100-300 Pips Per Day Any Pair Any Timeframe Using 2 Indicators - page 97

what method do you use to determine support and resistance? MAs? BBs? or TL?

S&r

iamloco:
what method do you use to determine support and resistance? MAs? BBs? or TL?

I go to daily chart and find areas where price was strongly held on a number of occasions, then draw a horizontal line.

Cheers,

Mike

emcs^2:
I totally agree Mike, Nial Fuller is another one of the "no-indicator" forex teachers. I really have gotten a lot of value out of his price action videos and articles. I think the fact that he basically condenses his strategy down to master just 3 simple setups really makes trading much easier. I have seen a significant turn around in my trading since following his methods. Go over to youtube and watch some of his free stuff if you are interested.

Hi mc,

Ok, thanks for your suggestion - will take a look.

Cheers,

Mike

horizontal lines are static and deceiving

blott203:
I go to daily chart and find areas where price was strongly held on a number of occasions, then draw a horizontal line.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,

the market is a live entity, but everyone treats it like it is dead. Horizontal lines take into account the price factor, but not the time factor. They are useful to identify the area where support/resistance should be found, but they will never pinpoint an exact entry point. In my experience, depending on which level is hit by the price, H4 and H1 are more important than daily, and if one of the H1 and/or H4 is broken, then the next M1 resistance/support will stop the undergoing move, reverse it, and send it back to at least retest those H1 or H4 support/ resistance lines.

I'm attaching a couple of pics of a H1 time frame I took after my first post here at forex-tsd.

The first one shows where I placed the first limit order to sell, right at the dotted aqua line (#3). The next expected turning point is at the #2 dotted aqua line, and the next one yet expected turning point is at the #1 dotted aqua line. I took each one of these trades, even if they were against the main trend. The next picture shows what happened next.

Now, I do not want to clog this tread with my charts, so, if you need more examples, feel free to pm or email me.

For those that emailed me, I'm sorry, but I cannot disclose my methodology because I sold the rights few years ago.

regards,

Pio

Need a little help

I downloaded all the files but i don't see anything-where is the MACD? I put everything un the right place (and i saw it o.k last month) but now after i reinstall MetaTrader4 i can't see the indicators-why?

MP -- save the template

did you name and save the template --- if so, it should be under "templates" which is reached by rite click on chart and drop down box

if not, then do it all over and SAVE the template as MT4 will normally continue to use an UN saved template until "something" changes, like re-installing the program.

enjoy and trade well

mp

TAL1983:
I downloaded all the files but i don't see anything-where is the MACD? I put everything un the right place (and i saw it o.k last month) but now after i reinstall MetaTrader4 i can't see the indicators-why?

ad777777:
i had problems with adx and mack d..................., now just use murrary math at extremes -1/8 and +1/8.wait for3s..working out so far......dont know how to send charts................

FX AUTO 0403756 ? INTRODUCING BROKER REGISTERED

? NFA MEMBER APPROVED

? COMMODITY TRADING ADVISOR REGISTERED

The Dow finished above 10,000 for the first time since late June as investors had second thoughts about the heavy selling in the stock market during the last two weeks.fx-doris

In currencies, the dollar rose to 88.38 yen from 87.76 yen in New York late Wednesday. fx-doris The euro climbed to $1.2668 from $1.2633.by fx-doris.com

Benchmark crude for August delivery was up 73 cents to $74.80 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract rose $2.09 to settle at $74.07 on Wednesday.

Sentiment turned upbeat across Asia after the Dow Jones industrial average surged 274.66 points, or 2.8 percent, to 10,018.28 on Wednesday. The State Street profit forecast boosted financial stocks and relieved some of the worries about the upcoming quarterly earnings season.

Yet analysts cautioned that markets are likely to stay volatile as significant doubts remain about the durability of the global economic recovery. by fx-doris.comThere are signs from Europe to Asia to the U.S. that growth is slowing and some fear a repeat of last year's recession.

Japan's benchmark Nikkei 225 stock index jumped 247.56 points, or 2.7 percent, to 9,527.21 and South Korea's Kospi added 1.2 percent, to 1,695.75. Australia's S&P/ASX 200 was up 1.9 percent at 4,333.70.

Elsewhere, Hong Kong's Hang Seng index climbed 1.5 percent to 20,144.40. Benchmarks in Singapore, Indonesia and Taiwan were also higher while China's Shanghai Composite Index dropped slightly.

mp6140:
did you name and save the template --- if so, it should be under "templates" which is reached by rite click on chart and drop down box

if not, then do it all over and SAVE the template as MT4 will normally continue to use an UN saved template until "something" changes, like re-installing the program.

enjoy and trade well

mp

Why i need to name the file? i just download it and put in "template" folder-no?

I don't use any indicators, I strictly trade off price action setups. I learned from Nial Fuller. I think some of you may want to look into this method of trading. It is much less stressful and more accurate than indicators. Here is a link to Nial's stuff: Trading Price Action

Price.. charts.. microstructure.. indicators.. math..

Reason: