PiNNacle - a Neural Network EA

This is a three-layer forward feeding NN EA. Attach it to any chart, I recommend the 15 min of your favorite currency pair. It works on every tick of data.

It works on one timeframe of data, the chart you attach it to. If you use it on more than one chart at a time please change the MagicNumber to something unique.

There is only one thing I recommend changing - thresholds for opening a new order: 0.680, 0.780, 1.000

(Athough before you start adjusting it, please try the stock setting of 0.680 first.)

The standard setting is 0.680, I don't recommend going any lower than that for opening a new order. The higher numbers are for stronger trades but it will trade less often.

You can watch the NN at work calculating the thresholds for you because I have included a small summary in the information panel.

I added a picture of how I designed the NN. I didn't use a computer program or a wizard or anything like that. I used a blank piece of printer paper and a pencil.

Files:

It closed on a 29 pip after spread profit while I was just trying to make that screenshot for you guys, heh. Anyway, have fun!

nittany1:
This is a three-layer forward feeding NN EA. Attach it to any chart, I recommend the 15 min of your favorite currency pair. It works on every tick of data.

It works on one timeframe of data, the chart you attach it to. If you use it on more than one chart at a time please change the MagicNumber to something unique.

There is only one thing I recommend changing - thresholds for opening a new order: 0.680, 0.780, 1.000

(Athough before you start adjusting it, please try the stock setting of 0.680 first.)

The standard setting is 0.680, I don't recommend going any lower than that for opening a new order. The higher numbers are for stronger trades but it will trade less often.

You can watch the NN at work calculating the thresholds for you because I have included a small summary in the information panel.

Thank you very much by your colaboration nittany1!

There's no need to optmize this one?

No need to optimize this one, the only thing you need to do is choose an open order threshold. The three levels are above and signify how strong of a trade you want to let it get itself into.

The neat thing is to watch the thresholds as it's calculating. Right now I'm running it using 100% default settings with OrderOPEN at 0.68, all the other weights were determined by NN modeling in other software, then I hard coded it into the NN.

On the information panel you'll see:

OPEN: 0.68 - shows what your open threshold is

CLOSE: 0.3 - shows what your close threshold is, I don't recommend changing that

BUY: 0.XXXX - what the current buy value is

SELL: 0.XXXX - what the current sell value is

As the ticks go by you can watch the BUY and SELL values change, trades are triggered when the set thresholds are passed. I'm going to add a jpeg to the included files so you can see the neural network's design.

Backtesting?

Is it possible to do?

nittany1:
No need to optimize this one, the only thing you need to do is choose an open order threshold. The three levels are above and signify how strong of a trade you want to let it get itself into.

The neat thing is to watch the thresholds as it's calculating. Right now I'm running it using 100% default settings with OrderOPEN at 0.68, all the other weights were determined by NN modeling in other software, then I hard coded it into the NN.

On the information panel you'll see:

OPEN: 0.68 - shows what your open threshold is

CLOSE: 0.3 - shows what your close threshold is, I don't recommend changing that

BUY: 0.XXXX - what the current buy value is

SELL: 0.XXXX - what the current sell value is

As the ticks go by you can watch the BUY and SELL values change, trades are triggered when the set thresholds are passed. I'm going to add a jpeg to the included files so you can see the neural network's design.

Good work

Thank you very much for sharing this EA. I've been

looking for something a little different and this fills

the bill perfectly. Can't wait to get it going.

Rob

No problem. I wish you the best of luck in all your trades!

so, how do i know which threshold to use?

Use the stock setting of 0.68 unless you want it to trade on a stronger threshold, 0.78 is the next level up. You can try 1.00 if you want too but it only sees that maybe once a week. 0.68 is standard, 0.78 is mid-level and 1.00 is the strongest trade when all the indicators are heading in that direction including money flow index.

At default settings and a M15 chart, what kind of trading

frequency can we expect with this EA?

Rob

Maybe 3 trades a day on a good day. It's hard to say what's going to happen in the future.

Reason: