100-300 Pips Per Day Any Pair Any Timeframe Using 2 Indicators - page 10

shoot, just make 10 pips a day and you'll be a millionaire in no time

Is it the right timing for the short ?

Files:
aa.gif  65 kb

joesmoe:
fallingsaints,

That's awsome. Don't mess with what Isn't broken. 91 pips is great. 20-30 pips is great. Just keep it steady no reason to try to make more pips. If you are consistant with your trades then you can always change your lot size. Winning more often then loosing is better the trying to get as many pips as you can. Money management will come into play after you see what your percentage of winning verses loosing is.

JS

Thanks JS, can't help but to be greedy . I should really keep that in mind, been trading for awhile, but have yet to bring in enough income to quit my job, hope to be able to do that in a year or two.

Just one question, JS. Does spreads matter or do you trade on any pair?

Cheers

Hi Joesmoe, thanks for system (v2/h1 timeframe) which I tried yesterday/today on demo account and looks promising as you said there is only problem when to exit Last couple of trades I went with Stoploss 30 and Takeprofit 60, and wit trailing stop 15-25. I think there were better results if I monitored every single one, but hey works good as is. My problem is when I go with stoploss 15 pips that in 1/3 of trades hit stoploss. I like it and I will play more on demo for now. What do you think to start with $500 on live, 0.1 lots?

Thx.

Alt

altoronto:
Hi Joesmoe, thanks for system (v2/h1 timeframe) which I tried yesterday/today on demo account and looks promising as you said there is only problem when to exit Last couple of trades I went with Stoploss 30 and Takeprofit 60, and wit trailing stop 15-25. I think there were better results if I monitored every single one, but hey works good as is. My problem is when I go with stoploss 15 pips that in 1/3 of trades hit stoploss. I like it and I will play more on demo for now. What do you think to start with $500 on live, 0.1 lots?

Thx.

Alt

do you post a chart with the exemple of entry ?

Joesmoe,

Thanks for your generous contritution. Just to make sure I get everything right:

System #1: 100-300 Pips Per Day

Any pair

Any timeframe

Indicators:

- MACD (11,21,11)

- TRO Support and Resistance

Enter long:

- When price moves above resistance.

- When MACD crosses level 0 upwards.

Enter short:

- When price moves below support.

- When MACD crosses level 0 downwards.

Money management and exit:

Stop loss:

- 15 pips

- 10 pips (choppy market)

Take profit:

- 30 pips (or opposite directional setup)

System #2: High/Low 11,21,11 MACD Histo Trade

Any pair

1 hour timeframe

Indicators:

TRO3_Level_ZZ_Semafor

MACD (11,21,11)

TRO Support and Resistance

Enter long:

- Wait for Number 3 to show up.

- Wait till MACD histo peaks and retraces back.

Enter short:

- Same as above but adapted to bearish moves.

- Fibs

- Trend channels

- Support/resistance

I would like to know if I got everything right. I am enclosing a color MACD indicator wich I think is great for a visual signal of histo retracement. Also, what would you think about setting a stop loss at 2 X ATR and the profit level at the same amount of risk? I suppose that the money management you suggested earlier (SL=15 pips - TP=30 pips) in system #1 refered to a 5 min chart as in the image? I am having a hard time to establish my stops and limits whatever the system I'm using and I realize that it is probably the most important aspect of trading.

Finally, what wouls be an acceptable gap in time between the MACD signal and the S/R signal in system #1?

Thanks and regards,

Chamane

Files:

MACD Settings

chamane:
Joesmoe,

Thanks for your generous contritution. Just to make sure I get everything right:

System #1: 100-300 Pips Per Day

Any pair

Any timeframe

Indicators:

- MACD (11,21,11)

- TRO Support and Resistance

Enter long:

- When price moves above resistance.

- When MACD crosses level 0 upwards.

Enter short:

- When price moves below support.

- When MACD crosses level 0 downwards.

Stop loss:

- 15 pips

Take profit:

- 30 pips (or opposite directional setup)

System #2: High/Low 11,21,11 MACD Histo Trade

Any pair

1 hour timeframe

Indicators:

TRO3_Level_ZZ_Semafor

MACD (11,21,11)

TRO Support and Resistance

Enter long:

- Wait for Number 3 to show up.

- Wait till MACD histo peaks and retraces back.

Enter short:

- Same as above but adapted to bearish moves.

- Fibs

- Trend channels

- Support/resistance

I would like to know if I got everything right. I am enclosing a color MACD indicator wich I think is great for a visual signal of histo retracement. Also, what would you think about setting a stop loss at 2 X ATR and the profit level at the same amount of risk? I suppose that the money management you suggested earlier (SL=15 pips - TP=30 pips) in system #1 refered to a 5 min chart as in the image? I am having a hard time to establish my stops and limits whatever the system I'm using and I realize that it is probably the most important aspect of trading.

Finally, what wouls be an acceptable gap in time between the MACD signal and the S/R signal in system #1?

Thanks and regards,

Chamane

I think the MACD settings are 11,12,11 and you are showing a 21 in the center instead of 12.

criss73:
shoot, just make 10 pips a day and you'll be a millionaire in no time

Amen

JS

wall03:
Is it the right timing for the short ?

Yes that is correct. There is also another place to enter the trade. When your dealing with anything bigger then 1m,5m charts then you might want to see when the price moves just past the 15min and then go to the 5minute chart and see if there is an entry there.

I look for a cross in the 5 minute S/R. Either one will work. It all depends on were your comfortable with the entry.

JS

Reason: