ADX, RSI & ATR strategy - page 2

aelimian:
How do you get the day RSI unto the hour chart? Or better still include your template. Thanks

Sorry I meant 5 hour and 21 hour RSI. Here's a pic of the EAs first trade running in live mode.

Files:
tester5.bmp  1607 kb

good news ! you build an EA on this strategy, could you post backtest statement ?

im running an optimization at the moment, when thats done ill run a backtest. The last backtest I did and the best optimization results show 8000+ profit trading fixed 0.1 lots from a 10,000 initial balance. Scores about 45%-55% accuracy depending on the settings but it makes about 5:1 profit/loss ratio. To be honest thou backtests aren't a proof of future accuracy. Hence I'm running it live to see if it will be accurate over the next few months. Here's a pic showing the indicator signals.

Files:
tester6.bmp  1607 kb

Interesting,

Following your experience, what about drop down ? Do you have a special tip/indicator for avoiding huge drop down in this system ?

I use ATR to set a stop usually 2 times the ATR value. So if the ATR is 0.5 and the entry price was 140.00, the SL would be place at 141.00. This helps to keep drawdown low while keeping me in trades that might prove profitable. Another method I use is setting a stop loss that's equivalent to 1-2% of my balance. On backtest it draws down about 12-16& using the ATR strategy which I'm happy with. Hoping to improve the accuracy with the addition of another filter.

Just a quick update, the EA has still got its first trade open currently at 450+ pips in 5 days. At no point was the trade in a losing position either, check out GBP/JPY graph.

Buy Signals

21 & 5 day RSI breaking thru 30 from below

ADX > 20 and rising & +DI rising above -DI

Close when 21 day RSI falls thru 70 having been above previously

mrwobbles:
The last trade was a weak buy, the blue line is the 5 day rsi and the yellow the 21 day RSI. If you look at 5 day RSI it dips down below 30 then pulls sharply back up, ADX is above 20 and starting to rise and at the same time +DI is increasing above -DI. This is easier to see if you go to the 30M and 15M charts, where it is already showing signs of recovery. I entered a buy risking 1% rather than the standard 2%. Before that ADX is falling or below 20-25 (my optimizations for the EA ive built show ADX should be somewhere between 18 and 26), both of which prevent me entering trades. This helps to eliminate whipsaw. If you notice ADX hovers around the 20 signal level. This makes me think that the market is about to enter a ranging period and I wont trade till it starts to show increasing trend strength.

mtf_xo_a.mq4

https://www.forex-tsd.com/attachments/suggestions-trading-systems/79039 -adx-rsi-atr-strategy-adxrsistrat1.jpg

about rsi: - first signal (entry) both rsi cross obos level (30); second and following - only fast rsi (5) crosses level (pullbacks reentry)?

Files:
adxrsistrat.jpg  198 kb

systARA_ adx_rsi2_sigAlert_test01.mq4 (rules post1) Buy Signals

21 & 5 day RSI breaking thru 30 from below

ADX > 20 and rising & +DI rising above -DI

few teststing conditions:

//ara1sigtest rsi1crossOBldn

//ara2sigtest adxup

//ara3sigtest rsi1crossOSlup||rsi2crossOSlup

//x rsi1crossOBlup && RSI10>RSI20 && RSI20>50 && adxup

//x1 RSI10>RSI_OSlv && RSI10>RSI11 && adxup

//x2 rsi1cross2up && RSI20>50 && adxup

few notes : don't know where you getting your charts - on my rsi21 made about 5 obos crosses this year : )))) what else it does?

rsi5 cross OSlevel up (reverse4sell)- completelly blocked by adx; w or w/o adx - going in this oboss crosses direction you constantly on countertrend

btw -in your charts - adx blue line basically invisible

also - with such wide pictures - i see, you don't have to scroll each line to read the posts - but who has regular screens -do; (probably many people like me -getting pissed off at about 5-th line and that's it - reading is over

Reason: