ADX, RSI & ATR strategy - page 7

Jova, its quite easy. you open the basic indicator tab and drag the RSI indicator on an existing RSI window. thats it !

Convert into NN EA

I'm going to turn this into a NN EA, slightly modified to keep track of accumulation/distribution a little better, and not by using A/D indicator.

I already designed it on paper, now I'm coding it, it's like 85% done. It may be ready by later today.

It only uses two of the rules from this manual trading system, and one of them very loosely. I've added some things to keep track of accumulation and distribution. You can watch the NN calculating the thresholds and you can watch the price action live, I've included a threshold summary in the information panel.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179773

hi,

thanks very much for initially posting the ADX/RSI/ATR which sounded like it had a good basis - so I just backtested the original version (posted on 02-28-2009) on the last couple of years of GBPUSD-15m (Sep 2009 - Sep 2011) in MT4 and it's quite impressive, it basically takes off screaming downhill with a loss rate almost as high as one of my own EAs.. Looks therefore like some tuning may likely be needed. In the time since you posted it, have you (or anyone else) played around with adding additional trend indicators, as well as including different timeframes (or any other improvements?). If there's a new version of the EA around then I'd be happy to take a look and help out with seeing if its performance can in fact be improved somewhat.

Thanks also to - I really like the idea of a NN EA and your approach sounded great, so I downloaded your PinnacleNN EA and tried backtesting it in MT4 on EURUSD-15m (and other pairs) but it's giving a bunch of OrderSend error 130 messages (and in looking through the code it's not immediately evident what the issue is, since that part of the code seems fine so it may be related to the values of one or more of the parameters being passed to these orders, and I've not yet delved into it to see which parameter might be the offending one) - have you or anyone else played further with this in the meantime and might there be a more recent version that I could perhaps take a look at and help out with?

Many thanks in advance for a response from anyone on either of the above! (while recognizing that this thread is stale - hopefully we may yet be able to breathe some life back into it)

130 OrderSend Errors

A lot of order send 130 errors are caused by Stop Buy or Sell orders having an entry price too close to the Bid. The error also occurs frequently with Stop Loss adjustments where the new stop loss price is too close to the Bid. For Stop Losses, try the average of the original and error values, if it gets a 130, either sell or leave the SL at the original price. Same for TP's.

While Metatrader has a parameter value to identify the pad size, some brokers, FXCM for example, do not support it and return a zero.

Hope it helps.

Tzuman:
A lot of order send 130 errors are caused by Stop Buy or Sell orders having an entry price too close to the Bid. The error also occurs frequently with Stop Loss adjustments where the new stop loss price is too close to the Bid. For Stop Losses, try the average of the original and error values, if it gets a 130, either sell or leave the SL at the original price. Same for TP's.

While Metatrader has a parameter value to identify the pad size, some brokers, FXCM for example, do not support it and return a zero.

Hope it helps.

Hi and thanks for the reply, yes I've subsequently had a bit of time to dig into the code and this issue is caused by the "Point" function being used in the ordersend calls - this should be 0.0001 for EURUSD but instead it's 10x smaller at 0.00001 (my broker gives quotes to 5 decimal places so evidently "Point" is picking this up) hence the SL/TP values are much too close to the order and indeed it then gives the error 130. Anyway forcibly setting this to the correct value of 0.0001 then works just fine and the orders are opened successfully... and the EA then runs screaming downhill at a pretty solid and constant loss rate and doesn't really ever look back (on the EURUSD-15m which was what the initial post used, and for about the past year), so it likely needs some finessing. Have you had success with getting this particular NN EA working so far in backtesting? (or a tuned-up version of the ADX/RSI/ATR EA instead perhaps?)

i always like adx. complete indicator for me.

it can give clear signals. trend and no trend.

thanks for this strategy. good work

thx for the strategy, will surely try it.

hisch:
i always like adx. complete indicator for me.

it can give clear signals. trend and no trend.

thanks for this strategy. good work

you are absolutely right. i like it too. i will try this strategy.

greeting

jbo

Reason: