Trigg'3dTrSys Signals - page 5

demons19:
Its made a very nice comeback the last 2 weeks.....I see a few of the signalers have disappeared, will you be hanging in there? I am using your signals on a micro account and its made about 15-20% since I began.....hope you dont disappear too!

I do not disappear myself from signaling Trigg'3dTrSys and Trigg'3dComTrSys. Even the oldest one, with closed subscription is still active as long as there are open trades.

Margin call on low account size

Hi,

I just signed up for your signal end of last week. I tried it on a micro demo account of $500, that is all I have on my Real micro account. I had an amazing $73 (14% or about 730 pips) gain in one day but it opened too many trades (about 35) and on Sunday my demo account had a margin call after about 3500 pip draw down. I set the EA variable buyer_lots_max_per_trade as 10 thinking it will only open 10 trades at a time. Is there anyway to take advantage of your EA with a small account size?

I was looking into pausing individual currency symbols but I still wanted to test all the symbols on my demo account as well.

Thank you,

Alex

I am not the expert but $500 is too small to run this EA......I opened a $3000 micro account and have seen drawdowns of $800 thus far. That would be 8000 pips which seems fairly substancial to me. But I am pleased to report that my micro now sits at $3814 with a $14 drawdown currently. It seems if you are properly capitalized it can make money. JMO thus far.

demons19,

Thanks for your reply. How long have you been subscribing to Trigg'3dTrSys' Signals. Is the 8000 pip drawdown typical? On the Rent A Signal website Trigg'3dTrSys states: The recommended amount to open standard account is 50000$, to open mini account is 5000$. This trading system uses fixed lot size of 0.01, trades both long and short on the currencies

I figured that for micro account $500 would be sufficient. I'm just trying to take advantage of Trigg'3dTrSys' signals now, while I still have $500 left. Lost my account many times from manual trading.

I actually thought of closing some of the winning trades manually but thought I'd let it run it's course. Had to start another demo now with $1000 micro account.

Alex

I have been using the signals for 2 weeks so I am pretty impressed that it made $800 on a micro account.

I have no idea if the 8000 pip drawdown is normal or not, I hope not. But in all fairness, when I had that DD, it had already banked some pips (3000-4000)so maybe it was not a true 8000 DD.....It may have been 4000-5000 at worst and it did recover. I was looking at the current open trades to come up with the 8000 pips down.

I would not even try a real micro with 1K.....3K minimum to handle the DD. I know it says 50K/standard, 5K mini but I think you need more. Despite some success, I am afraid to use it on my mini account with 16K in it.

I think my $3000 micro did drop as low as $2600 or 4000+ pips down. If someone starts out and immediately goes into drawdown, its a big problem. Thats why I would start small and make sure you have enough to handle the drawdowns.

demons19,

I really appreciate your help with this. Because I can't do anything about increasing my Real account for now I'm going to try and disable most of the currency and let it only trade a few until I have enough. Good luck to us both.

Alex

I hate to tell you this but disabling certain currencies might not work.....because for me, the the majority of the drawdown was with 1 currency. There is no way to predict ahead of time which one might cause you the most grief. For me, I have seen GBPUSD, EURUSD, and USDCHF. You might disable winners and keep the ones who go into DD next.

FAST 4x:
demons19,

Thanks for your reply. How long have you been subscribing to Trigg'3dTrSys' Signals. Is the 8000 pip drawdown typical? On the Rent A Signal website Trigg'3dTrSys states: The recommended amount to open standard account is 50000$, to open mini account is 5000$. This trading system uses fixed lot size of 0.01, trades both long and short on the currencies

I figured that for micro account $500 would be sufficient. I'm just trying to take advantage of Trigg'3dTrSys' signals now, while I still have $500 left. Lost my account many times from manual trading.

I actually thought of closing some of the winning trades manually but thought I'd let it run it's course. Had to start another demo now with $1000 micro account.

Alex

The recommended amount to open standard account is 50000$, to open mini account is 5000$. This trading system uses fixed lot size of 0.01, trades both long and short on the currencies.

I mean to recommend that standard account uses 0.01 standard lotsizes (0.01 * 100K = $1000) and that mini account uses 0.01 mini lotsizes (0.01 * 10K = $100). I use IBFX broker, it has different lotsizes for standard and mini account.

In other words, opening a mini account using 0.01 standard lotsizes is actually 10 times bigger risk than I recommend.... In this case I would use only 1 currency instead of all currencies together.

$500 mini account (using 0.01 mini lotsizes) is recommended to open only trades of 1 currency.

Jeff

Jeff,

I guess I'll start slow with 1 pair for now. I'll pick the pair with the lowest drawdown and start it on my real account by end of this week.

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Jeff,

I hope you did not pick the gbp......we are currently in the largest drawdown that I have seen with this EA. About $1100 on a micro which is 11,000 pips!

The gbpjpy is about 4000 of those pips....gbpusd is another 3000.

It will be interesting to see if it can fight back

Reason: