits from germany

beppi

Thanks for the tip!!!

MT4 to MB Bridge

There are some good MT4 bridges out there now and most can be customized to suit your needs. Don't look for an "MT4 Broker". Instead, just look for a good broker. If they don't offer MT4, you should be able to configure a bridge. There are many talented MT4 coders that can help if you don't know how...

Here is a link to a few of the bridges out there:

Forex Software

When is this MT5 beta test opened for public? (anyone got info on this?)

i want to try to convert my MT4 EAs for MT5

Some additional info regarding some of the posts in this thread : according to information we have (unofficial for the moment, but trustworthy) metaTrader 5 will be available for testing in October

Maybe it is time to slowly (as a kind of "preparing step") we start talking about some of the novelties MT5 is going to have.

This time just about one of the features that almost every coder that made anything in MQL 4 was nagging and complaining about : from the (Russian) help files and from information I have learned so far about MQL5, there will be no more 8 buffer limit. So, we are going to be able to draw on charts as much as our hearts wish (styles extended too, but about that some other time).

One more "eternal nagging theme" is going to be obsolete too : one of the new internal indicators is iADXWilder, so the need to use custom indicator in order to achieve what other trading platforms already have, is going to vanish regarding ADX

In the list of added new "built in" indicators there are also AMA, FRAMA, TEMA, TRIX, VIDyA ...

MT5 tester optimization

I'm about to buy a new desktop computer, suitable for optimization of EA. MT4 can only utilize one processor/kernel for that purpose. Is there any info on MT5, will it support multiple cores?

Concretely, would a dual core processor do just as fine as a (more expensive) multi-core CPU?

kiasom:
I'm about to buy a new desktop computer, suitable for optimization of EA. MT4 can only utilize one processor/kernel for that purpose. Is there any info on MT5, will it support multiple cores? Concretely, would a dual core processor do just as fine as a (more expensive) multi-core CPU?

As far as I'm aware, there is still embargo in place for the newest technologies to Russia. So I would not count for supporting of multicores.

kiasom:
I'm about to buy a new desktop computer, suitable for optimization of EA. MT4 can only utilize one processor/kernel for that purpose. Is there any info on MT5, will it support multiple cores? Concretely, would a dual core processor do just as fine as a (more expensive) multi-core CPU?

I heard MT5 will implement multi threading.

Software only use threads, it doesn't care whether it runs on multi cores or dual cores, the Operating System is the one responsible for supporting those hardwares and optimize threading using it

Addamz,

I need more precise information than that MT5 will use multi-threading. Already MT4 uses that for different functions, according to Multiquotes support.

The question is whether the optimization package in MT5 will use multi-threading internally. Optimization is pretty slow in MT4, you know...

History trading simulation

Is MT5 going to have the possibility of history trading simulation? using vHandsTrade by Komposter is not very fun (due to some bugs). This feature should be implemented

Thanks

carllos:
Is MT5 going to have the possibility of history trading simulation? using vHandsTrade by Komposter is not very fun (due to some bugs). This feature should be implemented Thanks

If you can get your hands on some tick data, backtesting in MT4 is basically the same thing. You just have to make sure that it is "tick" data and not just historical price data. I have some older data files, but there are several places to get new data (usually for free). Metatrader tick data files are very large, so some forums and blogs charge a small fee to cover bandwidth.

Reason: