ADX, RSI & ATR strategy - page 3

no, just make chart itself you want to post not that wide (unless it nessessary to be wide)

and blue - set to RoyalBlue or other color - for posts purposes

btw. few atr channels (SL) and adx slite mode (separate adx and di settings)

few more (might be helpfull tools)

Thanks will try and resize all the images to make them easier to view. I've got the colours set as red and blue, but they become faded when I convert to jpeg. Will try different colours and resize them.

Thanks for the indicators will have a look and see what how I can fit that in with what I have. Am currently trying to build a neural network in matlab to add a decent up down filter to it. I've got access to a Cray mainframe at uni and it would be a shame not to try and build a network while I have that access. Will let you know what I come up with. Thanks again.

Btw the ADX results with no RSI looks like it would make a useful scalping strategy, seems to show lots of trading signals roughly in the right direction. Maybe with a small TP and a tight SL it might be profitable. Here's my tester results from the ADX RSI EA with Stochastic and OsMA filters showing 6400+ pips profit over about 4months. It gets less accurate in February but i think if I were running it live I would have re-optimized in January.

Files:

cool, but nothing wrong wuth rsi (rsi and adx ) 2rsi's - like double woodie cci - not bad also

with this syst.test indi (posted earlier) it just easier to visualise and research best setups, patterns, entry points and conditions

adx good base by itself, plus sharp rsi for pinpoint entries and divers, atr (channels or...) 4 stops - you good to go + all chart clean 4 your trendlines, SR levels, pivots, marks, etc (4 exits and position managing! + everybody's personal favorite toys...) : )))))

p.s. with other indis i believe results will be very close (or it will be another system) - rsi is not bad - why not work it out as in original idea (setup) -its never good to jump from one to another

fxbs:
cool, but nothing wrong wuth rsi (rsi and adx ) 2rsi's - p.s. with other indis i believe results will be very close (or it will be another system) - rsi is not bad - why not work it out as in original idea (setup) -its never good to jump from one to another

Yeah I've had that problem; I will develop a few strategies at the same time mainly based on ADX and never set fixed rules for one strategy. Have modified a CCI indicator for one of them. I like ADX it seems to give accurate signals when used with appropriate filters and doesn't lag like MA indicators.

Sorry I run at 1280x1080 because it lets me view more on my graaphs. I also have two monitors so it doesnt ever bother me. Would it not be easier to switch your resolution to 1280 or above (I would run at 1600x1200 if I could see the writing easily) than to constantly scroll back and forth? Just a suggestion.

That looks very similar to the results I got with the first few version of my EA. I weighted the buy signals rather than wait for all signals to line up and added a stochastic and OsMA filter and got these results. Dunno how to make the blue appear more visible when I convert to jpeg it lightens the colour for some reason.

Files:
tester10.gif  57 kb

I'm not sure what your questions is but the first two signals are from all three indicators; the DI lines cross with ADX >20 and both RSI's have pulled back from previously being overbought for the first trade and oversold for the second. The third trade 5 RSI, ADX and DI are giving buy signals but 21 RSI isnt. I opened a buy position for 0.5 lots rather than 1 because it was a weak signal. If you look before that the 21 period RSI has stayed roughly between 45-55 and the market has remained relatively flat. The 5 period RSI however has continued to vary sometimes breaking the OB/OS lines. If you look at where the 5 period RSI crosses back below 70 or above 30 the signal from the ADX is showing the opposite signal. Either ADX-DI with 5 RSI showing overbought or vice versa. Hence I stayed out of the trade till the signals lined up from the ADX and 5 RSI. I've attached a picture that explains the period between the 2nd and 3rd trade.

There's scope to make an EA that uses a buy weighting from each of the indicator signals and then only trades when the buy signal reaches a certain percentage of the total buy weightings. The EA I'm testing now uses a couple of other indicators as filters and then calculates a buy signal based on the sum of signal weightings from the various indicators. So far its proved quite useful. This thread just outlines where I started from. It started off very simple, two indicators for signal and one for stop loss and is now 4 indicators for signal and one stop loss with a variable lot system based on my win/loss ratio. I'm also working on a way to automatically detect ranging/trending/flat conditions and then set appropriate values for the various indicators. This is proving to be more difficult than I expected.

Files:
tester7.gif  48 kb

The last trade was a weak buy, the blue line is the 5 day rsi and the yellow the 21 day RSI. If you look at 5 day RSI it dips down below 30 then pulls sharply back up, ADX is above 20 and starting to rise and at the same time +DI is increasing above -DI. This is easier to see if you go to the 30M and 15M charts, where it is already showing signs of recovery. I entered a buy risking 1% rather than the standard 2%. Before that ADX is falling or below 20-25 (my optimizations for the EA ive built show ADX should be somewhere between 18 and 26), both of which prevent me entering trades. This helps to eliminate whipsaw. If you notice ADX hovers around the 20 signal level. This makes me think that the market is about to enter a ranging period and I wont trade till it starts to show increasing trend strength.

Looking at the smaller time-frame charts is part of the filters, on the first and third trade ADX was falling on the 1H chart but rising on the 30M & 15M charts. This helped to identify a lot of false signals between the trades as well. This pic is the first results from a simple EA based on the above. It currently is using a stop and reverse strategy because its not closing the orders properly. Also I havent coded the part to check 30M and 15M time-frames yet, hence it enters a few trades incorrectly.

Files:
tester.gif  29 kb

well, it still lags, though in a bit different way, (adx 14 = ma14 of di (pdi+mdi); and di= ma14 of raw di - twice ma smoozing) but there is ways deal with and good indi overall

Reason: